Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

DON’T PANIC ™

After today’s debacle, we’ll be paying top dollar if we do try to sign anyone else. Clubs will know we’re in desperate need of strengthening.
Another reason to get transfers done before season actually starts. Well done Ed!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's only in the job because he helped that family of garden gnomes nab our club.

Rolaholic

After today’s debacle, we’ll be paying top dollar if we do try to sign anyone else. Clubs will know we’re in desperate need of strengthening.
Another reason to get transfers done before season actually starts. Well done Ed!
Exactly and most big clubs try to do just that but we're unfortunately easily the worst run one of the lot and hardly seem to learn from past mistakes

Al Capone

:lol: what does that even mean?
Mate if you only knew :lol: it is the single most painful ordeal you could inflict on a heterosexual male. But I'd take it over watching Eddie and Ole eff us and wipe their manhoods on our faces on the way out as a proper insult!

Al Capone

Lovely tagline I say
I'll add it mate, if only for the fun of it, Eddie and Babyface couldn't ruin my weekend any more than a ragman could ruin my A'hole! Ud rather watch your wife being cuckolded than what we endured yesterday. That was just limp and lifeless all over, like Eddies career as a director of football the w'stain!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Do we know the cnut's background? Maybe he's a closet City/Liverpool fan living his dream of dismantling United.

I hate him so much.

Bwuk

Would love a couple of our ex players to come out and be honest like Rio.

Woodwards a tit. I bet the other top club CEOs all take the piss out of him.

Red Stone

I remember when RVP signed for Fenerbahce he was praising the way Woodward had handled his departure from the club, but it always seemed to me like his words were dripping with sarcasm. Hearing this from Rio absolutely strenghtens that impression.

Woodward just seems like a complete tool, all the way through.

Giggs' right foot

Re. that Rio-video: Wow. fecking wow. Exactly what Evra told in a similar interview.

It’s probably somewhere in this thread but anyway:

Before the end of that season Ed told me: 'Patrice, you're going to stay for another year because we've got an option in your contract, but I told him I needed to leave because of family reasons. He shook my hand and said he understood.

Then in May I was having dinner in Dubai on my birthday and had a text from my agent. He told me to go somewhere quiet and sent me a message with the statement from United saying they were pleased to renew my contract for another year. I went mad, I was really disappointed.

I called Ed and swore on the phone, even threatened him. He said I couldn't talk to the director of football like that and that he was going to fine me. After that Ryan Giggs called and said I couldn't leave just because of one man, but it gave me an excuse to leave. I'd already said to my wife we were going to leave, but inside I didn't ever really feel I could. That gave me a little push.

Some people won't understand why Ed did it but I understand," Evra added. "Of the senior players I was the only one he wanted to keep - even David Moyes had said it before he got sacked. They said to [Rio] Ferdinand and [Nemanja] Vidic, we don't need you anymore, but in the dressing room you need a character. I understood Ed, but I didn't understand why he betrayed me. He should've called me to explain.”

He seems incompetent and bereft of decency and professionalism. “You can’t talk to the director of football like that. I will fine you.” - fecking prick. The parade we will be able to throw once he’s gone, will beat all City’s title-parades put together.

sp_107

Today’s Man UTD loss To Crystal Palace was atrocious but how much can we blame Woodward for it ? All 3 goals and nearly all of Palace’s chances were due to defensive errors. The common theme was Lindelof and any other could have been better.How Lindelof is faking being a Center half when he can barely head a ball is a scam that needs investigation.

We can talk Sancho all day long but if Wan-Bissaka/Fosu-Mensah/Shaw/Williams aren’t a threat out wide the way that Trent Alexander-Arnold or Andy Robertson are then there’s no reason for the opposition fullbacks to come meet them, which cuts out the attacking threat.

How poor they play, Ole is scared to make changes as he knew we have highly paid drama queens and egoistic players dont like to be squad players, Pogba/Bruno/Rashford/DDG/Lindelof always starts even they dont play well, I accept we dont have depth but still Ole can try different things

Pogba constantly losing the ball in midfield to a Palace midfielder and someone will still try and call him World Class. Paul Pogba is a spoilt footballer that has asked to move away for 3 years and Utd still pick him. Never rated McTominay and he had a bad game too but he was by far MUFC’s decent midfielder against Palace.

