Dusan Vlahovic / signs for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh well then that's settled. :lol:
:lol:

That user’s gimmick has become very strange. He rarely actually posts his own words - it’s just tweets from whatever account he scours

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think he'll join one of Barca (if they don't sign Haaland), Juve or maybe PSG. Sounds like he's not too keen on England.
Not too keen on Arsenal. If Man city comes calling he will jump on board right away.

beingshe7don

I think we should ditch Haaland and all of Raiola's clients and get this guy to lead the line. Vlahovic would bring the balance we need in our attack. None of our strikers bar Cavani can hold the ball.

Pep's Suit

Not too keen on Arsenal. If Man city comes calling he will jump on board right away.
True but I don't think City want him that much and when they're not convinced they don't move (like when Kompany left and they didn't get a new leader for defence). I think ideally they sign Lewa for next 2+1 seasons but he's likely to extend with Bayern.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Think this guy is our number 1 target. Think normally we would look to make a move of this size in the summer but I reckon they know its a bit of a long shot, so to give us the best chance they are going in big and going in early, with the hope that lessens competition for him and gives him a choice to make.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Think this guy is our number 1 target. Think normally we would look to make a move of this size in the summer but I reckon they know its a bit of a long shot, so to give us the best chance they are going in big and going in early, with the hope that lessens competition for him and gives him a choice to make.
Logical step for him is to join a club that can challenge for title and play in CL next season with the season he has right now. He may be our number one target but I just can't see why he would pick Arsenal in January. Just wait till summer and he will have many more options.

troylocker

I really can't see how this guy would score more than 10-15 goals a season in the PL if he doesn't take penalties. His movement and positional awareness just isn't elite.
So far in his career he's been scoring non penalty goals in Serie A every 200 minutes while overperforming his npxG, which is pretty far from elite. How that would translate to the EPL I don't know, but it would surprise me if it improved massively......
Another annoying part of his game is that possession is lost som often with him losing the ball before he gets a pass away:

Misshandles when trying to gain control of the ball from a pass per 90 / getting tackled while running with the ball (not dribbling) per 90
Vlahovic - 3,67 / 2,93 - total 6,60 per 90
Ronaldo - 1,62 / 1,15 - total 2,77 per 90

When none of these are very direct or vertical in their playing style (Vlahovic 0,10xA90/ Ronaldo 0,11xA90) this will get very annoying very fast with Vlahovic.

His pressingnumbers aren't great either, so I would be very sceptical to blowing 70+ M on this guy before he shows improvements in those fields.

Last edited:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I really can't see how this guy would score more than 10-15 goals a season in the PL if he doesn't take penalties. His movement and positional awareness just isn't elite.
So far in his career he's been scoring non penalty goals in Serie A every 200 minutes while overperforming his npxG, which is pretty far from elite. How that would translate to the EPL I don't know, but it would surprise me if it improved massively......
Another annoying part of his game is that possession is lost som often with him losing the ball before he gets a pass away:

Misshandles when trying to gain control of the ball from a pass per 90 / getting tackled while running with the ball (not dribbling) per 90

When none of these are very direct or vertical in their playing style (Vlahovic 0,10xA90/ Ronaldo 0,11xA90) this will get very annoying very fast with Vlahovic.

His pressingnumbers aren't great either, so I would be very sceptical to blowing 70+ M on this guy before he shows improvements in those fields.
Think the problem is the striker market isnt great at the moment. When you look at the names that are getting banded about and linked with the bigger clubs, bar Haaland it's guys like Vlahovic, Isak, David, Nunez, Gouiri, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins. Its hardly a prolific list.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would take Toney to be honest. Not saying I won't take this guy but I haven't seen him at all and no idea how he would do in epl. Toney is brilliant in bringing others into play and is extremely hardworking and brilliant in air.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I would take Toney to be honest. Not saying I won't take this guy but I haven't seen him at all and no idea how he would do in epl. Toney is brilliant in bringing others into play and is extremely hardworking and brilliant in air.
Great player and would be more than happy with him at United.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think the problem is the striker market isnt great at the moment. When you look at the names that are getting banded about and linked with the bigger clubs, bar Haaland it's guys like Vlahovic, Isak, David, Nunez, Gouiri, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins. Its hardly a prolific list.
Especially when you see above, a 25 year old with half a season of top flight experience (in which he has 4 goals in 17 appearances) is a ‘really astute’ buy…

