Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarsdd

Look mate, I don't know what happened as I wasn't there. If I was there then I would have gone away and called the police not only out of respect towards any human beings living in the house but also out of respect towards anyone in the neighbourhood. This could have ended up into a fire, with people (including those idiots) dying and property lost. However I find it all a bit too convenient for my taste.

Regarding your argument we know very well that it's very difficult to prove that a specific someone is spreading fake news and when the guy is actually caught, the consequences are usually non existent. If it wasn't the case then Trump & Boris wouldn't be leading the US/UK and Mussol erm Salvini wouldn't be in his route to become Italy's next PM.
United is not a country or a government, they don't control the media, and Woodward is not the head of state such that no one can fire him. Even if there was a bit of evidence or hint it was staged, the Glazers will have to let him go or move him into some other position to save face as it is much worst than the incompetence he has shown at United.
Anyway I'm not saying you are condoning the act, just questioning the PR stunt conspiracy which is what it is right now.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Are we now supposed to care what this utter cretin has to say all of a sudden?

Odd that he's even commenting on it.

It's a nothing story really, in the grand scheme of things. Move on I say.
It’s a nothing story?

Highlyevolved

Look mate, I don't know what happened as I wasn't there. If I was there then I would have gone away and called the police not only out of respect towards any human beings living in the house but also out of respect towards anyone in the neighbourhood. This could have ended up into a fire, with people (including those idiots) dying and property lost. However I find it all a bit too convenient for my taste.

Regarding your argument we know very well that it's very difficult to prove that a specific someone is spreading fake news and when the guy is actually caught, the consequences are usually non existent. If it wasn't the case then Trump & Boris wouldn't be leading the US/UK and Mussol erm Salvini wouldn't be in his route to become Italy's next PM.
On top of all the other points raised as to the risk. There is also the risk of being prosecuted for wasting police time if it did come out as staged.
There just simply is not enough reward to risk ratio for anyone to have staged this.
It’s a few classless idiots that did something vile.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
On top of all the other points raised as to the risk. There is also the risk of being prosecuted for wasting police time if it did come out as staged.
There just simply is not enough reward to risk ratio for anyone to have staged this.
It’s a few classless idiots that did something vile.
I very much doubt that it would ever reach that stage. I am sorry but there's so many things that simply do not add up.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm glad none of his family were home.
Sorry everyone but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
As the coward isn't going to be attending games but happy to take money out of the club, what did you all expect?
I'm sure he's got the message now, I'm not condoning violence but I'm not against this thief being confronted by a mob.

For all the bullshit you lot talk about him, I wonder how many of you would actually confront him on the street. Ed and the owners are killing the club and stealing with big bonuses to pay off debt. They are literally stealing but some people in here take it. There is more productive ways to protest than this and I'm glad nobody was attacked but now they know.

They aren't wanted and Bruno Fernandes in the next few days ain't changing nothing. This football club has been dragged through the mud when they should be at the top. They have been treating the fans like idiots for years, eventually this was going to boil over.
You play with matches, you get burned. I feel no sympathy for Ed Woodward, he doesn't give a feck about United fans.
Absolute garbage. Thankfully most fans see it for what it is though. These are not supporters of Manchester United and will hopefully never be allowed near the club again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
United is not a country or a government, they don't control the media, and Woodward is not the head of state such that no one can fire him. Even if there was a bit of evidence or hint it was staged, the Glazers will have to let him go or move him into some other position to save face as it is much worst than the incompetence he has shown at United.
Anyway I'm not saying you are condoning the act, just questioning the PR stunt conspiracy which is what it is right now.
Well prior to become PM/President neither Boris nor Trump were in a position to control the media and yet.....they never really paid for their lies.

And what makes you think that he might not be on the way out as we speak? The guy has been messing up for years now. Rumours of him being at loggerheads with the Glazers had already surfaced. Could this be a desperate act to attract sympathy not only from the fans but actually from the people that really count?

Call me cynical but there's too many things seem too convenient for my taste

a- the Woodwards weren't there
b- A photographer from the Sun (yep Ashton's former employees) was there.
c- the fans not only allowed themselves to be photographed but gave interviews as well
d- the police took time to come to the location

PS if this whole thing is true then I condemn the act.

JB7

Absolute garbage. Thankfully most fans see it for what it is though. These are not supporters of Manchester United and will hopefully never be allowed near the club again.
Well they definitely are supporters of Manchester United.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Why are you linking the two things...?

Acknowledging the destruction of Utd by Glazers / Woodward doesn't bare any relevance on a couple of morons chucking flares at one of his mansions.

It doesn't absolve either party.

And it absolutely should not enter into the conversation of Utd fans wanting to protest their disgraceful ownership.
You really need to read the post I replied to before you start talking gibberish

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Raiola is right. And in his examples what would happen is bad reviews and people wouldn't watch that film or perhaps the next one too. Sadly thats where our fans are failing. Stop your money going into the club en masse and the Glazers will soon be off, taking Woodward with them!

matt10000

I'm glad none of his family were home.
Sorry everyone but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
As the coward isn't going to be attending games but happy to take money out of the club, what did you all expect?
I'm sure he's got the message now, I'm not condoning violence but I'm not against this thief being confronted by a mob.

