Dušan Vlahović

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I doubt it. You've begun the process of selling off your future. Also, I expect United to begin next season relatively debt-free.
It is not doubting it or not. The numbers are there.
If next year a new owner comes and pays the debt, there will be no discussion.

Pintu

Not worth the price tag. Declining since he made that big money move to Juventus… He used to score very 100 mn for Fiorentina, now he needs 50% more time to score each goal…

city-puma

Why is he so highly rated here, especially considering his price tag? What’s his most standout ability? I watched some his highlights but don’t really get what’s so special about him.

Sanche7

Still reckon he is third on our list,maybe even fourth behind Sesko. Could potentially go all in if we don't get anywhere with Kane/Osimhen.
Agree, absolutely not worth the rumored 90 million price tag. Would rather spend 20-30 million more and get Victor Osimhen.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Why is he so highly rated here, especially considering his price tag? What’s his most standout ability? I watched some his highlights but don’t really get what’s so special about him.
He is the best striker in the Serie A by a distance. He is not the right fit for Juve and also the team as a whole is unrecognisable. In a fully functioning team you’d be surprised how good he is.
I don’t want him at United but I rate him higher than Osimhen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is the best striker in the Serie A by a distance. He is not the right fit for Juve and also the team as a whole is unrecognisable. In a fully functioning team you’d be surprised how good he is.
I don’t want him at United but I rate him higher than Osimhen.
He is in no way the best striker by a distance, considering the vast majority of viewers would rate Osimhen as such. So even if you think he is better (an unpopular opinion), you just can't say that he's the best by far which is obviously nonsense.
59th percentile in non penalty xG for the season in the league vs the 99th percentile, literally the very best goalscorer... Like come on.

bosnian_red

Not worth the price tag. Declining since he made that big money move to Juventus… He used to score very 100 mn for Fiorentina, now he needs 50% more time to score each goal…

If you looked at the analytics for him, it always pointed to a flukey year where he vastly overperformed xG and his goal total was propped up by pens. The rest of his career is more in line with his underlying stats that year. 1 hot finishing run though and you become a 70m player.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He is in no way the best striker by a distance, considering the vast majority of viewers would rate Osimhen as such. So even if you think he is better (an unpopular opinion), you just can't say that he's the best by far which is obviously nonsense.
59th percentile in non penalty xG for the season in the league vs the 99th percentile, literally the very best goalscorer... Like come on.
Don’t worry about me, most of my opinion is unpopular by the way.
Barring Dzeko and Giroud, there are no top strikers in the Serie A. Considering those two are on their way out and don’t get factored in these conversations. He is the only one that looks like a striker for 90mins.
If you’ve been watching Juve this season, you’ll see the reason for his drop off.

Canagel

He is a good player but far from the finished article. 100m for him is too much. 60-70m at best.

Mainoldo

Watched his performance against Torino the other day. If we can’t get Kane I’d want this guy. He has that Van Nistelrooy about him. Great finisher if he can be unlocked.

Rolaholic

Thought he was quite poor against Torino, he messed up a couple great chances to score

Mmm-Qatarian

I have nothing to add to the discussion other than that he looks the part. Not necessarily in a footballing sense; I've never seen him play. He just looks exactly like you'd expect a ruthless goalscorer to look.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I just don’t think he’s all that convincing? Certainly for the money that it would probably take to sign him.
Yeah, i am not a fan too. He is a solid striker and nothing else.
Striker position is something in which we should avoid any risk and go for the best of the best on the market (even if that means to sacrifice some other position). Kane and Osimhen are the only two names which should be on our striker shortlist.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yeah, i am not a fan too. He is a solid striker and nothing else.
Striker position is something in which we should avoid any risk and go for the best of the best on the market (even if that means to sacrifice some other position). Kane and Osimhen are the only two names which should be on our striker shortlist.
It's very likely those are the two we would be priced out of a move for

bosnian_red

Massive avoid and looks like a likely flop if he comes to the prem. Never had more than 0.76 non pen xG per 90. Doesn't offer much outside goals, which he doesn't offer at an elite level which is what we need.

