Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt10000

Have a day off you melt. He had a few fireworks set off in his garden. Better get the armed guards in. Even if they were caught they'd get a smack on the wrist for it at worst.
How would your children feel if they looked out of their bedroom window and saw a gang throwing fireworks, flares etc. at your house.

Try and use your brain and imagine if you have one

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Wow, as it was not Ed who started anything, it was the "man who won us the treble" that has us where we are and with the owners we have when he thought, a football manager could go to war with our two major shareholders and billionaires and win :lol:, now thats ego at it finest.

Fact is, no one person is to blame for the mess we are in, as everyone from Fergie to gill (05) onwards has us where we are and all have a part in the mess we are in, whether its messed us transfers, wrong manager, no value in the transfer market bs, refusal to pay an agent an extra few quid,toeing the party line etc, its not just Woodward's fault.
So you really think that M&M wouldn't have sold their shares if it wasn't for their private spat with Sir Alex? Sure it was highly unethical for an employee to conduct non job related business with two major shareholders, which in turn lead to non football related argument that was lead too far. But its not Sir Alex's fault that the Glazers bought Manchester United. United fans were let down by ruthless business men who made a kill by selling their shares/buying Man united at the right time and by a poor regulatory system that allowed all of this to happen.

KristianMackle

Always a group of extremists who are always willing to take things to next level. This is a bad look for the club

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wow, worst thread I’ve seen in a long time. Personally think some bans are in order for anyone condoning this attack.

Acquire Me

Do people actually believe this is not a stunt from Ed's new PR firm which is also co-owned by The Sun's Neil Ashton?
Yeah I really don’t believe that. We are in the shit at the moment, but we are not into criminal activities ffs :lol:

JB7

How would your children feel if they looked out of their bedroom window and saw a gang throwing fireworks, flares etc. at your house.

Would have been a pretty major shock if his kids were looking out of their window considering they live 200 odd miles away.

matt10000

The only idiot is you making out to be something far worse than it was you plank. I said it was out of order and going too far straight away as I heard the news last night. It is. It's just stupidity. But it sounds like the worse thing to happen was a bit of graffiti and a few flares going out on a front driveway behind a secure gate. Thousands of things happen that are far worse on a daily basis in this country. You sound like a proper snowflake.
You won’t mind then if a gang spray paint your house and throw fireworks at your kids windows while you kids sleep in bed, after all there are far worse things that happen on a daily basis in this country!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

I have never once said it was not wrong. It was out of order and totally the wrong way to protest. Look back at all my comments. I just laugh at how people are treating it like a siege. Blowing it way out of proportion.

Also his wife and kids live in his other house in London don't they?

Steven-UK

Let's face it, we have always had a lot of idiotic, and cretinous fans, the same as most clubs. The difference with United is many now feel entitled to success, and take their football a little too seriously, almost like life or death due to the fact that they are probably lacking in other areas of their lives, or Daddy didn't pay them enough attention, but they have fists and can 'throw things' for attention.

Such undesirables just need a 'reason' to act out, and on this occasion, it's football. Years ago it was the riots in Manchester. Imbeciles, and those lacking emotional intelligence just need a reason to 'act out', and there are more amongst us that we realise, or like to admit.

SteveTheRed

Genuinely sad to read a number of United fans condoning this, the number is a lot higher than I expected.

There are ways and means to protest and this is way beyond line. Even some of the chants are ridiculous.

Acquire Me

This thread is the best argument for why The Caf has become a really toxic place. Admins wake up or at least consider me buying the site. Needs cleaning.

matt10000

Would have been a pretty major shock if his kids were looking out of their window considering they live 200 odd miles away.
Oh yes because kids never visit their parents and grandkids never stay at their grandparents house!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hahahaha. The outraged will be all over you for that comment.

TheReligion

Abusive
This thread is the best argument for why The Caf has become a really toxic place. Admins wake up or at least consider me buying the site. Needs cleaning.
To be fair they have there work cut out at the moment. I do agree though some mass bannings are needed and justified if we want to get the quality back into the United forum. I don't think the newbie system works either tbh along with the increase in oppo fans who are here for piss taking purposes.

Roux

I have never once said it was not wrong. It was out of order and totally the wrong way to protest. Look back at all my comments. I just laugh at how people are treating it like a siege. Blowing it way out of proportion.

i honestly haven't seen many people that have blown it out of proposition - most people have posted a quite sensible reaction to something like this. Your comments speak volumes about you as a person, and people are rightly calling you out.

Where his wife and kids are is irrelevant - this was done to intimidate.

matt10000

I don’t know where they live and I doubt whoever did it does and even if they did, they could not be sure the kids/grandkids weren’t visiting - it happens!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Some really weird and thick people in this thread.

