Dylan Levitt

oskarutd

If I’m not mistaken this is the guy who broke the Filip Stevanovic to United story, who subsequently ended up at the other “Manchester”. I’d be cautious for now and wait for better sources.
He broke it here and was quoting and Serbian journalist who was certain about it.
This time the Croatian press is his source.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I read he had covid and it affected him a lot to get to the side, sometimes players can be a bit unlucky when other players step up too - the same way TFM was unlucky when AWB emerged, or when their manager is a bit of a prick. This moves looks a bit sideways move but maybe he can play all games in mens football and come back stronger for a better loan later on. I wouldn´t write him off just yet, at one point he looked at least on the same level as Garner.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If I’m not mistaken this is the guy who broke the Filip Stevanovic to United story, who subsequently ended up at the other “Manchester”. I’d be cautious for now and wait for better sources.
So you mean he’s probably sort of right except they are signing Bob Dylan and not Dylan Levitt?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wish him luck with the loan. He was terrible when I saw him last week at youth level - looked a million miles from being s first team player.

Threesus

Wish him luck with the loan. He was terrible when I saw him last week at youth level - looked a million miles from being s first team player.
Do we have any players other than Mejbri who look like they are ready for some minutes in the first team?

Glorio

Do we have any players other than Mejbri who look like they are ready for some minutes in the first team?
Puigmal looks decent - I don't think he'll be tearing the place up, but does have a look of a really good, energetic, technically gifted player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe Elanga, but sadly for him he picked up a injury. But hopefully he can get back into contention quickly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Excluding Diallo of course - then no, I wouldn’t say so. As has been said, Puigmal has been very good this season though and could make a case. Then of course there is Garner and Laird on loan, who may be ready for minutes when they return. Otherwise no, nobody else playing in the academy at present looks ready for a United first team to me.

Mickson

Excluding Diallo of course - then no, I wouldn’t say so. As has been said, Puigmal has been very good this season though and could make a case. Then of course there is Garner and Laird on loan, who may be ready for minutes when they return. Otherwise no, nobody else playing in the academy at present looks ready for a United first team to me.
I would rather play Elanga than James if we're chasing a goal at home to Sheffield United.

Ace of Spades

Not a lot. It is difficult to predict who will settle at first team level when jumping from the academy. Some players take a bit of time, some just settle as if it is natural. Also, some 'fans' can be very toxic if a player struggles which can cause more harm than good to the player's confidence.

From the current crop still in the academy, Mejbri, Puigmal and Elanga are probably the ones who could make a appearance or two. Puigmal in particular looks physically ready so hopefully can get an appearance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would rather play Elanga than James if we're chasing a goal at home to Sheffield United.
If that is the metric that we are applying, then there are a few that I’d have in the first team. But even in general, Elanga is probably worthy of a Cup runout perhaps if he returns from injury in the same form.

The club appear to have very high hopes for Shoretire too, so it’s of course feasible to see him potentially in the squad at some point.

Mickson

If that is the metric that we are applying, then there are a few that I’d have in the first team. But even in general, Elanga is probably worthy of a Cup runout perhaps if he returns from injury in the same form.

The club appear to have very high hopes for Shoretire too, so it’s of course feasible to see him potentially in the squad at some point.
That's true.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Peachy getting in on the act.

If football manager's anything to go off, spending even 5 minutes in Croatia will turn him into the next Modric.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I can't even begin to understand how he's ended up there - there must be some inside story behind this, some random agent's connection

KevinJoh

Depending what kind of minutes. If we are talking about some minutes in PL game against rival while tie or 1 up, I don't think that even Mejbri is ready. But if we are talking about Cup match against Championship side, or team like LASK or Astana recently, there are a few that would be OK: Amad, Mejbri, Elanga, Shoretire, Puigmal, Galbraith, Fish, Fernandez...all of them would be OK for some minutes in match like that. Also lads on loan Garner obviously, Mengi, Laird, Pellistri would be OK to even start matches like that.

Unfortunately draw is usually bad for us, so we did not have many games like this, also we are not winning games by 2 or 3 goals margin easily so we can add kids for a few minutes (and with covid we have bubble problem as well). I am pretty sure Mejbri, Amad and Shoretire will get debut till the end of the year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bit of an odd move tbh. Can't see it going well for him long term now even if he performs.

