Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Can you ignore me please? I'm not saying minor property damage and intimidation are fair game but you strike me as the type who gets teary at the end of their own tirades, so it's probably for the best.
I'm happy to ignore you since you seem to think this is a minor issue that shouldn't be cracked down on hard.

matt10000

Explaining potential reasons why is not the same as justification ........ if I was supporting their actions and providing a reason for said action as an excuse then it would be justification.

I am not talking about the guys who attacked Woodward’s house exclusively with regards to the “more than just compliant consumers” line, I meant more with relation to all the events we have seen the past few weeks ...... from the chants, the walkouts and this action last night which I don’t condone.

It more serves as an example among the others that the fan base is not just compliant and willing to remain silent, whether through incorrect actions like last night or more constructive, peaceful and organised methods.
Fair enough. Unfortunately you are right about the fact that 'their methods are wrong and do potential harm to a righteous cause'

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not condoning it in any way, but it’s a poor comparison. When you piss about with something that millions of people are so tribalisticly passionate about, often from the moment they can comprehend what football is, it’s not exactly surprising that some might take it too far. You don’t get tribalism in movies on anywhere near the same level.

Devil may care

Are we now supposed to care what this utter cretin has to say all of a sudden?

Odd that he's even commenting on it.

It's a nothing story really, in the grand scheme of things. Move on I say.
I bet it's not a nothing story for him and his family, his wife and kids haven't done anything to the club. No sane United fan likes Woodward or the Glazers, they are crippling our club and turning it into a joke, but as human beings there are levels, the proposed walkout against Wolves? absolutely, but these kind of menacing, intimidation thug tactics are disgusting and also only serve to undermine the genuine disdain many of us have for Woodward and the Glazers.

Cloud7

........and so the conspiracy theory grows more legs.......every subsequent event twisted to fit the narrative....yawn..........
This is how conspiracy theories end up snowballing. Idiots who like to feel mentally superior feeding other idiots on the same wavelength leading to a vicious cycle of stupidity....err I mean a vicious cycle of the truth while the rest of us are just sheep.

the chameleon

You think the club orchestrated this themselves but i'm the gullible one?
I never jumped to any conclusion.
I implied I think the club orchestrated it. If you look closer I said, no official social media channel has mentioned this. Comprehension of the the English language ain’t your forte.

Let me make it clear. I don’t wish ill will on his family. I’m just not done who makes a conclusion from news stories.

Suedesi

Again - without Woodward the Glazer takeover would likely not have happened.

Woodward was instrumental in the takeover.

Woodward is a key part in the Glazer regime and takeover.

He's also acted as DoF for the downfall of Man Utd - he is undoubtedly one of the worst things to happen to Man Utd.
I disagree on that. They are literally hundreds of leverage finance bankers at JP Morgan who would/could have advised on the deal and ensured it got executed. Woodward's role in the takeover is largely overstated. Leveraged takeouts happen all the time, to think a single banker/tax accountant could have derailed the deal is myopic.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
The idea of him getting sacked is a not a bad one. But not this way. I refuse to call them United fans.

JB7

The idea of him getting sacked is a not a bad one. But not this way. I refuse to call them United fans.
Of course they're United fans. What a ridiculous stance to take.

"Oh they've done something I don't like therefore they're not fans". Give over.

cyberman

Of course they're United fans. What a ridiculous stance to take.

"Oh they've done something I don't like therefore they're not fans". Give over.
Theres a difference between being a fan and this.
Like enjoying a drink and becoming an alco. Its completley different categories

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Bizarre comparison from Mino.

A more apt one would be, if Brad Pitt helped a financier to take over Disney and was made director of the Star Wars franchise, would he get death threats if his films were so insanely bad that the entire franchise became a laughing stock around the globe? Of course he would, because Star Wars fans, like the very worst United fans, are complete morons.
Correct.

But hey, it's Mino, and he's agreeing with us now, so lets not question whatever garbage he's spouting...

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
How does that help anything other than you being a little prick? :lol:
You probably didn’t bother at that time but I was one those who supported you in that period when your Greizmann comments was floating around. I liked that you put your credibility on the line and shared known info to the rest of us. Rightly or wrongly that was brave and the sort of character I like.

Regarding Woodward nobody thinks it’s alright in any way or form to attack family members or their houses. You can call my cynical or whatever but I’m not totally sold on this story yet and until more facts is on table I hold my sympathy and conclusions to myself instead of jumping on the moral high bandwagon who’s going around this place atm.

