Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Because it works on certain people. There are now average fans regurgitating how he was 'the main point of contact' for the Sancho transfer and thinking that equates to 'instrumental' or 'heavily involved' and therefore 'Good job, Ed'.
and many of those people say "it was nothing to do with him, he's the chief exec," when deals get f@cked up

hungrywing

Credible journalists have said it. Last year our contact with Dortmund was through Sancho’s agent and a third party. This year Woodward literally picked up the phone and spoke to the Dortmund chairman to iron our differences. Hence, the conditions of the transfer were being negotiated but the outcome was never in doubt.

Although I don’t necessarily give him any extra credits. It is his job to do that.
Talk about a case in point. That he was the 'main point of contact' isn't in dispute. It's immaterial to the point being made - which was that being 'the main point of contact' does not necessarily mean that the person was involved in the negotiations and that the PR team likely has/had no trouble using the average fan's ignorance of this fact to their advantage, so to speak - hence 'credible journalists have said it' doesn't even belong in the conversation.

432JuanMata

To be fair Rio has released a vid about Cristiano, in which he is singing Woodies praises. Maybe he was the good guy all along……
He’s good as in a marketing genius and a muppet in the transfer market but some of his decisions have been baffling and I’m glad he’s gone

Stacks

To be fair Rio has released a vid about Cristiano, in which he is singing Woodies praises. Maybe he was the good guy all along……
Yeah. No one is perfect. We spent less than Arsenal and look at the difference
He’s good as in a marketing genius and a muppet in the transfer market but some of his decisions have been baffling and I’m glad he’s gone
He hasn't gone yet and was key in this window. He has redeemed himself

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I'm loving that Ronaldo is coming home, but Woodward making a flashy late signing without addressing the gaping hole in the midfield is classic Woodward.

clarkydaz

I'm loving that Ronaldo is coming home, but Woodward making a flashy late signing without addressing the gaping hole in the midfield is classic Woodward.
No money for any more players we were told. But Ronaldo can be signed in 24 hrs

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There has to be a player available who we want.

Nights

Ronaldo’s transfer fee is minuscule and will be paid over 5 years. Any of our preferred CM targets are likely to cost a fortune and/or not available currently and I suspect Ole wants to be part of the Haaland sweepstakes which will take extraordinary amounts of money to pull off.

Nicolarra90

Ronaldo’s transfer fee is minuscule and will be paid over 5 years. Any of our preferred CM targets are likely to cost a fortune and/or not available currently and I suspect Ole wants to be part of the Haaland sweepstakes which will take extraordinary amounts of money to pull off.
It will be paid in 5 hours after launching the 7 shirt for sale

Steve 007

Best window we’ve had in years. Did anyone really think we’d get a whole new squad. Yes a midfielder would be the cream on top, but let’s remember we are a business, like every other football club the pandemic has hit us.

BarstoolProphet

Can't compare Ronaldo transfer to other possible transfers. Ronaldo brings a huge commercial opportunity/revenue with him, meaning they probably found it very easy to sanction that deal as it wasn't only with a view on the sporting side.

Stacks

see below
Best window we’ve had in years. Did anyone really think we’d get a whole new squad. Yes a midfielder would be the cream on top, but let’s remember we are a business, like every other football club the pandemic has hit us.
People have unrealistic expectations. We badly needed a Right hand side, top CF, top CB and another midfielder and we have addressed 3 of them in one window. That's exceptional.