Duncan Castles

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Still don't like him. It's like knowing someone who constantly slags you off and then one day decides to start being nice to you.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why has he changed his tune anyway? Surely a journalist should be impartial and the fact that he's willingly swapping sides and being extremely biased is a bit weird.

Nero

Bet Castle's basement is some kind of Mourinho shrine. His unconditional love of him is creepy, bordering on stalker level behaviour.

JohnnyKills

Why has he changed his tune anyway? Surely a journalist should be impartial and the fact that he's willingly swapping sides and being extremely biased is a bit weird.
Because Mourinho is feeding him quotes and stories so it pays to be loyal.

RedCurry

Shame really that he's too bald for Jose to admit that Castles is his love child.

Man-United

Could be a decent pick to be our new assistant manager if Faria leaves.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Always been a big, big fan of his.

Brophs

The One and Only
The inevitable shit fit he'll have when we sack Mourinho will be something to see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still don't like him. It's like knowing someone who constantly slags you off and then one day decides to start being nice to you.
Exactly. You know what they'll be capable of and it'll change back at some stage.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's weird to care for that.
Dunno if you mean me, or Castles. If it helps, though, I won't care about either us sacking Mourinho, or Castles having a shit fit. I doesn't mean I won't find the latter funny, though.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wanted to know this. Makes sense now.
What makes sense? A grown man not giving a shit if another grown man, who has spent his adult life leaving football clubs in acrimonious circumstances, ends up leaving the club he supports in acrimonious circumstances?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What makes sense? A grown man not giving a shit if another grown man, who has spent his adult life leaving football clubs in acrimonious circumstances, ends up leaving the club he supports in acrimonious circumstances?
You'd give a shit if our third manager after Fergie turned out to be a flop, surely? Whatever your feelings about him as a person, you must want Mourinho to succeed? There comes a point when a blip becomes a crisis. Three dud managerial hirings in a row is far too close to that point for my liking. As a football club we've got a hell of a lot (literally and figuratively) invested in Mourinho. It does seem a little strange that you wouldn't give a shit if it all goes tits up tbf.

Moonred

It makes sense you looking forward to it and then the ensuing shit fit by baldy. Calm down.

I wouldn't because it would mostly be in patchy circumstances for the club and laughing at the bald cnut wouldn't be occupying my thoughts.

Thisistheone

He winds up opposition fans something silly. Worth it just to see them all kicking off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Even taking on the official Roma twitter account on Man Utd's behalf!

One of the best things Jose's brought to the club frankly. :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This guy over the years has spewed constant bile towards the club and is currently doing the same alongside his side-kick the awful Ian McGarry. The below article from 2015 sheds some light on why he might be so hostile towards the club.

"Archival data released for the first time this week has revealed that football journalist Duncan Castles was repeatedly rejected as a member of the Manchester United fan club as a child.
The data’s release, prompted by Manchester United fans eager to know the inner workings of their club, inadvertently revealed that the writer for the Sunday Times was rejected on a record 68 occasions after applying for membership of the team’s fan club, between the ages of seven and 13.
Speaking today, a member of the club’s administrative staff explained the details behind the rejections".
“We didn’t even realise we’d rejected the guy to be honest,” said the source. “Our data tells us that the first 12 rejections were simply administrative errors.”
As time passed however, the source added, Castles’ applications became more and more threatening in their tone.
“After we finally noticed our error it was sadly too late. This child had lost his innocence. By the end the letters were just pages soaked in blood.”
The club’s revelation may go some way to explaining Castles’ attitude towards the club in his writings, said the source, adding that there was surprise among staff in the fact he’d become a journalist at all.
“It’s good for him I suppose, that he’s got a major outlet for his large amount of anger. But given that most of his articles, like his letters, are just angry bile it is peculiar to say the least.”
Despite apologising for the error, at press time the club expressed relief that it kept “such a dangerous and strange man” away from the club".

https://www.tbnsport.com/2015/10/04/duncan-castles-repeatedly-rejected-by-man-utd-fan-club-as-child-archives-reveal/