BlahRules

Bit of an odd move tbh. Can't see it going well for him long term now even if he performs.
You never know, Mount played in the Dutch league which allowed him to get more interest from Championship teams.

kundalini

Unused sub in his first 2 games. Istra 1961 are still bottom of the table. 13 League matches left this season.

Last edited:

kundalini

13 mins as a sub in 1-0 away win. 11 League matches left this season. Unused sub in 3 League games and one Cup match. Istra 1961 have won their last 3 matches, taking them up to 8th place out of 10 teams.

Update: after starting in a Cup game against a team from a lower division and getting an assist, Dylan back to being an unused sub in the following League match. 10 League matches left this season.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
13 mins as a sub in 1-0 away win. 11 League matches left this season. Unused sub in 3 League games and one Cup match. Istra 1961 have won their last 3 matches, taking them up to 8th place out of 10 teams.
Istra were in a relegation battle, to be fair, so it's not too surprising to see them not take a chance on Levitt. Hopefully this recent sub appearance means that they're more comfortable with using him. Alaves also took 3 matches to bring Pellistri in, but he's now a guaranteed starter for them.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hopefully he can get regular starts from now until the end of the season, and secure himself a decent loan next season.

kundalini

Started for Wales against Mexico in a friendly. Substituted at half-time. Wales online awarded him 5, the lowest rating of the starting 11. Wales had 24% possession.

April 3rd. Came on as a sub for the last 12 mins against Osijek. Istra 1961 lost 0-2.

April 11th. Came on as a sub for 36 mins against Hajduk Split. Istra 1961 lost 0-1. Now up to 3 sub appearances in the League, 4 unused sub. 1 start + 1 unused sub in the Cup

April 18th. Started against Dinamo Zagreb. Substituted after 63 mins.

April 21st. Came on as a sub for the last 22 mins against Rijeka. Istra 1961 lost 1-2.

April 26th. Started against Varazdin. Substituted after 84 mins. Match drawn 1-1.

May 2nd. Came on as a sub for the last 22 mins against Gorica. Istra 1961 lost 0-2.

Last edited:

Mickson

Still don't know what to make of him. Obviously a talented ballplayer, but doesn't seem to hold his place in mediocre teams like Charlton or NK Istra. That is worrying. On the other hand, he seems to play well for Wales from time to time against decent oppositions.

lysglimt

Scout
Not going to make it at United is my prediction but will have a solid career elsewhere
It will be really hard to break into United in the years to come - as it should be.

If you are a central defender (and we sign Varane or Torres), you basically have to be at the same level as Lindelöf and better than Tuanzebe to have a chance. No way that will happen without several highly successful loan-spells.

As an attacking player you are (probably) up against Sancho, Greenwood, Amad and Rashford + the striker we will sign next season to replace Cavani. That could easily be 3 out of 4-5 attacking players in the England squad in the years to come.

As a left back you are competing with Shaw, as a right-back you are competing with AWB. As an attacking midfielder you could be up against Bruno, Lingard and Pogba.

Central midfield at the moment looks easier, which is good news for Garner.

There are in my opinion 12-14 players with the talent to be good enough to get into the United first-team squad- but realistically, only 4-5 at best will make it. So Iqbal, Galbraith, Garner, Hansen Aarøen, McCann, Hugill, Fish, Mengi, Laird, Hannibal, Elanga, Shoretire etc etc - only 1/3 of these at best will make it at United.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It will be really hard to break into United in the years to come - as it should be.

If you are a central defender (and we sign Varane or Torres), you basically have to be at the same level as Lindelöf and better than Tuanzebe to have a chance. No way that will happen without several highly successful loan-spells.

As an attacking player you are (probably) up against Sancho, Greenwood, Amad and Rashford + the striker we will sign next season to replace Cavani. That could easily be 3 out of 4-5 attacking players in the England squad in the years to come.

As a left back you are competing with Shaw, as a right-back you are competing with AWB. As an attacking midfielder you could be up against Bruno, Lingard and Pogba.

Central midfield at the moment looks easier, which is good news for Garner.

There are in my opinion 12-14 players with the talent to be good enough to get into the United first-team squad- but realistically, only 4-5 at best will make it. So Iqbal, Galbraith, Garner, Hansen Aarøen, McCann, Hugill, Fish, Mengi, Laird, Hannibal, Elanga, Shoretire etc etc - only 1/3 of these at best will make it at United.
2-3 will take their chance at United, this is just the way it is even when we have what fans think is a good batch.