Dwight McNeil

Classical Mechanic

Look, if we're going to have a Sean Longstaff thread then I think this lad deserves one.

Interesting point to note is that we released him aged 14 and he joined Burnley. He's a Rochdale lad so local to the Manchester area. Like Longstaff he's flown under the radar with no international experience as a youth player.

He has done alright attacking wise, considering who he plays for but has good stats for his all round game

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/357427/Show/Dwight-McNeil

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Didn't realise he was doing so well fair doose.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
My boss is a Burnley fan and raves about this kid.

Their turn in form is being credited a lot to Heaton being put back in goal, and while I don't underestimate that, I think it's also coincided with McNeil getting a run in the first team.

Ekeke

Good youngster with some delivery. Commentary said something about him being a CM but he looks at home to me on the left

passing-wind

This guy looks like a real quality player. Between him and Brooks im expecting them to have fantastic seasons depending on their availability to one selected.

I know the club is clearly targeting Sancho but there's some bright young wide players coming through the league.

Robbie Boy

Played every game for Burnley this season at the age of 20 and finished the season with 6 assists and 2 goals. He looks a promising talent, this lad.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played every game for Burnley this season at the age of 20 and finished the season with 6 assists and 2 goals. He looks a promising talent, this lad.
Those numbers aren’t special tbh. I do like him though. I don’t think he’s a front 3 player though. I think a top club could either try and convert him to a left-back though, he has the qualities to potentially be a brilliant one if he adapts to it. I also think he could move inside, and be a very good CM on the left of a three.

Robbie Boy

Those numbers aren’t special tbh. I do like him though. I don’t think he’s a front 3 player though. I think a top club could either try and convert him to a left-back though, he has the qualities to potentially be a brilliant one if he adapts to it. I also think he could move inside, and be a very good CM on the left of a three.
Oh don't get me wrong, those numbers aren't anything amazing but not too bad either. He was directly involved in roughly a 5th of Burnley's PL goals.

I agree though that he's an orthodox winger as opposed to playing higher up the pitch in a front three. He's a good crosser and dribbler so possibly a shift to LB down the line would make sense alright.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think that's the disadvantage of playing winger in traditional 442. Giggs also shows some unimpressive numbers but we are all know how he performed and the number could improved if he actually played more advanced.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think that's the disadvantage of playing winger in traditional 442. Giggs also shows some unimpressive numbers but we are all know how he performed and the number could improved if he actually played more advanced.
Took the words straight out my mouth. Giggs' best numbers regards G+A are in 93/94 and 95/96 with 13/7 and 11/9, respectively. To add to that, we were a team who were a lot more attacking than Burnley.

God knows how good he'll be, but you'd imagine he'd certainly get better numbers at a more attacking team.