Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

romufc

So he should of been sacked after 3 months of caretaker manager despite making up 11 + pts on the teams infront after picking up Jose mess?
The fact we finished 3rd should demontrate why it is silly to sack managers after every bad result

just seems childish.
Its not after every bad result, I have been backing Ole. I made the same excuses, he had crap players, injuries etc last season and managed to get us 3rd.. well done to him.

This season, we have played well in 2 games. Thats all. Is that good enough ? I am struggling to see any positives under Ole at the moment footballing wise.

He has done a good job off the pitch.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Conte won the league the season before...

First - the end of the season he got appointed where he bottled top 4
2nd - Poor start to last season - hence why he played Pogba in a league cup game to save his job
3rd - After West Ham away - terrible
4th - Just before xmas when we won games against City and Spurs
5th - After Burnley
6th- After Spurs

I have been backing Ole for a while now, the Arsenal game was the turning point for me.

There is one thing that we can be sure of, Ole cannot put more than 4 wins in a row.
Sorry but ole didnt bottle top 4, that was almost entirely down to de gea repeatedly fecking up, and pogba reverting to type after a good couple of months.

romufc

Firstly you are one man and that is one mans opinion. Secondly, we've gone on runs under Ole. People need to calm down. The start to the seasons been poor but we can't change that now. The players are BETTER then they've shown and have to take responsibility. Even if we look at Chelsea and Arsenal games alone.....we had the best chance and if we score that we win the game. We could and should have played stronger.....that''s true. Against Arsenal, they were better but again we should have held on. We're talking fine margins. So the team NEED to get angry and they better had. That is their job. If they walk to have no passion or fight, they can give their money to the poor and needy. They gotta remember who they represent.
Firstly, I agree I am one man, never have I claimed to be multiple men.

Secondly, when was the last time we went on a 4 game PL winning run?

Arsenal had a penalty, so how did we have the best chance of scoring? You are picking 1 chance in both games, is that what Manutd has come to?

One thing that is sure, we are tactically very poor and there is 2 templates how to beat us... you don't even need to play well to execute it.

croadyman

This clown should not be appointing the next manager but we all know that he is those yankee leeches golden boy so he won't be going anywhere so like people have said the rinse and repeat cycle could well be in operation again sometime this season

Giggs' right foot

Worst thing about this current league crisis is that the camera at least three times a game focusses on the mug of Ed fecking Woodward.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Don't see much talk about Eddy boy here.

If we accept that Ole has failed as well as LVG and Mou what does this say about the man in charge of transfers and hiring managers.

If Mourinho is back to his best then why couldn't he do that at United?

If we accept that Ole has failed as well as LVG and Mou what does this say about the man in charge of transfers and hiring managers.

We all know Ed has done a poor job, the choice of managers ultimately falls on him.

I doubt Mourinho will do better than a couple of trophies and a 2nd place finish at Spurs in all honesty.

El Zoido

We all know Ed has done a poor job, the choice of managers ultimately falls on him.

I doubt Mourinho will do better than a couple of trophies and a 2nd place finish at Spurs in all honesty.
If Son and Kane stay fit all season (unlikely), they’re very real title contenders. Maybe Jose was right.

RooneyLegend

He's overstayed his welcome. Time for him to go. We'll never compete with a boss who consistently makes the wrong decision. There's no way a mega club can be as dreadful as we've been since 2013 and only have had 4 coaches during that spell.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's overstayed his welcome. Time for him to go. We'll never compete with a boss who consistently makes the wrong decision. There's no way a mega club can be as dreadful as we've been since 2013 and only have had 4 coaches during that spell.
Exactly people clamour for a new manager but how successful can be when he's hamstrung by a weak and ineffective board?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

People live in a vacuum of "United and everyone else" and Spurs have been much, much better run than us in the last decade. Levy might be a tight arse, but the squad they've built and maintained during their stadium construction has been very impressive.

