Dušan Vlahović

BerryBerryShrew

I can understand us targeting Kane or Oshimen. But surely there is no justification for going for Vlahovic over Ferguson? If there are (entirely reasonable) question marks about Evan being enough of a finished article to lead the line for us immediately, then surely there are even more for Vlahovic who looks inferior to Ferguson despite being far closer to his peak and for whom pens mask his very mediocre scoring record. Same applies to Ramos to be honest. If not Kane or Oshimen, then go for Ferguson immediately. Even someone like Toney looks like a much more complete player than Vlahovic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The only 3 strikes we should be seriously in for are Kane, Oshimen and Ferguson.

If we are serious, we can land one of those. Players like Vlahovic for big money shouldn't be a consideration in this window
I would put Toney (despite ban) in top 3.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I can understand us targeting Kane or Oshimen. But surely there is no justification for going for Vlahovic over Ferguson? If there are (entirely reasonable) question marks about Evan being enough of a finished article to lead the line for us immediately, then surely there are even more for Vlahovic who looks inferior to Ferguson despite being far closer to his peak and for whom pens mask his very mediocre scoring record. Same applies to Ramos to be honest. If not Kane or Oshimen, then go for Ferguson immediately. Even someone like Toney looks like a much more complete player than Vlahovic.
Ferguson signed a new deal and isn't available this summer. I'd take Hojland though

BerryBerryShrew

Ferguson signed a new deal and isn't available this summer. I'd take Hojland though
I'd imagine that if we bid as much for Ferguson as the tweets suggest that we may have to bid for Vlahovic, then Brighton will consider him available for sale this summer.

Cassidy

I'd imagine that if we bid as much for Ferguson as the tweets suggest that we may have to bid for Vlahovic, then Brighton will consider him available for sale this summer.
Doubt it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How good is this guy? Only seen him play a few games this season but he’s miles of the top goalscorer in their league.

dinostar77

Regardless you can't be paying 80m for him given the last 2 years
Hes only 23 and has had allegri aa a manager. Osiheim would struggle just as much in a allegri juventus team. Vlahovic would probably score 25 in the current napoli team.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Regardless you can't be paying 80m for him given the last 2 years
Agreed on the 80m but he was surrounded by absolute dogshit for most of the season as well. For 60m I'd do it. He's better than his goal tally shows.

Cassidy

Hes only 23 and has had allegri aa a manager. Osiheim would struggle just as much in a allegri juventus team. Vlahovic would probably score 25 in the current napoli team.
Yes he is only 23 and unproven, not what you pay 80m I'm not saying he couldn't be a good player. I'm saying he is a big gamble and the price should reflect this.

Hughes35

I would put Toney (despite ban) in top 3.
If he wasn't banned I'd agree. We can't afford to write off half a season though.

If we already had a decent striker then I'd be happy with Toney...... We literally have nobody else to rely on.

dinostar77

Unproven? He
Yes he is only 23 and unproven, not what you pay 80m I'm not saying he couldn't be a good player. I'm saying he is a big gamble and the price should reflect this.
Unproven ? He plays for one of the biggest teams in the world.

Osihiem is more "unproven" as he doesnt have the pressure of playing for a juventus, ac milan, inter milan on his shoulders

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do you see him as a striker who is a game changer? I don't.
Kane (especially) and Osimhen are those type of strikers. Strikers who can win you games out of nothing.

TGod

Nowadays, you pay 80 million for potential. That's football right now. How much would Brighton's Ferguson cost? northward of 60 million, same with all these other striker potentials out there.

Kane is the only genuine star striker that we can get. For the others, you are just paying for potential.

The-Mezzala

How much would he cost? With all the off field drama at Juventus they might be open to selling for a fair price. Could be a cheaper option to Osimhen and Kane.

Cassidy

Nowadays, you pay 80 million for potential. That's football right now. How much would Brighton's Ferguson cost? northward of 60 million, same with all these other striker potentials out there.