No matter what you think of Woodward in terms of football there is absolutely no reason for people in balaclavas to be turning up outside his home or one of his properties and causing distressing and violent behaviour, even if it is just a flare. People take football far too bloody seriously and forget about the personal boundaries outside of the football bubble. People labelling it as 'not disgusting' - have a word. Just because his family and he wasn't there, how were those responsible meant to know that? They didn't. They probably would have preferred he was there and it's about the principle. There could have been family including children within the property and the emotional damage of something like this happening because a couple of cnuty 'fans' aren't happy with the job their father is doing is very much 'disgusting'. They're lucky there was nobody in the property at the time otherwise this could have been a lot worse.

There is a correct way of directing anger and disdain of someone and this isn't it. Neither are chants calling for physical harm to a person.

I feel sorry a bit for Woodward. He's doing a job which is a high profile yet still normal job in the real world yet he's doing it in the football bubble so every little decision he makes is going to be scrutinised or analysed to an extreme level purely for the industry which he is in. He's clearly doing a poor job in regards to the fans opinion but in the eyes of his employers he is doing well hence why they are keeping him in that position. Is that wrong? I'm not sure as I don't read enough about internal affairs at United to do so but from an outside perspective I would be more unhappy with his employers than with Woodward himself as they seem to be quite content with him. He's also backed Ole in the summer with the Maguire, AWB and James moves along with the Fernandes move this January too so it's not like he has been particularly shy with the chequebook either despite many wanting to lambast him for the Haaland ordeal (but that's for another thread).

He also receives a ton of vitriol from the likes of Neville and Ferdinand each week. I don't mind criticism but I wouldn't be surprised if this adds a bit of extra fuel to the fire in terms of these fans that think they can get away with and do things like this.

In a wider perspective it once again is a reminder that inside the 'football bubble' your everyday person thinks that they can suddenly get away with and become absolute cretins and do something like this though and it's something the FA and PL need to try and tackle.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh yes because kids never visit their parents and grandkids never stay at their grandparents house!
Grandparents? What on earth are you chatting now? Ed Woodward is a millionaire. This was his 'other' house. It's probably him alone in it or totally empty 90% of year which makes this story even more stupid. He's based in London where our offices are based.

elánius

Unacceptable, shameful, disgrace.

It is just footbal ffs, it is supose to be your hobby, something to chear you up, I have absolutly no idea how stupid you need to be to think that this is good idea. And actually, I think the fans community (and media as well) failed to react sooner. Those death chants last weeks, it was already unacceptable but instead of a huge condemnation from the club, from pundits, from the media and definitely from the fans, all of us was kind of silent about it. Some of them joked about that, some of them said it is not good but deep down agreed with them.
Maybe club was afraid to come up with statement that we dont want those people to attent any matches of United and so on. Where was Ferdinand, Scholes, Neville and those moral boys? They should have spoken up instantly but they didnt say anything. This is huge failure and I am actualyl ashamed that those people are fans of the same club as I am.

matt10000

Grandparents? What on earth are you chatting now? Ed Woodward is a millionaire. This was his 'other' house. It's probably him alone in it or totally empty 90% of year which makes this story even more stupid. He's based in London where our offices are based.
So it is ok to attack a millionaire’s house?

Do you know who is in his houses right now?

shaky

Wow, worst thread I’ve seen in a long time. Personally think some bans are in order for anyone condoning this attack.
Yeah, let's just make the forum one big echo chamber where eveyone must agree with everyone else or they get booted out. The Utd version of RAWK.

Acquire Me

To be fair they have there work cut out at the moment. I do agree though some mass bannings are needed and justified if we want to get the quality back into the United forum. I don't think the newbie system works either tbh along with the increase in oppo fans who are here for piss taking purposes.
It was a stupid comment from me. I know they got their hands full, they must have with everything going on. I just miss the old Caf.

Bestietom

It's still a property whether empty or not. They are vandals and NO EXCUSE for what they done. Stop making excuses for them. If it was my house I would like to catch them.

cyberman

Yeah, let's just make the forum one big echo chamber where eveyone must agree with everyone else or they get booted out. The Utd version of RAWK.
You agree with thugs attacking officials homes?
Is not being a dickhead considered an echo chamber?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Only poster I've seen condoning the attack was fergiesarmy, and he's already been banned.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's still a property whether empty or not. They are vandals and NO EXCUSE for what they done. Stop making excuses for them. If it was my house I would like to catch them.
They were out of order mate. Should be punished. Absolute stupidity.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People shouldn’t be assaulting our owners no matter how shitty they are.
If this is legit then surely the culprits won’t be hard to find given they did an interview with the Sun?
Did we not just get a new PR man from the Sun?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
They're called mobile phones Columbo.
Thanks! I bought my first Ericsson 1992, same year as my daughter was born. Great phone

Oops! I don’t know why Antoine Greizmann pops up in my mind. Strange. Maybe to much fake news has passed my memory lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.