Duncan Castles

Ladron de redcafe

This guy over the years has spewed constant bile towards the club and is currently doing the same alongside his side-kick the awful Ian McGarry. The below article from 2015 sheds some light on why he might be so hostile towards the club.

"Archival data released for the first time this week has revealed that football journalist Duncan Castles was repeatedly rejected as a member of the Manchester United fan club as a child.
The data’s release, prompted by Manchester United fans eager to know the inner workings of their club, inadvertently revealed that the writer for the Sunday Times was rejected on a record 68 occasions after applying for membership of the team’s fan club, between the ages of seven and 13.
Speaking today, a member of the club’s administrative staff explained the details behind the rejections".
“We didn’t even realise we’d rejected the guy to be honest,” said the source. “Our data tells us that the first 12 rejections were simply administrative errors.”
As time passed however, the source added, Castles’ applications became more and more threatening in their tone.
“After we finally noticed our error it was sadly too late. This child had lost his innocence. By the end the letters were just pages soaked in blood.”
The club’s revelation may go some way to explaining Castles’ attitude towards the club in his writings, said the source, adding that there was surprise among staff in the fact he’d become a journalist at all.
“It’s good for him I suppose, that he’s got a major outlet for his large amount of anger. But given that most of his articles, like his letters, are just angry bile it is peculiar to say the least.”
Despite apologising for the error, at press time the club expressed relief that it kept “such a dangerous and strange man” away from the club".

https://www.tbnsport.com/2015/10/04/duncan-castles-repeatedly-rejected-by-man-utd-fan-club-as-child-archives-reveal/
Wow.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This guy over the years has spewed constant bile towards the club and is currently doing the same alongside his side-kick the awful Ian McGarry. The below article from 2015 sheds some light on why he might be so hostile towards the club.

"Archival data released for the first time this week has revealed that football journalist Duncan Castles was repeatedly rejected as a member of the Manchester United fan club as a child.
The data’s release, prompted by Manchester United fans eager to know the inner workings of their club, inadvertently revealed that the writer for the Sunday Times was rejected on a record 68 occasions after applying for membership of the team’s fan club, between the ages of seven and 13.
Speaking today, a member of the club’s administrative staff explained the details behind the rejections".
“We didn’t even realise we’d rejected the guy to be honest,” said the source. “Our data tells us that the first 12 rejections were simply administrative errors.”
As time passed however, the source added, Castles’ applications became more and more threatening in their tone.
“After we finally noticed our error it was sadly too late. This child had lost his innocence. By the end the letters were just pages soaked in blood.”
The club’s revelation may go some way to explaining Castles’ attitude towards the club in his writings, said the source, adding that there was surprise among staff in the fact he’d become a journalist at all.
“It’s good for him I suppose, that he’s got a major outlet for his large amount of anger. But given that most of his articles, like his letters, are just angry bile it is peculiar to say the least.”
Despite apologising for the error, at press time the club expressed relief that it kept “such a dangerous and strange man” away from the club".

https://www.tbnsport.com/2015/10/04/duncan-castles-repeatedly-rejected-by-man-utd-fan-club-as-child-archives-reveal/
TBN sports, followed by 4 people, with an Onion piece? What is this @Adnan ?

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he can be entertaining and more than others he's consistently banged on about the Glazer scum. In my view, he's not really been derogatory about the club, as he has been dismissive of the club's ambitions and it's leadership. Granted, he won't criticise Mourinho at all, but he does point to some home truths here and there.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
TBN Sport was a satire page, one of the better ones actually if you have a look on their Twitter page. So obviously it's fake.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Back on topic though, Castles is a massive weirdo. How can you have any journalistic integrity when you’ve switched from constant negative articles about us to all positive ones (whilst Mourinho was here) and then back to purely negative ones.

He’s a bit like Glaston in that he never talks about us if we’re doing well but the second we have a bad result he’s tweeting about Ole. His subservience to Mourinho is cringeworthy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he can be entertaining and more than others he's consistently banged on about the Glazer scum. In my view, he's not really been derogatory about the club, as he has been dismissive of the club's ambitions and it's leadership. Granted, he won't criticise Mourinho at all, but he does point to some home truths here and there.
The Glazer's are incompetent owners, we all know that since more than ever since Fergie retired. But Castles is a cnut and some of his criticism of the club is ridiculous.

Dominos

His anti-Glazer and anti-Woodward stance seems to be a way of absolving Mourinho of any blame for his failures while he was manager here. Not that he's not correct that the club is poorly run, but his motivation for covering that topic so much this is questionable.

He's also obsessed with taking petty digs at our manager after every bad result, dating back to Van Gaal and now Ole. Every time we get a decision in our favour he posts about it, and complete silence when we have decisions against us.

I don't doubt he has sources though. I think the fact that he's such a twat leads people to doubt his credibility on any articles that he writes.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As far as I know he is a PR for Mourinho.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's a PRICK for Mourinho.

Went from talking shite about us, to back handed compliments when Mourinho was here, to talking shite again once Mourinho left.
Public Relations. He does for him in the UK what a guy named Eladio Parames from Portugal did for him when he worked in Portugal, Italy or Spain. Which is, to bash everyone, rivals, journalists, former clubs.

When he started at Manchester United who did Castles attacked most? Guardiola. Since he is at Spurs who is more criticised? Solskjaer, the Glazers etc. It's their modus operandi.

Don't get me wrong, Guardiola also has his friends on the media, even Ole has his former teammates always ready to defend him, there are no angels in the football world. Not even mentioning Klopp, being a Liverpool Manager he already is the best thing the world has ever seen, even when they lose it's always with style and moral justice.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The bloke genuinely needs therapy. His constant need to negatively spin everything Utd/Ole do is unrivalled. Must tear you up inside to be that bitter.