Dylan Levitt

Sid234

Good awareness of space and players around him as he receives the ball, uses it well to help create that extra yard to squeeze out some of those passes

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Good talent but Garner seems to me even tall enough for Mourinho. Let's see how boys develop in the shadow of obvious attacking talents

AP88

Supports
Man City
The quality of these u18s is astonishing, especially in comparison to the turds in the u23s.

Genuine scope for a few of them to threaten the first team within 2/3 years, such seems to be the level.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

The boy knows how to pass a football.
Nice post, cheers. Some lovely passes there and it is actually quite rare to see that at youth level, excluding the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Fletcher and (ahem) David Jones that I can remember.

imayur75

Yeah his passing looks very good. Garner (especially) and Puigmal also played well in that game. Heard that Garner overall is doing good this year. Hopefully this bunch don't get stagnated in U23 like Buffonage, Boonen and some others who played well for U18s in last year or two. Although I would say its hard to predict who will make to 1st team.

NickyT

Defo one of the underrated players of his age group in the academy, surprised this thread isn't full. Whenever I get a chance to watch the 18's he never fails to impress, very good passing technique and close control. Looks like he can develop into a real PL level talent if he works hard for sure.

Congrats to him.

LimerickRed

Been as impressed with Levitt as I have been with Garner

A player like him is what we need in the first team at the moment - so comfortable on the ball, rarely losses it, keeps it moving quickly and an ability for a killer pass too

But ya, very underrated player, him and Garner have been a joy to watch this year

NickyT

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was class last night, one of the best players on the pitch along with Greenwood and Garner. You'll start hearing more and more about him as the seasons goes on, he's very good player.

NickyT

What are your thoughts on his chances of getting a loan move next season (league 1/holland), I think he needs the challenge, his quality and performances this season defo merits some first team action somewhere

NickyT

I think Nicky Butt should look to get him to a team that fits his style or it will be a waste of time
Yeah most definitely, I look at what Chelsea did with Mason Mount, a very similar player, very talented technically, a season in Holland and it really helped build his confidence, even played a part in his England call up earlier this season, so the staff should really look into it. I really think he has the potential to be a United first team player.

khoazany

Unfortunately for him we have too many CMs at the moment in the first team (counting Garner). Deserves to go to summer tour with his form though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks a very classy player whenever i've seen him play. His passing is a joy at times and i'm a big fan of the young lad.

Ekeke

I think his passing technique when it comes to reverse passes and sometimes longer balls stands out from the rest. Obviously a midfielder needs to have more to his game than just making fancy looking passes at times. But if he can continue to develop the rest of his game to a good standard, then that extra quality on some of his passes will take him a level above

Mickson

The new Oliver Norwood. Good player, but not for Man United. Can't really see it. I think even a superior footballer like James Garner will struggle so this is no criticism.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He will have a good career. Yes, could turn out to be Norwood/Drinkwater level rather than elite but the lad can certainly pass the ball.

imayur75

Like how Levitt has developed in last year or so. His passing is exquisite as well his eye for passes are not ordinary. I see Levitt developing into Luka Modric type of player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The new Oliver Norwood. Good player, but not for Man United. Can't really see it. I think even a superior footballer like James Garner will struggle so this is no criticism.
I suspect this is correct. Time will tell though.

NickyT

Looks like he's actually been called up to the Welsh training squad for their upcoming fixtures, I called it lads ;)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Superb news for the lad. Will really help his chances of breaking through at United.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Just put these here from the misc reserve news:

From the MEN:

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs revealed he consulted Nicky Butt when selecting United youngster Dylan Levitt for his Wales squad.

The 18-year-old United midfielder could be in line for his international debut when Wales face Croatia and Hungary after a first senior call-up.

He joins United transfer target Daniel James and Man City's Matt Smith in the 28-man squad, with Giggs revealing the thought process behind selecting Levitt.

"I mean I know more about Dylan because he is at United," revealed Giggs.

"I have spoken to Butt about him a few times, seen him a few times live on TV and in person. He is similar to Matty Smith: he wants to get the ball down, wants to pass, get in different positions. He impressed me last week, and that is why he is in the squad."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../manchester-united-levitt-giggs-butt-16347289

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He looks like he could become a very good midfielder. Him and Garner will completely run the U21's this season. He'll probably do great in the championship next year if we send him out.

Bwuk

Promoted to the Welsh first-team squad again for matches against Azerbaijan and Belarus as a replacement for the injured Aaron Ramsey.
Would be excellent if he can get some minutes, even if off the bench for Wales.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Would be excellent if he can get some minutes, even if off the bench for Wales.
Fantastic experience for him. Step by step.
It'll help him having Dan James in the squad with him, if Wales can get those two on the same wavelength with James's pace and Levitt's ability to spot a pass it can only be good times ahead for Wales, and eventually United.