Music Ed Sheeran

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He's a money making machine, he has an amazing grasp of trends and he only puts out what he knows will work. Music in this day and age is awful, I actually admire his songwriting think he's got real talent but he's just working in an era where to be successful you have to write bland predictable shit. There is a really good musician in there.

Hawks2008

I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke but his music makes my ears bleed. It also doesn't help when a girl I work with plays that shite shape of you song nearly shift.

arthurka

He's a money making machine, he has an amazing grasp of trends and he only puts out what he knows will work. Music in this day and age is awful, I actually admire his songwriting think he's got real talent but he's just working in an era where to be successful you have to write bland predictable shit. There is a really good musician in there.
I agree.. Even if I think most of his stuff is really tacky you can hear that he really knows what he's doing..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I doubt it. It's more likely that his musical tastes and talents align with what is popular rather than a grasp or something as intricate/analytical as that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I doubt it. It's more likely that his musical tastes and talents align with what is popular rather than a grasp or something as intricate/analytical as that.
I think he’s a pretty calculated guy, he knows what’ll be successful and goes with that.

Classical Mechanic

I think he’s a pretty calculated guy, he knows what’ll be successful and goes with that.
I agree with you in one respect. He said when his album came out that ‘Shape of You’ was his song for Radio 1 and ‘Castle on the Hill’ his song for Radio 2. He knows how to maximise his appeal.

He’s a lighthearted uncomplicated person though, not really an artiste or cool kid. Pop is the natural arena for his character, although there are very few pop folk acts about like him so he deserves credit for success with an unusual approach.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Generally this type of music doesn't bother me as it's very easily dismissed and ignored. In Sheeran's case though it has become rather hard to escape the dreck he puts out. Rather sick of him at this point, despite having previously thought he was at least vaguely likeable and inoffensive.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Not s Sheeran fan, but touting for these kind of gigs is an absolute joke and it's about time someone took responsibility for at least trying to put a stop to it.

I know people at work who deliberately buy twice as many tickets as they need so they can sell the extras on for twice as much.

Kudos to the ginger one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44195496

Classical Mechanic

Not s Sheeran fan, but touting for these kind of gigs is an absolute joke and it's about time someone took responsibility for at least trying to put a stop to it.

I know people at work who deliberately buy twice as many tickets as they need so they can sell the extras on for twice as much.

Kudos to the ginger one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44195496
:lol:

Is he really that toxic that you need to clarify that before posting in here!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
:lol:

Is he really that toxic that you need to clarify that before posting in here!
Well yeah. He's insufferable and even managed to ruin an episode of Game of Thrones.

I find him slightly less annoying than James Corden...but at the same time there's loads of artists who've had countless opportunities to take a stand like this, and basically just don't give enough of a feck about people getting ripped off going to THEIR gigs, to do so.

It makes his constant ability to irritate me slightly more forgivable.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I like the fact that in this day and age, it’s still possible to make it big in the music business as a solo artist without looking like a model.

Classical Mechanic

I like the fact that in this day and age, it’s still possible to make it big in the music business as a solo artist without looking like a model.
It's also kind of remarkable that he's hit the top level of music success in 2018 playing pop folk on an acoustic guitar. Firmly against the trend.

InfiniteBoredom

It has always been possible though, off the top of my head, Adele, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell Williams, John Legend etc... Sia literally hides her face.

The physical appeal is only a prohibitive requirement in Asian music industry, especially the Japanese/Korean scene. I’ve never thought of the mainstream Billboard one when it come to this. More like you have to find a niche that resonate with a particular audience.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
There was tons of tickets for Sunday at the Etihad when i checked Thursday and now i can't see any. Can someone else check twickets for my own sanity? Weird how they all disappeared.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's a ginger. That's worse than being bald. I feel slightly sorry for him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44653107

Ed Sheeran is being sued for $100m (£76.4m) for allegedly copying parts of Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On.

It's alleged the singer ripped off sections of the 1973 classic for his number one hit Thinking Out Loud.

Legal documents in the US allege it copies "the melody, rhythms, harmonies, drums, bass line, backing chorus, tempo, syncopation and looping".
Lock the thief up.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dude with a face like that managing to become this famous deserves respect if you ask me. Having said that, I don't know any of his songs apart from the one about the hooker and the one about the Irish fiddle playing girl.

lsd

The Oracle
He's inoffensive I guess . I don't mind his songs certainly don't hate them but I do find they are all very similar and slightly boring.

Classical Mechanic

Dude with a face like that managing to become this famous deserves respect if you ask me. Having said that, I don't know any of his songs apart from the one about the hooker and the one about the Irish fiddle playing girl.
Shape of You is his biggest. Most streamed song on Spotify with 2.2bn listens. Can't say any of his new stuff that I've heard has really impressed me.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's ok. Music is a bit samey but inoffensive and occasionally makes a good song. Far worse out there.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Incredibly talented and his first few albums were great. Nowadays he just takes the safe route. Standard song with a catchy enough lick that it plays on radio, collect the big check , rinse and repeat

Fingeredmouse

Incredibly talented and his first few albums were great. Nowadays he just takes the safe route. Standard song with a catchy enough lick that it plays on radio, collect the big check , rinse and repeat
Totally. His experimental early albums were really pushing the boundaries of anti commercial art.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
It's this "he's a nice guy" stuff that annoys me. How can you KNOW that?

This is a guy who's worryingly obsessed with writing songs about himself...and not songs about stuff that's happened or his experiences, just songs, about himself, and why you should love him. When he performs, he comes out with a guitar, and he plays on is own, and he sings on his own. He doesn't allow anyone else on stage like other solo artists do. He'd rather sit there looping his own guitar, and then looping himself banging on his own guitar to make a drum sound, than have backing performers or artists. He isn't amazingly good at guitar, so it's not part of the act. It's just that he doesn't want anyone on stage performing with him. He stops mid set to point out that "this is all me" to make sure everyone knows no one else is on stage with him.

What does this tell you about whether he's a nice guy or not? He might be...he might be a nice guy who's just horribly insecure about himself despite being a world famous musician, but you don't know him, so you don't know.

I read something on Facebook once called "the 10 most interesting facts about Ed Sheeran"...it was written by someone annoyed at people calling him boring. One of the facts was that his father was an art historian...literally the most boring fact I've ever read about anyone. Another was that he once stole a bottle of peri peri sauce from Nandos. If I did that I wouldn't tell anyone, because it's so pointless and uninteresting. You can get it in any shop for like a pound. He clearly isn't a very interesting person, which is probably partly why he can't write songs about interesting things.

He writes catchy tunes (apparently) and has made a huge success out of it. Fair play, no one can argue that, but stop this nonsense. Stop role modelling people as human beings just because they wrote a song you like. Jackk White wrote some songs I like...he's still a fecking mental bellend
Eternally funny and true.