Dybala or Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Neither will come.
It'll be lingard in that position first game.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Fernandes. Seems more combative and tenacious and as well as being very talented seems to (from reports at least) actually want to come here.

We are, at best, 3rd choice for Dybala.

That being said, I'd love it if we got both.

RonaldoVII

Not seen an awful lot of either of them but Fernandes would be my pick just based on small things. His pressing, workrate, our better track record with Portuguese, player making the step up rather than step across/slightly down etc.

Zed 101

If it is a straight choice Bruno, however is it is a case of spending £70 million or swapping for Lukaku then would take Dybala, I do not see why we should not aim for both though

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Both because 1 has no relation to the other’s status. We were always in for Bruno.

...Lukaku however was never expected to get us a player back in return. It was looking like a cash return this entire summer up until a few days ago when Inter fell short of Lukaku’s evaluation and Juvé swooped in offering Dybala.

Lukaku's money wasn’t going to be used this summer and would have gone straight to the Glazers. Instead, an opportunity presents itself where we can add a player through a player subtraction. And even Ole mentioned this a few times in his most recent pressers/interviews that the team is looking to get 1 or 2 signings done but that number can increase depending on any outgoing players - one of which is Lukaku.

ottosec

I prefer Bruno Fernandes. It's not that I think he's the better player, I just think that he fits us better.

walsh

Definitely can't see us signing two number 10s (based on how they would likely play in Ole's system). Hard one to call, Dybala is the more high profile name but I'm not sure I have a good feeling about him in our team. I feel like there would be less pressure on Bruno.

KW2006

Bruno. Longstaff over Dybala too. And Ben Yedder. Actually I don't think Dybala is a suitable player for us anyway.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Am I the only one who feels its Bruno and not even close? Dybala has been a passanger in most big games and nobody is playing with #10 anymore, Bruno can fit into midfield.

Also, I kind of hope to sell Pogba one day to strengthen 3 or 4 positions, and Bruno can do everything Pogba can.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was expecting every post to say Dybala, but surprised to see so many thinking about what fits as oppose to what's most shiny. I'd love both, but I think we have the bigger need for improving midfield. And I'd prefer someone who is hungry to fight for us.

Would enjoy this though

---------McTom
------Bruno--Pogba
Dybala Rashford Martial

mu4c_20le

Easily Dybala. We aren't going to get a better forward this summer.

Fer

Would you prefer to sign both players OR would you prefer to sign just one + a Right Winger?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would you prefer to sign both players OR would you prefer to sign just one + a Right Winger?
Would prefer to sign Dybala and Maguire and would be happy with that as the summer. If not Dybala, then would prefer a proper holding midfielder.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Dybala of course. He is far more talented, special and proven. Bruno is unknown quality, he looks nothing special to me, apart from the goals he scored in Portugal league, which is of very poor standard.

Hanky panky

Both. But if have to choose one, then... 51-49 Bruno. He told he wants to play in PL. It's his dream, he's motivated. Sounds like Dybala doesn't think same. That's why Bruno.

He'sRaldo

A lot of Bruno's actions don't seem replicable in the Premier League. Dybala's technique won't ever fail him in that regard. IMO Dybala is the surer choice, though Bruno is still quite alright.

Watching Bruno under more intense conditions will shed some light on how his abilities translate; as of now, we haven't had the opportunity to do so.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Want both of them, if it's only one then I would be happy with any of them.

SaintMuppet

Given the choice Bruno would not get in anybody’s 10 most wanted players at OT.

We are only talking about him because we are a bit desperate and are having to shop in the sales atm

Dybala may get in that list as he is a far better known and proven player. If he really will leave Turin he will have numerous suitors and I suspect would only choose us mainly for financial reasons.

United currently needs players who want to be here and are prepared to bleed out in the pitch to prove it. No more passengers please.

If Dybala was motivated he would get my vote. Superior player though limited in where he can play. Bruno seems like he wants it more but can he make the step up or is it another Mikhi/Kagawa scenario?

I’d prefer somebody proven in the league to be honest. I can certainly see why Ole would prefer that.

luke511

It would be typical united of late if we pass on Bruno to sign Dybala, it would be massively disappointing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm a bit skeptical on both but I guess if I were to choose one of the two, it'd be Fernandes even if I haven't been particularly wowed by his highlights, purely out of doubts of Dybala wanting to play for the club.

I also don't feel we'll pull both off. There's what, a week, left for the window to close?

Nakhon Phanom

Hopefully get them both, although both would be a gamble.
Fernandes seems to be more enthusiastic about coming if you believe what the papers say.
And forget about Harry Maguire....Ashley Williams is still to be fixed up with a club! :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm a bit skeptical on both but I guess if I were to choose one of the two, it'd be Fernandes even if I haven't been particularly wowed by his highlights, purely out of doubts of Dybala wanting to play for the club.

I also don't feel we'll pull both off. There's what, a week, left for the window to close?
Expect neither. Then you can't be disappointed.

Bestietom

Fernandes is the one I would prefer as I'm not sure if Dybala would be playing for the badge.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If I had to chose 1, then Fernandes purely that he would fit our team better.

Can play CM/CAM, is hard working and wants to join. Not to mention a great goal/assist record.

We know Dybala's qualities but I feel it'll be another Sanchez situation of forcing him into the side. Then does he even want to play here?

Red Royal

Its August now.... getting desperate...any would do, both would be amazing and we can do without Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.