Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This is getting surreal...

If the Sun alerted the Police - the Police would've had officers there. They wouldn't know how serious the 'attack' was going to be and in the current climate they would shut it down, hard and fast.

But I don't for a second believe that a group of hooligans who'd managed to find out Woodward's Manchester address would then happen to phone up the Sun - the same paper utterly loathed by Utd fans, and whom Woodward has just hired a PR guru from - to advertise their intentions.
Any experienced criminal investigator would tell you to not believe in coincidences, especially if it’s to good to be true. Regarding the Sun, msm media and journalists in general I take nothing for granted, zero. Nobody at home... journalists taking photos, police arriving hours later.... a video circulating about the so called “crime”. Netflix next I believe.

I advice many of you to wait until further facts is on the table. When the “victim” is a powerful CEO of one of the world biggest brands then anything is possible. This story will have many twists before it’s over.

Infra-red

Do people actually believe this is not a stunt from Ed's new PR firm which is also co-owned by The Sun's Neil Ashton?
Yes, because people are not insane.

Woodward is not going to arrange a PR stunt that involves flares/fireworks being thrown at his own house.

This is just some angry idiots who went too far.

Roux

They're idiots what can I say. Just feel like it's getting blown out of all proportion which it is. Kids set off fireworks (out of their hands) in the streets near residential buildings all the time. It's stupid and annoying but it's not a crime I describe as 'disgusting' personally. People love to blow everything out of proportion in this country.
But the very definition of the word disgusting is 'unacceptable', so regardless of how you feel about it - there is nothing wrong with using that term. This is a personal targeted attack, something you don't seem to acknowledge. if the exact same thing happened you - i highly doubt you would just be just annoyed by it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But the very definition of the word disgusting is 'unacceptable', so regardless of how you feel about it - there is nothing wrong with using that term. This is a personal targeted attack, something you don't seem to acknowledge. if the exact same thing happened you - i highly doubt you would just be just annoyed by it.
Have a day off you melt. He had a few fireworks set off in his garden. Better get the armed guards in. Even if they were caught they'd get a smack on the wrist for it at worst.

Lynty

So people who are saying this is a hoax, are basing it on The Sun article quoting "a source"? Ye okay.

Roux

Have a day off you melt. He had a few fireworks set off in his garden. Better get the armed guards in. Even if they were caught they'd get a smack on the wrist for it at worst.
Ahh, spoken like a true idiot. Well done 'melt'.

Iron Tulip

Absolutely disgusting, it gives a false representation of our fan base. Regardless of your thoughts about the clubs running, this is despicable and I really feel for Woodward. The heart of United need to oust these absolute cretins.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ahh, spoken like a true idiot. Well done 'melt'.
The only idiot is you making out to be something far worse than it was you plank. I said it was out of order and going too far straight away as I heard the news last night. It is. It's just stupidity. But it sounds like the worse thing to happen was a bit of graffiti and a few flares going out on a front driveway behind a secure gate. Thousands of things happen that are far worse on a daily basis in this country. You sound like a proper snowflake.

Wheato

Ha, this is such a fake news story, it is actually ridiculous. I counted 11 boys in tracksuits throwing a flare over a locked gate. Hardly storming of the bastille!! That's the thing these days, you post something on social media and the world bites. The journalists who thought this was newsworthy, should be ashamed of themselves. And to the tracksuited flare throwers, if you want to get noticed by the world, make funny cat videos.

Last edited:

Roux

The only idiot is you making out to be something far worse than it was you plank. I said it was out of order and going too far straight away as I heard the news last night. It is. It's just stupidity. But it sounds like the worse thing to happen was a bit of graffiti and a few flares going out on a front driveway behind a secure gate. Thousands of things happen that are far worse on a daily basis in this country. You sound like a proper snowflake.
You were the one crying about people using the term 'disgusting'. Turns out you don't even know what it means. :) but yeah i'll just call people a snowflake because its an easy cop out. Haha.

padzilla

Hipster
Who attacks a house with fireworks? The way Woodward is being portrayed you would swear him and his family hid under the bed while knife wielding rapists roamed the halls.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Again - without Woodward the Glazer takeover would likely not have happened.

Woodward was instrumental in the takeover.

Woodward is a key part in the Glazer regime and takeover.

He's also acted as DoF for the downfall of Man Utd - he is undoubtedly one of the worst things to happen to Man Utd.
Every word you write is true. But none of this justifies or validates the alleged actions by these terrorist hooligans.

If caught, I hope they are hung out to dry with the harshest available punishment.

lsd

The Oracle

I thought you were sounding moronic and then right at the end you confirmed it by using snowflake

jimmyb2000

I think it was either Mark Twain or Ricky Gervais who said "it's easier to fool someone than convince them they've been fooled"

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wouldn't bet against writers including quotes from this thread as proof of the 'uncontrollable anger that is gripping United's fanbase'.

I'd wipe the thing and start from scratch, given some of the posts.
Been that bad has it? Can't say I'm surprised....

BeltUp

Supports
United
What did you lot think when the Glazers were strongly challenged at Old Trafford in 2005 when the police had to cart them away?

As much as people are denying that these people represent the fanbase, they have been around for a long time.

Lynty

Great place to find nutjob posters to put on the ignore list.

The Firestarter

This has to be the worst thread of the year so far. Some posters display a total lack of a moral compass.

Rolaholic

Even one of his biggest critics is able to show some empathy

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Beyond stupid. As if such behaviour could do any good for the club.

There’s no need for this. He’s an incompetent clown, not a paedophile.

