Ed Woodward 2019 - Until all Arctic ice melts edition

Djemba-Djemba

It's not hard to get great commercial deals when you're representing the biggest club in the most popular league in the world. It's not like he's working for Wigan and getting them sponsorships with Chevrolet and tractor partners and all that shit.

He's taken advantage of the decades of glorious work of Fergie.

It'll be much harder for whoever follows Woodward though, now that we've become this shit boring side that nobody likes. Be more difficult to get noodle partners then I bet.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Please enlighten me with a detailed breakdown of Woodward’s economic achievement and clarify how any qualified person would not achieve similar or surpass what he’s done.

This myth that he’s some sort of financial guru needs to die, he spent 52m on Fred ffs! Keep swallowing the spin he plants with his pr buddies. United are an absolute global machine.
:lol: I’m not going to do that. I don’t have the time, data, or will. But mate, you’re losing your marbles here. There can be a middle ground. Woodward needs to go, for rational reasons. Making preposterous, unfounded statements just makes you look like a mouth frothing loon.

M Bison

Supports
York City
So not like LVG or Jose? who managed in top level and won many things.

I am right? with what ? suggesting LVG or Jose? :lol:
I thought you were suggesting Ole is a good appointment, whereas I don’t.

My preference would be someone who has operated at the top and not someone who is only in position because of his history with the club, no point in naming names but the guy at Spurs would seem the obvious choice.

Kapardin

He's a power hungry cnut. This DoF hunt itself is an eyewash. In the garb of "club culture", he is trying to recruit yes men who won't question him.

Ban

Loved the serious look on him in the stands. Looks like a man who'll get things done.

Just kidding.

SER19

:lol: I’m not going to do that. I don’t have the time, data, or will. But mate, you’re losing your marbles here. There can be a middle ground. Woodward needs to go, for rational reasons. Making preposterous, unfounded statements just makes you look like a mouth frothing loon.
It’s not though. I’ve made a joke in a post (apprentice). That’s all, you’re taking it literally to validate your response. My point remains, there are probably thousands of highly qualified and deeply intelligent people globally that would at least equal what wooodward has financially here. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.

Hawks2008

He's made us the new Milan. Things won't get better as long as he has any power at the club.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
It’s not though. I’ve made a joke in a post (apprentice). That’s all, you’re taking it literally to validate your response. My point remains, there are probably thousands of highly qualified and deeply intelligent people globally that would at least equal what wooodward has financially here. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.
Yes I took what you said literally. Because that’s literally what you said. And without even the slightest hint of humour. I am glad you are veering more towards the side of rational thought. Welcome back.

SER19

Yes I took what you said literally. Because that’s literally what you said. And without even the slightest hint of humour. I am glad you are veering more towards the side of rational thought. Welcome back.
If you think I literally meant that joe the plumber from the apprentice could run united then I look forward to you policing approximately 80 percent of posts on this forum.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
If you think I literally meant that joe the plumber from the apprentice could run united then I look forward to you policing approximately 80 percent of posts on this forum.
This is a valiant effort to wind your neck in. Bravo.

wolvored

The best thing he could do now, (he wont leave), is to announce the dof and structure this week, so we have at least a sliver of light to brighten the gloom

AJ10

I thought you were suggesting Ole is a good appointment, whereas I don’t.

My preference would be someone who has operated at the top and not someone who is only in position because of his history with the club, no point in naming names but the guy at Spurs would seem the obvious choice.
Time will tell whether its a good appointment or not but IMO any manager would struggle here, whether its our previous 2 managers or klopp/pep/alegri/Simone etc. The main issue we have as a club, is our recruitment is a joke. It has nothing to do with hiring the best manager as we did with jose.

(Not using city or pool because they're too good at the moment)

Spurs (they're the best of the bad bunch) have really good first 11 but lack squad depth and we have abundance in squad depth but lack quality. Now, how many of our players would get into that spurs 11? Thats the problem.

Lvg bought crap players and kept our deadwood/Jose bought some crap players and (you guessed it) kept our deadwood then finally both paid the price for keeping trash players. Our Squad is over run with mediocre players who have been here for years and no manager will be able to organise/play a certain style/win titles with these lot, yes... not even saint pep.