So being intimidated by a large mob in your own home is ok as long as it doesn't escalate into violence!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This thread could be moderated to 3 pages of sensible posts.

Can we just move the conspiracy bullshit to a new thread that sane people can ignore. These kind of antagonist spats do no good.

Garbage people do garbage things. City fans and monkey gestures, Liverpool players experiencing burglaries while playing.

Anyone that thinks this was a staged PR stunt should be able to discuss it in a weird little place that others don’t need to witness. The same goes for anyone suggesting it’s deserved because the guy is bad at his job.

I deplore acts of censorship but there’s a line in society where we should definitely turn the noise down on some things.

sosolid4u09

Where has Man Utd officially come out and said anything?

Yes, there is a statement, but not on our social channels. Why?

I wouldn’t wish bad on anyone on that kind of scale. But this all doesn’t add up. Him or his family weren’t even at home.

Anyway, I’ve said my bit. You can be as gullible as you want.
You think the club orchestrated this themselves but i'm the gullible one?

hubbuh

Absolutely disgusting, it gives a false representation of our fan base. Regardless of your thoughts about the clubs running, this is despicable and I really feel for Woodward. The heart of United need to oust these absolute cretins.
Does it? You'd have to be a complete eejit to believe that about 10 scallies dressed to the nines in CP Company and Stone Island sharing a flare represents United. They're obviously young lads who most likely have feck all going on for them. Unfortunately, when you don't have a wealth of opportunities and you're born into a few of the dodgier areas in and around Manchester, United can end up representing far more than just a football team (I mean it does for most of us, but we don't have a skewed understanding and often have a lot more at stake). Without wanting to get all socio-politically soppy, for some United is something that defines them, provides them with something to believe in and gives meaning to the humdrum of working-class life. That's by no means a justification, chucking a flare into someones garden is very lame. It's difficult to curb the tribal excesses of the game, though, when lots of people have a warped sense of what football means to them.

matt10000

Where has Man Utd officially come out and said anything?

Yes, there is a statement, but not on our social channels. Why?

I wouldn’t wish bad on anyone on that kind of scale. But this all doesn’t add up. Him or his family weren’t even at home.

Anyway, I’ve said my bit. You can be as gullible as you want.
Do you think the moon landings were faked?

Jburton

They are obviously fans of the club, their methods are wrong and do potential harm to a righteous cause ..... the removal of the Glazer parasites from this club and the removal of the guy who facilitated takeover and subsequent theft from this club.

This display of anger was always in the cards, whether done in this manner or some other way the potential for this to get nasty was always there. The support of this club has had to endure a lot and although some might say it is simply a football club and to get some perspective, for many people it is central to their lives and many have invested a lot of their money and time in following and supporting this club.

The greatness of this club (the very thing Ed sells on the behalf on the Glazers to sponsors) is built on the backs of generations of fans and although I don’t condone these actions it might get a message across to Ed and the Glazers ...... there is more to the fan base of this club than compliant consumers they wish they were and all actions have potential consequences.

matt10000

They are obviously fans of the club, their methods are wrong and do potential harm to a righteous cause ..... the removal of the Glazer parasites from this club and the removal of the guy who facilitated takeover and subsequent theft from this club.

This display of anger was always in the cards, whether done in this manner or some other way the potential for this to get nasty was always there. The support of this club has had to endure a lot and although some might say it is simply a football club and to get some perspective, for many people it is central to their lives and many have invested a lot of their money and time in following and supporting this club.

The greatness of this club (the very thing Ed sells on the behalf on the Glazers to sponsors) is built on the backs of generations of fans and although I don’t condone these actions it might get a message across to Ed and the Glazers ...... there is more to the fan base of this club than compliant consumers they wish they were and all actions have potential consequences.
You say that it is wrong and then do your best to justify their actions and glorify them as 'more than just compliant consumers'.

shaky

You agree with thugs attacking officials homes?
No, but I don't agree with Brexit either. I reckon that will cause a lot more harm and suffering than poor old Woodie went through. Should we demand forum bans for everyone in favour of that too?

TheReligion

Abusive
The end of the day this has ruined everything. I was going to go and use my contacts at the airport to get us all the latest fix on Bruno.. instead I'm investigating this lot.

Well done MIB.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No, but I don't agree with Brexit either. I reckon that will cause a lot more harm and suffering than poor old Woodie went through. Should we demand forum bans for everyone in favour of that too?
So you are putting legal and illegal acts in the same bag?

matt10000

Something causing a lot more harm and suffering than something else doesn't make the thing that causes less harm ok. I it did, then following that logic, anything less than genocide would be ok (which it isn't).......... and besides Brexit is not illegal.

red thru&thru

Well prior to become PM/President neither Boris nor Trump were in a position to control the media and yet.....they never really paid for their lies.

