Music Drake - Certified Lover Boy

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Drake's music is objectively shite though. Like there's as much argument in him having made anything decent as there's in earth being flat.
Not much point us carrying on then is there?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
For what it’s worth, I don’t think any music is objectively bad and there’s plenty of artists I dislike. They’re just not to my taste and I get that people like different things.

Except country music. That is quite bad and should be illegal.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For what it’s worth, I don’t think any music is objectively bad and there’s plenty of artists I dislike. They’re just not to my taste and I get that people like different things.

Feel like I've been into some night clubs where the music should qualify as objectively bad.

bucky

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
you guys all sound like souness on pogba
What do you expect, honestly? It’s like me going on a hiphop forum and expecting sensible analysis on Man Utd’s squad balance.

DWelbz19

It’s a bit… eh, though. I’ve not liked any project Drake has done consistently since If You’re Reading This — it’s mostly just a 5-8 songs on a 20 track album that hits for me. Feels like CLB will follow suit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A playlist again so it'll be exactly the type of thing you just take a few songs if you like it. Similar to More Life.

Santos J

It’s a bit… eh, though. I’ve not liked any project Drake has done consistently since If You’re Reading This — it’s mostly just a 5-8 songs on a 20 track album that hits for me. Feels like CLB will follow suit.
Yeah not listened to it all yet but feeling the same from what I've heard so far, nothing really standout yet for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm only 6 tracks in but feels very subdued so far.

EDIT: Oh no he sampled Right Said Fred.

DWelbz19

Sure, if you want to listen to D'Angelo in 2021.
I mean… there’s plenty of good R&B out today. Miguel, Anderson .Paak, Sampha, Solange, Jasmine Sullivan, Brent Faiyaz, Daniel Caesar, Frank Ocean (though he transcends genres) — I can go on? Or we can just keep yelling at clouds and pretending music has been bad ever since the 90s.
This might be worse than Donda. In fact it is worse.
Obviously, DONDA was actually a very good album?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean… there’s plenty of good R&B out today. Miguel, Anderson .Paak, Sampha, Solange, Jasmine Sullivan, Brent Faiyaz, Daniel Caesar, Frank Ocean (though he transcends genres) — I can go on? Or we can just keep yelling at clouds and pretending music has been bad ever since the 90s.

Think you're the only person in the Donda thread who said this though. Most from what I can see didn't really like it despite it having a few decent tracks. Plus it's incredibly bloated.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished it.

I think the best comment I've seen about it is that it's cleaning the house music. There's nothing standout and it all sounds quite samey. Some tracks might grow but it's definitely not great.

The production is bland. The features are meh despite some big names. There's not even any real catchy hooks from what I could tell but I also stopped paying attention for the most part.

Someone also said it sounds like a machine learning algorithm made a Drake album which is spot on.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Seriously, if there's a bigger D'Angelo stan than me I'd like to meet her
I dated a barista and her sexy time playlist was all D'Angelo, which was ok. Until I went to the coffee shop she worked at to pick her up one day and she was playing the same music there while everyone else was sitting, getting their work done.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Drake's music is as much transcending genres as someone like Frank Ocean or Anderson Paak.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If anyone's looking for Frank Ocean style smooth shit I can recommend Choker.

Petrol Bliss, Juno and Lucky are in constant rotation for me.