Seven Seas Sardines

If there is a god, one of the MIB will spill his guts and admit to the police it was a PR stunt. Imagine the backlash if it backfires. :lol:

Shouldn't be too hard since The Sun should have a way of contacting them..

KekiZeki

Do you think that the Glazers will be persuaded to let their cash generated ruffian with sensitive and well articulated arguments? I am against violence but the boat need to be rocked and they need to get scared else they will never sell and nothing will ever change.

Also I find it strange how these bullies would invite a journalist of the Sun to film them while they are doing the outrageous crime of throwing flares at an empty house. What was he doing there? Who invited him? Why no one stopped him filming? Why he didn't call the police? Is there a United high rank official who has links with the Sun?
Idiots who think it's smart to attack someone's family home would also think it's a great idea to bring media in to it. Who would answer the call but one of the worst tabloids around.

If we are to protest it needs to be organized and directed at a club, I can't understand why would you try and rationalize this. It brings us only harm, nothing good comes of this.

fezzerUTD

When I came in the UK I was stunned of how racist and poorly professional the media is. Politics in Malta is everything and the mediaa quality is crap and can be ridiculously biased but some things being read on papers would never make their way in Malta especially surrounding foreigners. Soon I'd learnt that the only media news you can trust is the BBC with the likes of the independent being reasonably trustworthy, that most right wing media is ridiculously biased and that the likes of the Sun, the Telegraph and the Daily star aren't even worth picking dog's crap with.
BBC? give me a break!

Jam

Absolute degenerates embarrassing the rest of the fanbase.

Woodward is incompetent, but he isn’t deserving of a bunch of thugs trying to intimidate his family.

KekiZeki

I don't really care what the punishment is, or who did it - being kids means nothing, kids are stabbing each other to death in this country... but they are just kids right? Just because there are worse crimes, doesn't make this any less of a crime - they are just supposed to clean up the mess/damage and go about like it never happened right? Jesus.
It's outrageous to me that there are people discussing the severity of it, some even justifying it by "being upset as fans".

We're no where closer to our goal as United fans to get rid of Woodward nor does it help our image, or club's image. Next we'll want someone else to come and we are the fans who chase people away phisically if we don't like them. A lot of fans seem detached from it, think it's a movie of some kind so that you can go to someone's family home and make a mess of things and "no biggie". Damn.

patty123

So Ed Woodward, the guy who engineered the leveraged buy out that got us into huge debt and bungled every football related decision since 2013 not only deserves credit for shaving some of that debt away, but has actually done more for the club than the man who won us the treble?

Absolute lunacy.
Wow, as it was not Ed who started anything, it was the "man who won us the treble" that has us where we are and with the owners we have when he thought, a football manager could go to war with our two major shareholders and billionaires and win :lol:, now thats ego at it finest.

Fact is, no one person is to blame for the mess we are in, as everyone from Fergie to gill (05) onwards has us where we are and all have a part in the mess we are in, whether its messed us transfers, wrong manager, no value in the transfer market bs, refusal to pay an agent an extra few quid,toeing the party line etc, its not just Woodward's fault.

Roux

It's outrageous to me that there are people discussing the severity of it, some even justifying it by "being upset as fans".

We're no where closer to our goal as United fans to get rid of Woodward nor does it help our image, or club's image. Next we'll want someone else to come and we are the fans who chase people away phisically if we don't like them. A lot of fans seem detached from it, think it's a movie of some kind so that you can go to someone's family home and make a mess of things and "no biggie". Damn.
I completely agree. All i've taken from this is how strange the people who are justifying it - directly or indirectly are.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Idiots who think it's smart to attack someone's family home would also think it's a great idea to bring media in to it. Who would answer the call but one of the worst tabloids around.

If we are to protest it needs to be organized and directed at a club, I can't understand why would you try and rationalize this. It brings us only harm, nothing good comes of this.
A group of idiots turn up at Woodward's place at a time when the guy is feeling the heat. Strangely enough they invite a the Sun's photographer (ie the same paper our new PR man happened to previously worked for) with no fear that this photographer might call the police who would actually catch them in the act. Not only that they also allow themselves to be interviewed as sources and the place is strangely empty. Comeon is that even normal?

matt10000

They're idiots what can I say. Just feel like it's getting blown out of all proportion which it is. Kids set off fireworks (out of their hands) in the streets near residential buildings all the time. It's stupid and annoying but it's not a crime I describe as 'disgusting' personally. People love to blow everything out of proportion in this country.
There is a huge difference between kids setting off fireworks in the street and people looking up the address of, travelling to and targeting a specific family home where there could be children inside.

How could who ever it was be sure that there wasn’t an oil tank outside the house for an oil powered boiler?

This is not just stupid and annoying this could easily have been manslaughter kidslaughter.

Jonno

Such a stupid thing to do from this minority of fans. I hope the police find them and deal with them accordingly.

This doesn't represent 99% of fans who do want him out of his footballing role at the club, but do not "want him dead" or want to harm him or his family, they want to peacefully protest until he is redeployed to what he's genuinely very good at, the commercial side.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Wow, as it was not Ed who started anything, it was the "man who won us the treble" that has us where we are and with the owners we have when he thought, a football manager could go to war with our two major shareholders and billionaires and win :lol:, now thats ego at it finest.

Fact is, no one person is to blame for the mess we are in, as everyone from Fergie to gill (05) onwards has us where we are and all have a part in the mess we are in, whether its messed us transfers, wrong manager, no value in the transfer market bs, refusal to pay an agent an extra few quid,toeing the party line etc, its not just Woodward's fault.
I’ve stated my opinion. Please read my replies to everyone else that commented with pretty much the same line you did. No need to keep things dragging on

Status
Not open for further replies.