Do I think these thugs (if the stories are correct) are doing something good. Hell no. Stupid actions creates stupid consequences. Do I feel sorry for the Woodward family, hell yes. His wife and children has nothing to do with his job as a CEO.

But when it comes to the man himself I just don’t feel any sorts of sympathy, not yet and so far nothing has happened that harmed his property or his well being. If you’re a powerful CEO of such huge club it goes with the territory that supporters and others get emotional. I don’t support any of these horrible songs and terrible actions against him but a fully understands why they are popping up at this moment and why many supporters are frustrated.

Many STH and others has invested money and emotions in this beautiful club. Those who‘re wealthy enough probably don’t care so much about the costs but for many being a loyal match going supporter is part of their lifestyle. Many sacrifice a lot of important things in life to be part of the club in one way or another. When they see the CEO of the club they love hire a ex journalist to protect his image, when they know the CEO earns a fortune ripping customers on hard earned money I perfectly understands if some of them lose their coolness. Doesn’t mean agree with their actions but it don’t upset me.

Woodward can easily move on in his life, wealthy enough to live and work wherever he wants. He has been a CEO long enough to know that every bold move and decision he takes will affects lots of people. He’s paid to understand this. With underperforming results and bad recruitments comes responsibility’s. If he don’t like his conditions then move on and work somewhere else.

Life isn’t fair and bad things happens every day. Ask any women who being abused, beaten or killed by furious and jealous men around the world. Ask any victim of massacres or shootings. People are starving around the world. People dies unfair because of poverty or just being at the wrong place at the wrong moment.

Sorry for don’t fully finding sympathy with Ed Woodward. I’m probably just one of those bad people some of you referring too, because you all seems to know who we are.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This thread could be moderated to 3 pages of sensible posts.

Can we just move the conspiracy bullshit to a new thread that sane people can ignore. These kind of antagonist spats do no good.

Garbage people do garbage things. City fans and monkey gestures, Liverpool players experiencing burglaries while playing.

Anyone that thinks this was a staged PR stunt should be able to discuss it in a weird little place that others don’t need to witness. The same goes for anyone suggesting it’s deserved because the guy is bad at his job.

I deplore acts of censorship but there’s a line in society where we should definitely turn the noise down on some things.
But it wouldn't go away then, would it? History shows that trying to suppress things instead of having a debate aren't the solution. I haven't read anyone on here who said he was in favour of doing something like this. Some aren't surprised about the event, though.

For me having a protest -even in front of his house wouldn't be the end of the world but no violence. The guys who did more should be punished, you think anyone on here wouldn't want that?

SATA

I honestly didn’t know Ed is married. I read somewhere that he’s quite an awkward person and that he was single

BR7

My other half said last night if that was us, she would be demanding I leave my job and choose between my work and my family. Wonder how the conversation went last night?

Pathetic way to handle it, just sing Woodward out all game every game and make it known on social media what a cretin he is. Physical Attacks on him and by the off chancehis family is unacceptable. How would we all react if that was our house and our kids. But still, wonder what Mrs W said to him last night?

JB7

As do the players, SAF and almost all the supporters and every other normal person. This is a bunch of loosers that have done this and they will be banned for life.
I'm sure those lads who probably follow the club home and away all over Europe are devastated that some people on an internet message board don't think they're real fans.

romufc

My other half said last night if that was us, she would be demanding I leave my job and choose between my work and my family. Wonder how the conversation went last night?
Easier said than done when you are bringing in the amount of money he does in the bank account.

Giggsforever

I'm sure those lads who probably follow the club home and away all over Europe are devastated that some people on an internet message board don't think they're real fans.
They are idiots and idiots talk. Many of them will be banned. Is there anything more pathetic than people devoting their time and money on someone who do not want them around? Absolute loosers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would that be probable? And why someone on an internet message board couldn't be one of those fans who also follow the club home and away all over Europe?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
By all means, gather outside his house and protest. Make your views known. Better still, travel down to the London office and protest there.

This lot took it a few steps too far with the flares and such, though.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What does that mean? Why do these guys probably follow United all over Europe? Did I miss something there? Or are we just saying they're probably real fans because of that shit last night?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why not? If they are protesting in a non-violent fashion what's the problem? It's not illegal in most western democracies to gather and protest.

Anyway, I also suggested going down to London and protesting out front of his office there was a better option.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Woodward's response to this - ''Utd can do things in home security other homes can only dream of. Watch this space (just don't brick it)''.

Status
Not open for further replies.