Kane is the only genuine star striker that we can get. For the others, you are just paying for potential.
Off good form yes, not major injury and patchy form over the last 2 years. His potential is in question

Cassidy

Unproven? He

Osihiem is more "unproven" as he doesnt have the pressure of playing for a juventus, ac milan, inter milan on his shoulders
So does Garnacho whats your point?
He is unproven given his form at Juve (not saying that's his fault)

Wrecking ralf

Unproven? He

Biggest in popularity but they don’t play like one of the biggest at the minute. Vlahovic is a goalscorer and needs the opportunity to score goals. The team he’s surrounded by make that a lot harder. He’d 100% score 20+ for us

Cassidy

Biggest in popularity but they don’t play like one of the biggest at the minute. Vlahovic is a goalscorer and needs the opportunity to score goals. The team he’s surrounded by make that a lot harder. He’d 100% score 20+ for us
Statements like this are wild. Hes only scored 20+ once in his career and its not like we're a team that put tons of chances on a plate for strikers either.
He looks like a player who has the potential but we don't know whether he can play at the level required, that's just it.

Worth noting that in the same Juve side Rabiot only has 2 less league goals, and only 3 less in all competitions. I would expect a striker that can walk into our team and score 20+ easily to be able to outscore Rabiot by more than 2 goals...

Wrecking ralf

Statements like this are wild. Hes only scored 20+ once in his career and its not like we're a team that put tons of chances on a plate for strikers either.
He looks like a player who has the potential but we don't know whether he can play at the level required, that's just it.

Worth noting that in the same Juve side Rabiot only has 2 less league goals, and only 3 less in all competitions. I would expect a striker that can walk into our team and score 20+ easily to be able to outscore Rabiot by more than 2 goals...
Rabiot has 2 less goals in more games played. Yeah this hasn’t been a good season for him, but his ability isn’t being reflected as can happen to a lot of players in a team that is hampering how they play at their best. He’s 23 and has the style that would work in how we play. We certainly are a team that put chances on a plate, hence why we are constantly moaning about the chances we’ve missed this year that should have been goals and crying out for a proper striker. Vlahovic is one. He may have only broke the 20 goal barrier once but the season after he had 17 goals in 21 games. That’s a pretty decent record. Even his first season at juve was a goal every 2 games ratio. He’d get the support and the chances at Utd to flourish

Cassidy

Rabiot has 2 less goals in more games played. Yeah this hasn’t been a good season for him, but his ability isn’t being reflected as can happen to a lot of players in a team that is hampering how they play at their best. He’s 23 and has the style that would work in how we play. We certainly are a team that put chances on a plate, hence why we are constantly moaning about the chances we’ve missed this year that should have been goals and crying out for a proper striker. Vlahovic is one. He may have only broke the 20 goal barrier once but the season after he had 17 goals in 21 games. That’s a pretty decent record. Even his first season at juve was a goal every 2 games ratio. He’d get the support and the chances at Utd to flourish
Ok 3 more games played, its still not a good look.
Also I'm not even doubting that he is potentially good, Im simply saying in no way we should be paying Juve 80m for him when he showed little progression whilst he's been there.
He is unproven, and his price tag should reflect that

Wrecking ralf

Ok 3 more games played, its still not a good look.
Also I'm not even doubting that he is potentially good, Im simply saying in no way we should be paying Juve 80m for him when he showed little progression whilst he's been there.
He is unproven, and his price tag should reflect that
Oh 100% 80mil is too much. 60 mil max will do.

nemanjaa

Vlahovic would undoubtebly improve us. Its also worth noting that he had to have surgery right before the world cup, rushed back so this might have impcted his numbers in an otherwise dysfunctional Juventus side.

One thing to consider might be the mental side, Piksi had to bench him with all the sleeping with teammate (edit: wife! Suddenly different meaning) rumors going around and it seems to have impacted him at the time. Might not have the big game mentality - but then again sample size is too small to draw any conclusions..

Last edited:

Cassidy

Vlahovic would undoubtebly improve us. Its also worth noting that he had to have surgery right before the world cup, rushed back so this might have impcted his numbers in an otherwise dysfunctional Juventus side.

One thing to consider might be the mental side, Piksi had to bench him with all the sleeping with teammate rumors going around and it seems to have impacted him at the time. Might not have the big game mentality - but then again sample size is too small to draw any conclusions..
Whats this about?

