Film Dune

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The two movies end where the first book ends basically. Essentially what RiP says is correct, it's about Paul learning and accepting his position in the world.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Resolved? A huge war was starting and the woman he would "love forever" had been rejected and was buggering of to do something or other. Seemed far from resolved to me. Both of us looked at each other a bit stunned at the end. "Was that it" was my wife's response. So little really happened in terms of plot and it took so long to get there. I didn't hate it at all but what a missed opportunity IMO.
Some of this is an issue with the source material, it's always been a bit anticlimactic because the Harkonnens get dispatched somewhat easily and then the Emperor is in and out of the picture quickly. This is probably magnified in this version since Feyd is not in the first movie. So basically he gets a long introduction, doesn't do much afterwards, and then dies.

The movie feels a bit more open because the whole 'Chani leaves' thing is a Villeneuve invention.