The no.9 market is dryer than the Sahara

captaincantona

We have one of the best finishers in the league playing quite some way away from goal to accommodate Ronaldo. Mason was learning from Cavani and we should be thinking of a formation that gets Mason closer to goal and allows him to improve. He doesn’t have to be a typical number 9 but Jesus we are misusing him.

Saves us €50 million on what will inevitably be a substandard panic buy. Then buy back up options types as a plan “b”.

troylocker

As hardworking and good he is in the air, we need a striker with a lot more goal threat than him. 2 non penalty goals in 17 matches just ain't what we want and Brentford is the perfect level for him.
I would not spend 50+ M on any striker other than Haaland or Mbappe either. The risk with Vlahovic is way to big.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
As hardworking and good he is in the air, we need a striker with a lot more goal threat than him. 2 non penalty goals in 17 matches just ain't what we want and Brentford is the perfect level for him.
I would not spend 50+ M on any striker other than Haaland or Mbappe either. The risk with Vlahovic is way to big.
He is playing for Brentford. You just can't go by goals if you are playing for Brentford.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I said Toney would be a good shout for us in the summer. We need an threat in the air and someone to fight to get onto things once Cavani leaves. Good finisher with either foot. Small wages and transfer fee. Think he’d do really well at a bigger team

Olecurls99

Looks a bit bandy. Nice left foot but I reckon there are speed issues for the Premier league. Not as talented as Greenwood

troylocker

He is playing for Brentford. You just can't go by goals if you are playing for Brentford.
I agree that you can't go by goals alone, but you need to score more than 10% or be directly involved in (score or assist) more than 20% of your teams non penalty goals when you're the main man wether you play for Brentford or anyone else. Brentford is 10th in the league when it comes to chance creation, just 0,18 npxg90 behind us, and Toney brings almost no goal threat what so ever.

Vlahovic has scored 41% and been directly involved in 48% of Fiorentina's non penalty goals this season, a team that creates a similar amount of chances per game as Brentford (0,1 npxg90 more). I still think Vlahovic is a couple of tiers below what we need.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I agree that you can't go by goals alone, but you need to score more than 10% or be directly involved in (score or assist) more than 20% of your teams non penalty goals when you're the main man wether you play for Brentford or anyone else. Brentford is 10th in the league when it comes to chance creation, just 0,18 npxg90 behind us, and Toney brings almost no goal threat what so ever.

Vlahovic has scored 41% and been directly involved in 48% of Fiorentina's non penalty goals this season, a team that creates a similar amount of chances per game as Brentford (0,1 npxg90 more). I still think Vlahovic is a couple of tiers below what we need.
Assuming both Haaland and Mbappe are impossible to get, who does it leave United (and Arsenal) to target ? Nobody really wants to touch Werner after what he has shown with Chelsea, the other elite striker are either too old or not moving (Suarez, Benzema, Griezmann...). I think both clubs (and probably others) will have to make due with what's available and Vlahovic might be the best bet.
The good thing is Isak could be our plan B and i'd be fine with that too.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Neither Mbappé or Haaland will move to United, so it's not like there isn't many options for Man Utd out there.

Clubs will always sell expensive to United cause they know United have money, so it's not like you will get a great striker for a cheap price anyway.

troylocker

Neither Mbappé or Haaland will move to United, so it's not like there isn't many options for Man Utd out there.

Clubs will always sell expensive to United cause they know United have money, so it's not like you will get a great striker for a cheap price anyway.
That isn’t a good reason to buy players not good enough and hope they are anyway. Would rather stick with what we got than blow 50+M on a guy who might not make the cut and give him a 4/5 year contract.
If Haaland goes somewhere else, the money should be spent on a midfielder that goes directly in to the team instead.

gregor

Why no rumors is linking us with him? I'm pretty sure we won't be able to sign Haaland, so Vlahovic is probably the best alternative. Assuming that Cavani and Martial leave in the summer, we need replacement.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

Stats based scouting really doesn't do Vlahovic justice. I say this as an Arsenal supporter who is convinced there is almost no chance we sign him.