And what makes you think that he might not be on the way out as we speak? The guy has been messing up for years now. Rumours of him being at loggerheads with the Glazers had already surfaced. Could this be a desperate act to attract sympathy not only from the fans but actually from the people that really count?

Call me cynical but there's too many things seem too convenient for my taste

a- the Woodwards weren't there
b- A photographer from the Sun (yep Ashton's former employees) was there.
c- the fans not only allowed themselves to be photographed but gave interviews as well
d- the police took time to come to the location

PS if this whole thing is true then I condemn the act.
I'm like you. All too cosy. And with Raiola's comments coming out. Why would Raiola care? He was bad mouthing us not too long ago. And how come of all the people, it's Raiola who speaks???

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You know man. I can't say this any clearer than this, so here it goes: F*** Y** and this absolute F*CKING garbage opinion.

"Hopefully he gets scared"? Man.. Just don't. The man's family lives there any you're actually looking for a silver lining? I am beyond disappointed that someone here would have such a view of this incident. You need to talk to someone if you somehow think this can be justified.

And hey. To anyone else that actually defends this. Please let yourself be known so I can put you on my ignore list and classify you as filth.

People that will attack someones home, ESPECIALLY where a mans family lives, because of a difference of opinion, are at the bottom of the barrel for me. You are all so dumb it physically hurts so know I have to breathe the same air as you degenerates. You are scum, and nowhere near worthy being a supporter of this great institution.
Can you ignore me please? I'm not saying minor property damage and intimidation are fair game but you strike me as the type who gets teary at the end of their own tirades, so it's probably for the best.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm like you. All too cosy. And with Raiola's comments coming out. Why would Raiola care? He was bad mouthing us not too long ago. And how come of all the people, it's Raiola who speaks???
Raiola tends to speak when these things happen, he was one of the first to speak about violence and racism in Italy.

matt10000

........and so the conspiracy theory grows more legs.......every subsequent event twisted to fit the narrative....yawn..........

Jburton

You say that it is wrong and then do your best to justify their actions and glorify them as 'more than just compliant consumers'.
Explaining potential reasons why is not the same as justification ........ if I was supporting their actions and providing a reason for said action as an excuse then it would be justification.

I am not talking about the guys who attacked Woodward’s house exclusively with regards to the “more than just compliant consumers” line, I meant more with relation to all the events we have seen the past few weeks ...... from the chants, the walkouts and this action last night which I don’t condone.

It more serves as an example among the others that the fan base is not just compliant and willing to remain silent, whether through incorrect actions like last night or more constructive, peaceful and organised methods.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think Woodward gets unwarranted flak and this money out of the club nonsense (interest payments which would have been dividends if it wasnt Glazers) happened mostly under David Gill. Interest Payments have been below 30m for last 7 season, and i dont think 230-240m over 7 season would have made any difference to our squad.

Woodward is an employee of this football club. Direct your anger towards the owners, sacking Woodward is not going to solve anything. Infact considering he has been great at business side, it might end up doing more harm than good. Plus a lot of players might start feeling unsafe with this type of incidents, might even affect our potential incoming transfers. These kind of incident damage reputation of the Football club.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
“Woodward has been a disaster as chief executive and needs to leave the club.
Lots of people have said it but he doesn’t seem to listen – perhaps because he’s getting paid £4m-a-year.
So we decided to pay him a visit to tell him to his face. We didn’t get to speak to him but hopefully he’ll get the message because we’re not going away and we won’t stand around doing nothing while our club is ruined.”
Culprits interviewed by the Sun.
Surely if this is legit they’ll be caught fairly quickly given they’ve been willing to be interviewed.

cyberman

Yeah, I think Star Wars fans are pretty notorious for taking it too far when they don’t like a new film.
Yeah but actually going to their house?
Hell Ive had a few death threats on here!

Amerifan

This thread could be moderated to 3 pages of sensible posts.

Can we just move the conspiracy bullshit to a new thread that sane people can ignore. These kind of antagonist spats do no good.

Garbage people do garbage things. City fans and monkey gestures, Liverpool players experiencing burglaries while playing.

Anyone that thinks this was a staged PR stunt should be able to discuss it in a weird little place that others don’t need to witness. The same goes for anyone suggesting it’s deserved because the guy is bad at his job.

I deplore acts of censorship but there’s a line in society where we should definitely turn the noise down on some things.
Spot on. The idiots justifying the acts of idiots and the conspiracy nut jobs trying to deflect blame are making me question my association with CAF.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Bizarre comparison from Mino.

A more apt one would be, if Brad Pitt helped a financier to take over Disney and was made director of the Star Wars franchise, would he get death threats if his films were so insanely bad that the entire franchise became a laughing stock around the globe? Of course he would, because Star Wars fans, like the very worst United fans, are complete morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.