Gaming E3 2021 | 12th - 15th June | Nintendo wins E3 with new Metroid game and Breath of the Wild 2 announcements

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
A chunk of announcements have apparently been leaked by a fairly reliable leaker: https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...-by-known-reddit-leaker-open-spoilers.440308/

Most of the games seem to be from the Xbox conference but a few names are likely to be in others. A reply to that thread:

I can tell you, from my own sources, that A Plague Tale Requiem is at least correct.

The game will be revealed at Xbox showcase and will be a Day One Gamepass title. It will also launch on Playstation and Switch via cloud version. Release date 2022.

Asobo will also reveal a next-gen remaster of the first Plague Tale game. If you are on Playstation 5 don't purchase it right now as it will be included on the July PSPlus.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Out for a meal at 6pm for my mums birthday so won’t be able to watch the Xbox show - hopefully we’ll get some more information on Starfield.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Out for a meal at 6pm for my mums birthday so won’t be able to watch the Xbox show - hopefully we’ll get some more information on Starfield.
Going anywhere nice? I bet she is gutted she forgot about the Xbox conference isn't she?

Starfield is a weird one. Will be people who want nothing but Fallout/Elder Scrolls in space and others who want something new and innovative. It's one of those games that's been in the development for ages and with hype based on nothing but the studio's pedigree. Think it'll be a bit of a mixed bag reaction.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Going anywhere nice? I bet she is gutted she forgot about the Xbox conference isn't she?

Starfield is a weird one. Will be people who want nothing but Fallout/Elder Scrolls in space and others who want something new and innovative. It's one of those games that's been in the development for ages and with hype based on nothing but the studio's pedigree. Think it'll be a bit of a mixed bag reaction.
I think it'll be mixed too, too many people already have it in their own heads what it's going to be, so when it isn't exactly that, they'll be unhappy.

But then you'll get guys who have been hyping it up for ages, and they'll not lose face when they realise it's not as great as they imagined.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
A plagues tale was a good game that went under the radar somewhat.
Ubisoft yesterday was a disappointment, but I’ve never been huge on their games. Disappointed we didn’t see any skull and bones. Probably have to chalk that off as not happening.

The rockstar+ is somewhat intriguing as I’ve got a guitar here that’s never been played, and the way it was shown seems like a practical way of learning, although I’d never pay a monthly subscription for it

Nickosaur

Very little given away in that Starfield trailer. 11/11/22 launch.

evil_geko

"Xbox exclusive", don't Xbox knows that you can't call it that if the game is coming out on PC too according to some of the PlayStation lads on the Caf. :wenger:

Balljy

I like the look of Stalker 2. The original was amazing, so hopefully they can keep to around that standard. Good trailer too, with lots of gameplay.

Nickosaur

Omg this looks like its from the makers of Limbo/Inside!?!

Somerville - whatever it is it looks fecking great.

b82REZ

Diablo 2 Remaster looks good. Didn't say timed exclusive so I assume that was a universal release date.

Balljy

Plague Tale Requiem is good news. I enjoyed the first one, so looking forward it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That outer worlds trailer was awful. Reminds me why the first one was pretty shite with writing like that.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d never be arsed to play it but Flight Simulator is such a cool piece of technology.

b82REZ

What a great time to be a fan of the xbox :drool:
I'm really hoping there's something that makes me want to buy a Series X before the end of the conference. But anything remotely interesting is a timed exclusive.

Not getting excited about the CG Starfield trailer, but that may be the game that makes me get one eventually.