Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don’t think you get how this works, lads. He’s either going to Madrid during the summer or staying with us till he’s old and grey.
Why would United fans not get how it works? We’ve been dumped numerous times, even when we’re at the top of the game. Hazard’s better than Chelsea I’m afraid!

izec

If Madrid actually want him and offer the £100m asking price he'll be off. He's 28, wants to go and that would be a fair deal imo.

Only question is who else RM might want in the summer, who else is available and how much budget they have. I think they'll go for Mbappe or Neymar as first choice.
They might try, but time wasting that would be. PSG wont sell either and Madrid wont drop 200m on one of them when they can get Hazard for half the price. They have other positions to worry about too. They need someone to replace Benzema and another midfielder to replace Modric/Kroos on top of Hazard.

ravi2

They might try, but time wasting that would be. PSG wont sell either and Madrid wont drop 200m on one of them when they can get Hazard for half the price. They have other positions to worry about too. They need someone to replace Benzema and another midfielder to replace Modric/Kroos on top of Hazard.
RM should spend 100m on Hazard and around 100M on Lewa and they will be right back in the game

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why are all the best players left sided these days? I'd say it's because right footers like cutting in, but even left footers don't seem to like the right side.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We would 100% drop 200m on neymar/mbappé over 100m on hazard. The problem is we could offer 200 billions and PSG would still say no

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Why would United fans not get how it works? We’ve been dumped numerous times, even when we’re at the top of the game. Hazard’s better than Chelsea I’m afraid!
He wouldn’t leave us for any other club bar Madrid. About as much chance of you signing Hazard as we have of starting next season with a front 3 of Messi Neymar and Mbappe.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The flirting with Madrid just needs him to paint his hole with lipstick at this stage.

Love to know what Chelsea fans are making of it all.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Would be interesting to see him go to PSG.
Hazard - Neymar - Mbappe could be awesome.

But then again, It's really more likely to be Madrid, right?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Everyone is aware he wants to go to Madrid for a long time. Only question is if they offer the asking price we want for him in the summer. If they do he's off.

We have him under contract till the end of next season when he'll be pushing 30.

I don't blame him for wanting to go there, will have a good chance for a CL medal. I expect Real Madrid to make a couple of Marquee signings. I'm sure they'll be in for Neymar or Mbappe and probably some others as well.

Trizy

Everyone is aware he wants to go to Madrid for a long time. Only question is if they offer the asking price we want for him in the summer. If they do he's off.

We have him under contract till the end of next season when he'll be pushing 30.

I don't blame him for wanting to go there, will have a good chance for a CL medal. I expect Real Madrid to make a couple of Marquee signings. I'm sure they'll be in for Neymar or Mbappe and probably some others as well.
Didn't realize his contract was up so soon. Basically if he holds on to next January you're gonna have to sell him and on the cheap too.

I doubt Hazard wants to come here but how would you feel about selling him to United over Madrid if one was to offer £100m and the other just wants him to force a move for free?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why only now? He's been talking about Madrid for what seems like years. I mean, he's not even dropping hints. He's pretty much telling them to buy him.
Think they are beginning to realise he's not going to renew. Looks very similar to the Courtois situation.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't realize his contract was up so soon. Basically if he holds on to next January you're gonna have to sell him and on the cheap too.

I doubt Hazard wants to come here but how would you feel about selling him to United over Madrid if one was to offer £100m and the other just wants him to force a move for free?
That's why he's pushing for Madrid now. He'll have one year left in the summer, so makes sense for us to sell him then. I think our asking price will be about £100m~. Pretty certain he only wants to go to Madrid, is settled with us. Just has ambition to play for Los Blancos, like Ronaldo, and I doubt he'd go anywhere else. I think secondarily he also wants a CL medal and given there recent record looks like a reasonable bet, even if they're in transition at the moment.

Wondering if they might try and offload Bale as part of the deal. Given his huge wages, is 30 in the summer and injury proneness Madrid will find it very hard to shift him, if they want to.