Watch him in games and its clear that the guy is a monster talent. Elite athlete with great quickness for his size and the ability to accelerate away from opponents, very good first touch, good awareness of teammates and movement patterns, and an absolute hammer of a left foot. Like any 21 year old player there is a lot of room for improvement and refinement but his ceiling is very very high.

I'm 99% sure he will wait to move to the summer and then go to the biggest striker-needy club that doesn't win the Haaland sweepstakes. Or his agent will force through a move to Juventus. In any case, I think its very unlikely to be Arsenal, which is too bad.

Telsim

Why no rumors is linking us with him? I'm pretty sure we won't be able to sign Haaland, so Vlahovic is probably the best alternative. Assuming that Cavani and Martial leave in the summer, we need replacement.
Wondering the same exact thing. We should be all over this. Cavani and Martial are leaving for sure. Even if Ronaldo doesn't leave this summer he will leave the next. It's really pissing me off how we apparently are not even looking into this. And this guy is really good.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Assuming both Haaland and Mbappe are impossible to get, who does it leave United (and Arsenal) to target ? Nobody really wants to touch Werner after what he has shown with Chelsea, the other elite striker are either too old or not moving (Suarez, Benzema, Griezmann...). I think both clubs (and probably others) will have to make due with what's available and Vlahovic might be the best bet.
The good thing is Isak could be our plan B and i'd be fine with that too.
Vlahovic has zero interest to join Arsenal. There are lots of young striker out there can do a job. Jonathan David for example is doing quite well for Lille this season.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/r...using-data-to-find-5-new-strikers-for-arsenal

NewYorkRed

Never seen him play. Is he actually really good? As in close to haaland level? If yes we need to be all over this since haaland isn’t coming here.

Edit: have seen Isak play and don’t really want him here. He’s good but not next level.

troylocker

Stats based scouting really doesn't do Vlahovic justice. I say this as an Arsenal supporter who is convinced there is almost no chance we sign him.

Watch him in games and its clear that the guy is a monster talent. Elite athlete with great quickness for his size and the ability to accelerate away from opponents, very good first touch, good awareness of teammates and movement patterns, and an absolute hammer of a left foot. Like any 21 year old player there is a lot of room for improvement and refinement but his ceiling is very very high.

I'm 99% sure he will wait to move to the summer and then go to the biggest striker-needy club that doesn't win the Haaland sweepstakes. Or his agent will force through a move to Juventus. In any case, I think its very unlikely to be Arsenal, which is too bad.
You make some good points obviously.
His left foot is scary good and many of the flaws are possible to refine, but I still think it is still hard to tell how high his ceiling is. His numbers screams overperforming though. It’ll be very interesting to see how this season wraps up for him numberswise, if the npxG90 improves a bit, if he can maintain his hot finishing streak and maybe up his movement and workrate a bit as well. Right now I think 70M is too big a bet, but he is definitely a huge talent.

troylocker

Never seen him play. Is he actually really good? As in close to haaland level? If yes we need to be all over this since haaland isn’t coming here.

Edit: have seen Isak play and don’t really want him here. He’s good but not next level.
There is a long way up to Haaland, he is unique.
Vlahovic is still very raw, he might make it to world class and he might not. There is a lot of room for improvent, but he’s a great talent either way and his finishing the last 12 months has been top drawer.
His npxG this season is lower than Ronaldo’s in the league and he has 2xRonaldo’s non penalty goals….

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
For the love of god can we sign this monster

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
seems like he’s off to juve then!

probably for the best, doesn’t strengthen arsenal

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
seems like he’s off to juve then!

probably for the best, doesn’t strengthen arsenal
This is the problem for teams like Spurs and Arsenal. All the top players will be snapped up by the richest clubs.

PoTMS

Overhyped. I can't wait to see him flop at Juve, although I would've much preferred seeing him flop at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.