We have spent over 800 million euros since Fergie retired and besides a few notable exceptions like Bruno, most of our incoming transfers have been way overpriced, while we have sold off players for peanuts. We've handed out golden contracts to players who dont deserve them, spent a feckload on wages and at the same time kept renewing the contracts of duds to "protect our assets" because some idiots upstairs have convinced themselves that someone is going to pay us handsomely for the likes of Lindgard and Phil Jones if we wait long enough. As if those two jokers were two bottles of wine.

Why do we have 4 fecking keepers? Why did we scramble on the last day of the window to get some signings in? We're a ramshackle organization thats being held together by our history and status only. Managers at this club is left with massive amounts of responsibility and get very little help or support

The academy seems to be producing some good talent, but our scouting network above that age seems to be completely ineffective. When was the last time we bought a truly good 17-19 year old? Seems like ages

Dont get me wrong, we have 16-18 players who are decent enough and i think Ole deserves to keep his head for now, but that still does not change the fact that we are a complete mess and have been for a long time.

romufc

Ed Woodward is a mess, its as simple as that.

We buy over priced players, on Woodward.
We have no plan - on Woodward. Hire a DOF was on the agenda, then Ole done well and everything got scrapped and Ole got the job which he shouldn't have.
Pogba issues - On Woodward, if he wants to leave, sell him stop trying to keep him and hold the club back.
Transfers - Spend 2 months trying to get Sancho but cannot see deficiencies in the team.

He has no clue what he is doing. He just reacts, which has not filtered down to the team.

From top to bottom we are reactionary.

Ralph1386

I may be Ole out but Woodward needs to go first. Unfortunately, it’s wishful thinking.

Dr. StrangeHate

The biggest gripe I have with him now is his target setting for managers. If you tell a manager that he needs to get Top 4 to keep his job, it makes sense for Ole to play for draws against the big teams. Ole after all wouldn't want to let go of the most lucrative job he is ever going to get. That is only natural.

If this idiot would tell managers, genuine title challenge or you are out; does anyone think Ole will play for draws against the big teams in that case?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is the biggest evidence of the Glazer's ambitions for this club. If the Glazers don't think he's been anything but a failure, then the difference between what fans and the owners regard as success is bigger than what any of us thought.

M Bison

Supports
York City
With the news of Caicedo, along with Diallo and Pellestri, not to mention what a shrewd signing Cavani looks to be along with the decision to stand firm on sancho and his form dropping, it does feel as though Ed and co have got hold of things and we’re heading in a decent direction.

That’s obviously against a backdrop of a recent run of form but hopefully the current direction of travel will continue...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Here we go. This will be building up now till the end of the summer again. If there are club decisions you haven’t enjoyed over the years its not Woodward who holds the purse strings. he can probably make a stronger case for a certain player for the manager but if we end up doing the bare minimum or less it’ll be a decision the glazers make. Ed is the best paid fall guy in the world, at this stage he’s practically a stunt man.

Roboc7

He’ll be panicking soon, top four looked a certainty, no need to question manager but far from that now. Would Ole go even if don’t make top 4 with no clue about who to replace him?.

always_hoping

TikTok achieved the fastest growing following of any football club on the platform. Christ on bike!

Will be great day when Woody and the Glazers are no longer at this club.

Robindinho

Forget challenging for trophies guys, the women’s team Instagram page has more followers than some premier league teams.

...:(

always_hoping

Forget challenging for trophies guys, the women’s team Instagram page has more followers than some premier league teams.

...:(
Was the Glazers decision to appoint their buddy Woody in the position of having the final call on transfers, player contracts plus its him that sacks and appoints managers. The owners and their chief executive interest is elsewhere and let's be honest they have no real ambition for United to win trophies.

Water Melon

The debt is growing, we are yet to challenge for any major trophy. What has this club been turned into. I doubt it would be worse if Glazers were die hard City fans, while Woody turned out to be a fanatic scouser. Unbelievable and unforgivable.