So it doesn't matter if its pep or kloop or ole. As long as our recruitment remains as it is then we have no hope for any positive outcome IMO.

I have no interest in getting into poch debate but his run at the moment is 7/11 in prem (or something close to that, with better first 11 minus injured kane) and no disrespect to spurs but they're not operating at the top. He would have been good here with better recruitment process but he would have struggled here just as lvg and jose did, mans not a miracle worker just a good manager.

Castia

The fecking mega-mind.

Great at commercial deals and the money side of the club, absolutely fecking clueless about anything football related.

He’s done a terrible job and should have been moved away from the footballing decisions years ago. How he’s still in charge and infact hiring anybody for the footballing side of things is a mystery, he’s not qualified.

Icemav

My old friend, a Chelsea fan, just referred to us as "mediocre United" and we need a long rebuild. How is he wrong?

Mediocre owners
Medicore CEO
Mediocre manager (btw I 100% support Ole and wish him every success, but he is a very wishful appointment and his hands are tied)
Many mediocre players and mediocre attitudes
.... and of course very mediocre results since Ferguson.

I don't think enough people realise how pontentially stuffed we are.

Yakuza_devils

If we were to sack Ole, no top class Manager will join us now with this trigger happy and clueless CEO.

What an adult Disneyland :rolleyes:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My old friend, a Chelsea fan, just referred to us as "mediocre United" and we need a long rebuild. How is he wrong?

Mediocre owners
Medicore CEO
Mediocre manager (btw I 100% support Ole and wish him every success, but he is a very wishful appointment and his hands are tied)
Many mediocre players and mediocre attitudes
.... and of course very mediocre results since Ferguson.

I don't think enough people realise how pontentially stuffed we are.
Yet they're a year into their new manager, have Hazard very obviously off, every chance of a transfer ban, and only just finished above us.

I'd be more worried in their position to be honest.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Time will tell whether its a good appointment or not but IMO any manager would struggle here, whether its our previous 2 managers or klopp/pep/alegri/Simone etc. The main issue we have as a club, is our recruitment is a joke. It has nothing to do with hiring the best manager as we did with jose.

(Not using city or pool because they're too good at the moment)

Spurs (they're the best of the bad bunch) have really good first 11 but lack squad depth and we have abundance in squad depth but lack quality. Now, how many of our players would get into that spurs 11? Thats the problem.

Lvg bought crap players and kept our deadwood/Jose bought some crap players and (you guessed it) kept our deadwood then finally both paid the price for keeping trash players. Our Squad is over run with mediocre players who have been here for years and no manager will be able to organise/play a certain style/win titles with these lot, yes... not even saint pep.

So it doesn't matter if its pep or kloop or ole. As long as our recruitment remains as it is then we have no hope for any positive outcome IMO.

I have no interest in getting into poch debate but his run at the moment is 7/11 in prem (or something close to that, with better first 11 minus injured kane) and no disrespect to spurs but they're not operating at the top. He would have been good here with better recruitment process but he would have struggled here just as lvg and jose did, mans not a miracle worker just a good manager.
Likewise, don't want to get into the Poch debate because its pointless now, but similarly and whilst i agree to an extent that our starting 11 isn't that of a title winner, its certainly better than its showing.

Would a Pep etc turn the team we have into a championship winning team? Not in my view.

Would he be able to get more out of the team than is currently the case? Without a shadow of a doubt.

Giggsyking

He is not the only person to blamed, he and the fecking Glazers should feck off.

Icemav

Yet they're a year into their new manager, have Hazard very obviously off, every chance of a transfer ban, and only just finished above us.

I'd be more worried in their position to be honest.
Its not about comparing us to Chelsea its about recognizing the obvious. We are in big big trouble. We need a huge rebuild with shite owners, a terrible footballing CEO, and a woefully inexperienced manager. Get ready for chaos or miracles. Most likely the former.

fallengt

He should get bed & pharmacy sponsors next. Watching United nowadays is a cure for insomnia.
Noodle is so yesterday. Gotta think ahead of time.

el3mel

Enough of him just leaving football matters etc. Any competent club and he would be sacked from his CEO job. He gets too much credit for bringing sponsors as if it's something out of this world.

His period as a CEO has been an absolute disaster from all perspectives.