Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm not watching that space.

ravi2

So, to be clear, you believe that Neil Ashton, a few weeks into the job he quit journalism for, decided it would be a good idea to hire 20 thugs to attack his boss's house (plus a load of his former colleagues to document it), without seeking permission from his new boss first?

How do you think Ed felt when Ashton came in to his office and admitted to him what he had done. How fecking furious do you think he got.
Drastic times call for drastic measures....the fans were chanting for Ed to be burned in a bonfire plus the media had turned on Ed so he hires Neil Ashton to rehab his image by whatever means necessary.

Ed doesnt need to know how it happens, CEO's like Ed do not need to know how something is accomplished, just get the job done.
You think Neil has to go to Ed's office and confess what he did? The less Ed knew about this the better it is. If there is a fall guy it will be Neil and Ed will issue a statement along the lines that Neil went rogue. CEO's never take the fall, their underlings do, at least thats how it works in the Enterprises I have worked at.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
ravi, are you on a wind-up? 'Cos you're making it sound like Ed is a mafia Don.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ed: "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"
Lacky: "Don Woodleone, the offer's just been refused"

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’ll appreciate this. I was called all sorts for suggesting it was set up and followed through by the Sun. Wonder how many are humble enough to admit they went too far
Why is it so hard to believe that it did actually happen in the way it’s claimed and wasn’t a setup? Is it because united fans are a a symbol of virtue?

I mean its not like things like this haven’t happened before to David Gills house. Maybe that was a setup too

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Drastic times call for drastic measures....the fans were chanting for Ed to be burned in a bonfire plus the media had turned on Ed so he hires Neil Ashton to rehab his image by whatever means necessary.

Ed doesnt need to know how it happens, CEO's like Ed do not need to know how something is accomplished, just get the job done.
You think Neil has to go to Ed's office and confess what he did? The less Ed knew about this the better it is. If there is a fall guy it will be Neil and Ed will issue a statement along the lines that Neil went rogue. CEO's never take the fall, their underlings do, at least thats how it works in the Enterprises I have worked at.
This is all seems needlessly complicated.

Why not just "compensate" select journos to write some puff pieces - if he's that worried about his public image?

What he has done - as per your theory - is to hire a high-profile journo in an official club capacity in order to...what? Work as an undercover PR agent for him personally, seemingly with license to go to ridiculous lengths in order to portray his boss in a favourable light.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Why is it so hard to believe that it did actually happen in the way it’s claimed and wasn’t a setup? Is it because united fans are a a symbol of virtue?

I mean its not like things like this haven’t happened before to David Gills house. Maybe that was a setup too
Same question can be asked about why with all the ‘coincidences’ and what’s happened today, why can’t anyone believe it wouldn’t be a set up?

I’ll agree with you i don’t doubt some of the away lads could easily have done something like this... however I also believe if they did it wouldn’t have been such a pathetic attempt using a flare.

Greck

Same question can be asked about why with all the ‘coincidences’ and what’s happened today, why can’t anyone believe it wouldn’t be a set up?

I’ll agree with you i don’t doubt some of the away lads could easily have done something like this... however I also believe if they did it wouldn’t have been such a pathetic attempt using a flare.
what happened today? and what coincidences?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

There isn't actually a lot of coincidences. The simplest explanation is idiots wants to see their idiotic actions publicized, therefore they contact the biggest british publication who is also known for its lack of moral compass. Said british publication send a reporter and a photograph. The end.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wonder how Neil Ashton will spin the complaint against The Sun,, weeks after he left their employment.

But if there is one high point in all of this, it's that we can be sure Neil Custis will make an absolute tit of himself on Twitter. Between complaining about being mistreated by various airlines.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
what happened today? and what coincidences?
United have reported The Sun for their journalist and potentially a photographer being present at Woodward’s house and not reporting it to the authorities ...I wasn’t alone in saying as soon the story broke it would be a set up and those of us who said so were slaughtered and insulted. Only feels right that we now get to feel a little more justified

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
There isn't actually a lot of coincidences. The simplest explanation is idiots wants to see their idiotic actions publicized, therefore they contact the biggest british publication who is also known for its lack of moral compass. Said british publication send a reporter and a photograph. The end.
Right. The same group of supporters who have an almost Scouse like dislike for the Sun and were happy to be pictured and interviewed whilst committing a crime?

Greck

United have reported The Sun for their journalist and potentially a photographer being present at Woodward’s house and not reporting it to the authorities ...I wasn’t alone in saying as soon the story broke it would be a set up and those of us who said so were slaughtered and insulted. Only feels right that we now get to feel a little more justified
People were slaughtered for saying Woodward set it up and that having the reporter present proved it.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Right. The same group of supporters who have an almost Scouse like dislike for the Sun and were happy to be pictured and interviewed whilst committing a crime?
I have no idea about who these people are, I don't even know if they are actually into football and which club they all support. So I don't know how you can claim that they have a dislike for a particular paper, who I suppose is sold in the city of Manchester.

macheda14

The wider fan base as a whole has a dislike for the sun, but the wider fan base also wouldn’t stoop so low as to attack someone’s house. You’d guess the kind of people that would do this wouldn’t be the sharpest, so yes they might have thought ‘we need to make sure a tabloid at our level will be there to publicise what an admirable thing we are doing’.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
I have no idea about who these people are, I don't even know if they are actually into football and which club they all support. So I don't know how you can claim that they have a dislike for a particular paper, who I suppose is sold in the city of Manchester.
I doubt the group who did this have anything to do with Manchester or United.

Jev

Are there seriously people in this thread who believe this was a setup by the club/Woodward? Because in that case please never leave your apartment, we're not gonna miss you.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Has any news come out saying it didn't happen or was staged? Am i missing something?
It’s commonly accepted on here that The Sun is full of shit. You’d get crucified on here for posting transfer news from them. Now they have “exclusive” news about the supposed 20+ hooligans complete with professional grade photos, that doesn’t even show 20, where they literally pose for a camera in the middle of committing a felony and now it’s taken as gospel.

red thru&thru

Ed just needs to leave. This incident and all the things which have followed it, are a royal mess. No one, including Ed, comes out with any credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.