Dressing Room Culture and Maturity

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
The more I reflect on the Ferguson era - especially watching our ex-players in punditry and management - it's clear that a major factor in success is the culture in the dressing room. It's clear that Ferguson was able to consistently maintain a will to win, togetherness and pursuit of continuous improvement. If anything threatened to derail this he snuffed it out.

Post-SAF this mentality clearly evaporated. In my opinion a lack of faith in management caused senior players to waiver. We signed players with the wrong mentality and had no senior structure to guide them. We also mixed in a crop of young players who suffered from this lack of appropriate role models.

I just watched a Marcus Rashford interview (about his campaigning) and it's amazing to see how mature he has become. All of this has occured during a time when Ole has focused on culture.

Add to the mix players like Fernandes, Cavani (who I enjoyed watching berate eachother on the pitch against Burnley to reach higher standards). As well as unassuming and professional characters like Maguire, and it's clear to see we have a togetherness and energy unseen in the last 7 years.

I think we have all seen, either in the workplace or team sports, that culture and attitude can beat talent. For the first time in a long time I'm confident that we have the right character at the club.

Long may it continue.

crossy1686

career ending
This is something you have to give credit to Solskjaer for.

When he came in, the core group in the dressing room were: Pogba, Lukaku, Lingard, with Martial and Rashford on the fringe. No doubt that is an immature bunch.

Now it's Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, and Cavani.

The difference that must make in the dressing room must be night and day.

Jaae

Not ITK
Instilling a winning mentality into your team is far more important than ‘coaching attacking patterns.’ It also takes far more time.

It’s no surprise that our best seasons since Ferguson have come under Mourinho and Solskjaer, two winners.

Mourinho hit a dead end when he realised he was working for a club that is satisfied to finish 4th. Ole won’t rock the boat like José did so let’s see what happens in the next couple of years, as we’re definitely moving in the right direction under him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The more I reflect on the Ferguson era - especially watching our ex-players in punditry and management - it's clear that a major factor in success is the culture in the dressing room. It's clear that Ferguson was able to consistently maintain a will to win, togetherness and pursuit of continuous improvement. If anything threatened to derail this he snuffed it out.

Post-SAF this mentality clearly evaporated. In my opinion a lack of faith in management caused senior players to waiver. We signed players with the wrong mentality and had no senior structure to guide them. We also mixed in a crop of young players who suffered from this lack of appropriate role models.

I just watched a Marcus Rashford interview (about his campaigning) and it's amazing to see how mature he has become. All of this has occured during a time when Ole has focused on culture.

Add to the mix players like Fernandes, Cavani (who I enjoyed watching berate eachother on the pitch against Burnley to reach higher standards). As well as unassuming and professional characters like Maguire, and it's clear to see we have a togetherness and energy unseen in the last 7 years.

I think we have all seen, either in the workplace or team sports, that culture and attitude can beat talent. For the first time in a long time I'm confident that we have the right character at the club.

Long may it continue.
This, this and this.

Seeing them all shout at eachother, storm around the pitch with faces like thunder and look frustrated when a pass doesn't go well or a shot is missed - it's fantastic.

For way too long our team was a bunch of mates having a kick about, not really too bothered if things weren't going well. Standards were allowed to drop and they weren't held accountable on the pitch - now we've seen that attitude is changing and the players aren't happy to settle for mediocrity.

Cavani was a really smart move to bring in IMO, a bit like Ibrahimovic he comes in with a big reputation but also the correct winners attitude. He's not just here for the pay day you can tell that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon we have a lot to thank Bruno for there. I used to get the feeling at times there was no personal accountability in this squad. If they lost or played poor it was just another days work and they’d be on social media later smiling away. We’ve seen on the field how he acts and bitches and moans and puts everything into it and I can’t imagine he is any different off the field or in training either. It’s that sort of attitude that will make others look at themselves and look to raise their own effort levels and improve their own game because there’s no arguing back at him - he does everything he asks of others.

reelworld

I reckon we have a lot to thank Bruno for there. I used to get the feeling at times there was no personal accountability in this squad. If they lost or played poor it was just another days work and they’d be on social media later smiling away. We’ve seen on the field how he acts and bitches and moans and puts everything into it and I can’t imagine he is any different off the field or in training either. It’s that sort of attitude that will make others look at themselves and look to raise their own effort levels and improve their own game because there’s no arguing back at him - he does everything he asks of others.
It helps that he actually deliver on the pitch.