Zaha/Ayew/Townsend front THREE looks better than us.

The real United culprit is the shadow of Marcus Rashford. He is an attacker that no longer attacks. A winger that doesn’t cross, a forward that doesn’t move forwards. He looks beyond disinterested.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You always know it's curtains on the pitch when they start filming him looking glum in the crowd.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Do we know the cnut's background? Maybe he's a closet City/Liverpool fan living his dream of dismantling United.

I hate him so much.
Think his family are United fans. I read somewhere his grandad was at the 68 European cup final.

United Hobbit

Is it wrong that I'm watching the Sunderland documentary and seeing similarities in how they are run and how we are. Obviously not as bad as them but I'm seeing more similarities to them than City and Tottenham....

We're now onto them needing to get players off the wage bill to free up money for signing. How familiar! Yet someone like Jones was given a new contract

Last edited:

Bwuk

Buying a bigger house with all the savings he’s made us

Crustanoid

Maybe he’s been poached by City or Liverpool like Kenyon was by the Renties?

Crustanoid

I guess this will be trending on Twitter and will boost the social media metrics thus creating more bonuses for him

hobbers

You see from those Rio and Evra stories exactly how much garbage the media was talking when they were putting their names forward as potential DOFs.

As if either of them would countenance working directly under Woodward. I know Evra has said he'd like to be involved in a role at the club like that but "now is not the right time" for various reasons, obviously one of those reasons is Woodward's presence.

MiracleInMadrid

Can't believe how quickly my feeling about where the club is going is changing. Before this transfer window I thought that with a third place in the league and CL coming up, we were gonna do something serious on the transfer market to keep momentum and push forward. I thought that after Ole almost demonstrative refused to use fringe players such as Jones, Lingard, Dalot etc., the club were finally going to do the right thing and offload them. Smalling was having a great spell in Italy and was finally looking like a proper target for other clubs. The Sancho deal was the absolute perfect transfer for us, and almost every story in the media was painting the picture of it happening.

Now we are so far in the transfer window, that even if we suddenly decide to splash the cash it may be too late with the leagues up and running again and little time for the selling clubs to find replacements for the players we want to buy. Sanchez apart, we haven't managed to offload any of the deadwood who have been hanging around the club for ages while contributing with absolutely nothing while on high wages. The Sancho deal is more or less dead, and we haven't even managed to buy a backup for left back, which has been a glaring need for every single person watching our last 5-10 matches in the last season.

In addition, a player who on more than one occasion has stated his disinterest in staying at the club, while also displaying no where near enough of the right attitude on the field for a player of his position and salary at the club. Now we are left with a Pogba on massive wages without any sign of getting rid of him without taking a massive loss on him. I'm not undermining that he is one of few players who can create chances out of the blue, and that there is some sort of world class player in there. But we have now tried under several managers and in several tactical constructions, and it just doesn't work. He is not a player to build a new and hungry squad around. He is not a leader, and doesn't hold a high enough standard throughout games. His level can go from sky high to terrible in the matter of a half. We now have a number of options for his position and would benefit far more from giving his spot in the squad to a long term replacement for Matic.

I've only listed a tiny part of some of the most obvious problems with how the team is managed, but they all point specifically at how the club is run by levels just above Ole. The decisions and the process we seem to follow when try to solve a problem in the squad must be revised. I agree with the sentiment, that the players we have gotten under Ole more or less all seem like a step in the right direction, but this window has been an absolute howler of a window so far, while almost the entire top 10 in the league has strengthened their teams.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
evras video on instagram really exposed a lot. Sounds like Martt Judge is the true ignoramus

spiriticon

I didn't want to put too much blame on him at first but he really is one of the worst executives of a top club there ever has been.

He's tight when he should splash the cash (Sancho) and he splashes the cash when he should be tight (Motherfecking crazy contract renewals for squad players, Sanchez). What's worse? He comes across as a man so untrustworthy you wouldn't sell a virus to him. His 'negotiation tactics' just stink of undercutting and playing the field. He's so bad at this transfer malarkey I'm surprised we haven't been quoted £200 million by Dortmund as a polite way of telling us to feck off.

He just hasn't got a scooby and he's had 7 years in this job.