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Whats this about?
There was a rumour in Serbian media that he slept with his teammates wife, I believe Gudelj or a 2nd or 3rd goalkeeper. Nobody could prove it in the end, but it came out at a horrendous timing right during the World Cup period.

Edit: Just noticed he edited it later :lol:

Pintu

Where did you get this?

He is only 23 years old and he has scored 77 goals in all competitions over the last three seasons. How many players under 25 can you name who have scored as much in this period?

You are also wrong if you are only considering league goals. He scored 21 and 24 league over the 2 previous seasons… Maybe you got confused by websites separating his tallies for Fiorentina and Juventus last year?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Unproven? He

Proven means delivering successful seasons at the top clubs. Not just playing for them :lol:

Your point about Osimhen is a nonsense. He lifted them to winning a title.

zaafi

Where did you get this?

He is only 23 years old and he has scored 77 goals in all competitions over the last three seasons. How many players under 25 can you name who have scored as much in this period?

You are also wrong if you are only considering league goals. He scored 21 and 24 league over the 2 previous seasons… Maybe you got confused by websites separating his tallies for Fiorentina and Juventus last year?
He scored 21 and 17 league goals for Fiorentina, not 24. These numbers are also inflated because he scored 6 of those 21 goals from penalties, and 5 out of the 17.
I think it's also important to note that this is in Serie A as well, where strikers like Lukaku, Immobile and an ancient Dzeko is racking up big numbers.
Vlahovic would be a decent back-up for us, but if we want to be one of the best teams again, he's not the answer.

Pintu

He scored 21 and 17 league goals for Fiorentina, not 24. These numbers are also inflated because he scored 6 of those 21 goals from penalties, and 5 out of the 17.
21 goals in his first season as a starter (as 21 year old)… And 17 in a bit over half a season, he then scored 7 for Juve, making his total 24 for that season.

Spare me your ”Serie A is shit, blabla, and all leagues are farmer leagues...” That is irrelevant here since we are comparing players in those leagues among them. Can you answer my question “who else has scored more goals over the last 3 seasons?”

He is only 23 years old and he has scored 77 goals in all competitions over the last three seasons. How many players under 25 can you name who have scored as many in this period?

zaafi

21 goals in his first season as a starter (as 21 year old)… And 17 in a bit over half a season, he then scored 7 for Juve, making his total 24 for that season.

Spare me your ”Serie A is shit, blabla, and all leagues are farmer leagues...” That is irrelevant here since we are comparing players in those leagues among them. Can you answer my question “who else has scored more goals over the last 3 seasons?”
I don't know, and I never claimed there were. I'm not the first poster you quoted. There probably are some.
He has 10 league goals this season and both his goals per 90 and expected goals are average. He is absolutely an upgrade on Weghorst, but we should aim higher.

dinostar77

Proven means delivering successful seasons at the top clubs. Not just playing for them :lol:

Your point about Osimhen is a nonsense. He lifted them to winning a title.
What would osimhen have done in this allegri juventus team? Sod all.

Vlahovic might have won napoli the title if roles were swapped with osimhen.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Anyone who's interested in what Vlahvoic's strengths and weaknesses are should check this out.

Has attributes very similiar to Harry Kane. Even though he hasn't been that good the last few season, I can see Pochettino working his magic and making him one of the best striker in football. His passing from deep is very similar to how Kane would drop back and spread the ball. It is also a gamble because he also look very sluggish like morata. How he develops will be dependent on his manager and the type of players around him. However, I don't think he is €80m worth.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What would osimhen have done in this allegri juventus team? Sod all.

Vlahovic might have won napoli the title if roles were swapped with osimhen.
That is such stupid logic :lol:

You're also saying Vlahovic is proven because he wore a Juve shirt? the state of that post.

I guess Brandon Williams is proven too.

Abraxas

He doesn't seem to have really kicked on much at all. If you are not trending positively at Juventus, what makes anybody think he'd be a brilliant investment for Man Utd?

If he was going to be a lower price that says he's kind of regressed from the hot prospect he was considered at Fiorentina, then maybe it would make a little sense to speculate on him. But that's not very likely.

I don't like the Kane deal at all, but I'd rather pump money into that then a 23 year old that isn't stepping up. Proven quality versus regression.