Ed Woodward 2019 - Until all Arctic ice melts edition

astracrazy

Other teams have been improving there team which finished last season but we are yet to do that. All we have done this summer is improve the areas which needed improving last summer.

We are basically a year behind where we need to be. This summer we should be pushing on with another two signings at least (cm and st).

Ban

It's why I'm half hoping we fall out of the CL again and the Adidas money takes a hit.

If that doesn't get Woodward fired, nothing will.
This. Maybe just maybe that will be a kick that will change something finally.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Where are the Glazer lieutenants now? Normally when I'm reading this thread there are 2-3 posters clogging everything with their "you don't understand finance" crap.

Eric's Seagull

If he comes back complaining about running out of time it needs to be rammed home to him that it was he who dicked around all summer going on holiday and deliberately wasting time.

He basically thinks the entire fan base are a bunch of insignificant worthless morons.
Agree with your whole post especially the part in bold. Woody has had 12 weeks and we've still not done our business adequately. Fecking shambles. I think he fed us the line "we are only working on one transfer at a time" so he could buy himself sometime for this sh!te show to happen.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What in the absolute feck is going on. I'm normally a very calm and considerate individual who only has four or five fights a day but now I'm ready to rampage on this deflated balloon faced cnut.

Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku gone. Replaced with absolutely feck all.

Woodward couldn't build a fecking Lego tower made of two blocks with a big feck off diagram stapled to his cock for reference so why in the absolute cnuting feck is he allowed year after year to be the top of the pile when it comes to our footballing operations? Chief Executive Officer? More like Prick.

I don't mean to swear anymore so I'll try and control my language at the end here incase the kiddy winks are on the Caf today. But he is an absolute See You Next cnuting Tuesday.

Dolf

It's why I'm half hoping we fall out of the CL again and the Adidas money takes a hit.

Nothing will get Woodward fired. The Glazers and Woodward are one. If we want to get rid of him we need a new owner.

caid

I'm done watching us till he's gone. I'll find an italian or german team to watch for the season.

marktan

Is it really surprising that an ex JP Morgan banker who was in charge of saddling is with £600m of debt continues to leech off of us? Probably leeched his way into JP Morgan, leeched his way into United, and realised he can do whatever the feck he wants with impunity and so really he can spend £5 for all he cares as long as the Glazers are happy

Last edited:

R'hllor

Didnt Evra said that Ed told him not speak to his DoF with that tone or something.

pseudo_canadian

Comically run football club. We’re a Pogba injury away from battling to stay in the top 10. Solid business this summer Ed, you useless cocksucker.

space

For the first time feeling hopeless as a fan... just can't see any silver lining. No director of football, Glazers still bleeding us dry, an injury away from 17-18 year olds being the main players..

All our rivals improving..

A loss to Chelsea at home and I don't know what will happen, so many fans are broken

Praying for a miracle from the youngsters

We need an rvn

This. Maybe just maybe that will be a kick that will change something finally.
I keep saying to myself, surely the glazers can see he's not competent with regards to transfers and they'll change it this year...but no. Perhaps I agree it will only take such a situation before the glazers will act.

SirAF

Ageist
I keep saying to myself, surely the glazers can see he's not competent with regards to transfers and they'll change it this year...but no. Perhaps I agree it will only take such a situation before the glazers will act.
The Glazers don’t care! They are in it for the money, and United will continue to rake it in for the foreseeable future regardless of what happens on the pitch.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
As a CEO his job is to run this business and that he is doing. Making money for the owners is his primary goal.
Again, he is also the one who buys and sells players. So he is responsible for who we buy and not. Whether he is good at brining in commercial deals is just one part

Tel074

As a season ticket holder at United I can honestly see huge protests this season . I'm not looking forward to taking my boy there this season because I think its going to become toxic .

We haven't a cat in hell's chance of finishing top 4 and I could see a argument about top 6 .

We have zero quality in midfield and our one bit of quality hardly ever shines. We have flogged our main srriker and replaced him with a 17 year old from the youths .

Fair enough our defence looks better but a defence is only as good as what's in front of it and that is complete and utter dog shite.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
fecking disgrace. Woodward and glazers are scum and Ole has no spine.

Sell Herrera and fellaini - bring in nobody
Sell Lukaku who is our main goal scoring threat - buy no attacker.

Couldn’t give a crap about the season already, it’s over before it’s begun it’ll be the Same old crap as previous seasons potentially even worse.

arthurka

Then he should hire someone to deal with football stuff.
If this was a football club yes but it is a company and the goal is to make money so having non makes sense.

But 68,5 points on avarage since he took over, feck me..

Art Vandelay

He's royally shafted Ole like he did Mourinho last summer. This squad will struggle for top 4 with our midfield and attack. We're now stuck hoping that a bunch of kids step up, Pogba finds some sort of consistent form, Sanchez rediscovers his form, Martial can be arsed and Rashford suddenly matures.

AneRu

If this was a football club yes but it is a company and the goal is to make money so having non makes sense.
But you can do both, these things are hardly mutually exclusive. A lot of the money we have spent has been spent poorly and if we had been more effective with that spending we would most likely have won another PL or CL from the day we sacked Moyes. The most important thing in running a club is identifying the right manager followed by identifying and securing the players that match that manager's philosophy. Picking Van Gaal ahead of Pochettino back then seems to have been a monumental blunder in hindsight but one would argue that if it was Michael Zorc, for example, doing the picking would he be so shortsighted and lack the imagination to see what Pochettino could become? We have made bad decision after bad decision because we don't have any football intelligence at Board room level. Woodward is at fault for not recognizing that skills gap with the management and the Glazers are at fault for indulging him to continue with a failing model.

bdspeedy

Eddie asleep at the wheel as usual. I won't spend A CENT on anything United related this year. The team has become an ATM
for its billionaire owners. Disgraceful, but unless it hit's them FINANCIALLY, it will NEVER change.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

If the transfer budget really was £100m this summer, then if Lukaku and Rojo go through then Ed will have saved more than enough cash to cover the reduction of the Adidas money next season.

Lynty

fecking disgrace. Woodward and glazers are scum and Ole has no spine.

Sell Herrera and fellaini - bring in nobody
Sell Lukaku who is our main goal scoring threat - buy no attacker.

Couldn’t give a crap about the season already, it’s over before it’s begun it’ll be the Same old crap as previous seasons potentially even worse.
Ole is spineless for wanting to do his dream job? Ok

el3mel

Who thought that Arsenal and Spurs having will be having stronger lineups than us ?

We're better defensively but in midfield and attack they're far more solid.

Currently us and Chelsea are the worst picks among the top 6, and under the only 2 inexperienced managers as well.

Last edited:

DSG

Where are the Glazer lieutenants now? Normally when I'm reading this thread there are 2-3 posters clogging everything with their "you don't understand finance" crap.
Right here. You don’t understand finance.

Seriously though, as a fan, I’m disappointed. As a businessman, the writing is on the wall. They were never going to spend 300m in this transfer window.

podurban2

I’d hope he comes out in the media and tells us how we can do things in the market that no other team can.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All the excuses from Ole last season about the players not being good enough and some needing to leave and what do we get? 2 first teamers and a prospect with no departures except our 2nd top goal scorer.

fecking pathetic from that cnut Woodward. Hope the match going fans make his life hell.
One of his biggest gripes, like every other new manager at a club, was that they weren't fit enough. We will get to see if they are now. If they aren't I am not sure what he can say. Although he has got rid of the biggest culprit of lack of fitness, so that might help.