Decent player, good for a mid table side to take a punt on a 40/50m and hope they really hit. Nowhere near worth it for more than that or for a top club as the top clubs really need to nail their striker buys.

Kane, Osimhen for elite options. Hojlund, Ferguson as young with elite potential options. Would be pretty underwhelmed or apprehensive with anyone else and think anybody else would be the wrong targets, given we need an elite attacker. Not just good or not just very good. Need that elite potential. Can't be an elite side without a star, elite attacker. All ours for me have "very good" as their peak, bar Garnacho who has elite potential.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think people are underrating him slightly. I'm a big fan and would really like him at Utd. He's technically sound, a big guy with good physicality and I truly believe in the right team he would bang them in. Juventus are really poor this season so its hardly the easiest place for a striker. If we can't get Kane then I think he's the right choice, especially over someone like Osimhen.

Hughes35

The only 3 strikes we should be seriously in for are Kane, Oshimen and Ferguson.

If we are serious, we can land one of those. Players like Vlahovic for big money shouldn't be a consideration in this window

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is he really a player we should be looking at?
He’s decent. He isn’t a bad player at all. Juve make players look terrible so I wouldn’t judge him too harshly playing in that Allegri team.

Mainoldo

I like the profile. Not sure about his lack of goals this season. But he’s had a bad groin injury from what has been reported. So maybe just a blip.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Massive avoid and looks like a likely flop if he comes to the prem. Never had more than 0.76 non pen xG per 90. Doesn't offer much outside goals, which he doesn't offer at an elite level which is what we need.

Decent player, good for a mid table side to take a punt on a 40/50m and hope they really hit. Nowhere near worth it for more than that or for a top club as the top clubs really need to nail their striker buys.

Kane, Osimhen for elite options. Hojlund, Ferguson as young with elite potential options. Would be pretty underwhelmed or apprehensive with anyone else and think anybody else would be the wrong targets, given we need an elite attacker. Not just good or not just very good. Need that elite potential. Can't be an elite side without a star, elite attacker. All ours for me have "very good" as their peak, bar Garnacho who has elite potential.
Would add Goncalo Ramos to the list of younger strikers I'd be intrigued by, though people who've actually watched more of him might say he's not up to the required standard either.

Other than that, 100% agree. Let's not settle for a pretty B-tier talent like Vlahovic.

Pintu

Is he really a player we should be looking at?
I don’t think there are many players under 30 (and even less under 25) who have scored as many goals over the last 3 seasons.

He has to be an option…

L1nk

This has Chelsea written all over it. I think he's a level below Kane and Osimhen, but he's a level above Ferguson and Hojlund (for the time being)

Tier 1 - Kane and Osimhen
Tier 2 - Vlahovic and Ramos
Tier 3 - Hojlund and Ferguson

telstar96

Anyone who's interested in what Vlahvoic's strengths and weaknesses are should check this out.

bosnian_red

Would add Goncalo Ramos to the list of younger strikers I'd be intrigued by, though people who've actually watched more of him might say he's not up to the required standard either.

Other than that, 100% agree. Let's not settle for a mid player.
Yeah Ramos again looks alright but nowhere near convinced he's of the required standard. We're in a weird spot as there are tons of players who can improve us, but for the level we want to reach, there are very few. And there's a ton of those not elite current or potential forwards who still would cost 60m+ which is far too much.

Kane has age issues, but i do get it from the guarantee top level approach. Osimhen is perfect for me, but huge cost (and some injury issues). Ferguson or Schick in 4 years or so after Kane makes sense. Hojlund is the only one who seems like an all rounder at an age where he could be about to step up further too, and we'd be getting him before his price explodes further. It's a good market to shop in and where the best clubs tend to focus their recruitment in.