Think they are beginning to realise he's not going to renew. Looks very similar to the Courtois situation.
If Madrid want him and offer the Money he'll go. If they don't want him very confident he'll sign a massive contract and stay. Simple as that. No chance he renews before exhausting all possible options of going to Madrid though.

RochaRoja

Should've left Chelsea in 2015, if not 2017. It's hard to say a player who's won two league titles has been wasting his career but Hazard is the caliber of player who should be winning Champions Leagues, not spending multiple seasons playing in the Europa League.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If I was him I’d just go at the end of the season when his contract's up. No one can really complain then, he’s fulfilled his end of the bargain.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
If there is truth to this twitter thread then his attitude is a joke

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Depends on your perspective. Hazard has always been very open that he has no desire to be the best in the world and I suspect that's where the frustrations his previous managers have always had with him come from, the fact that he has the potential to be the best in the world but just doesn't have the drive to do so

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's been known for ages. He has a laissez-faire attitude to his game.
The funny thiing is he seemed to reinforce Sarri's point. A player with his mentality won't do well at Real Madrid.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Would be interesting to see him go to PSG.
Hazard - Neymar - Mbappe could be awesome.

But then again, It's really more likely to be Madrid, right?
Really? Three of the best players in the world playing in the most one-sided league in the world. One that noone really cares about either. I think it would be a shame, just like it is with Neymar and Mbappe.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Really? Three of the best players in the world playing in the most one-sided league in the world. One that noone really cares about either. I think it would be a shame, just like it is with Neymar and Mbappe.
Sure, but it would be fun to see what they could do together.

crossy1686

career ending
Agreed. Go to France if you want to be paid well and never considered for a major honour ever again. It's the China of Europe.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Depends on your perspective. Hazard has always been very open that he has no desire to be the best in the world and I suspect that's where the frustrations his previous managers have always had with him come from, the fact that he has the potential to be the best in the world but just doesn't have the drive to do so
Then why he wants to come to Madrid. I would understand that he sees Madrid as a way to obtain the recognition he believes he deserves, not to be another lazzy genius profile.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Sure, but it would be fun to see what they could do together.
To each their own. I find it depressing to have two of the top 10 players in the world running around in a largely irrelevant league winning 9-0 against cannon fodder. Imo, the best players should play in the biggest leagues. I get your point, though.

Vadim

Hazard is a dribble merchant. Doesn’t score enough goals.

And he’s a cnut. Can’t stand his face.

Feck him off to Real so I don’t have to see his mug in our league anymore.

RochaRoja

Meh. Champions League is where it’s at anyway.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard and Real Madrid are a match made in heaven, just as Ronaldo and Real were, we all know it's going to happen.
After his recent comments where he has mentioned that goals, assists, and trophies don't motivate him and he only wants to have "fun" on the football field, I doubt RM will want him anywhere near their squad. Expectations are sky-high among the bernabeu faithfuls. They want goals, and trophies and not players whose primary interests are to have "fun". Ronaldo was booed for a 4 match goal drought, ffs. Hazard with this type of attitude will be eaten alive if he indeed ends up in Madrid.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Kidders

After his recent comments where he has mentioned that goals, assists, and trophies don't motivate him and he only wants to have "fun" on the football field, I doubt RM will want him anywhere near their squad. Expectations are sky-high among the bernabeu faithfuls. They want goals, and trophies and not players whose primary interests are to have "fun". Ronaldo was booed for a 4 match goal drought, ffs. Hazard with this type of attitude will be eaten alive if he indeed ends up in Madrid.
Good points but I think the 'fun' comments are taken out of context, anyhow I'm not too bothered about him, he's not ending up at United.....lock the thread ?

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Then why he wants to come to Madrid. I would understand that he sees Madrid as a way to obtain the recognition he believes he deserves, not to be another lazzy genius profile.
Did you consider that maybe this is the reason why he is so good? That he actually truly enjoys what he is doing and just so happens to be paid for it? It's not exactly a secret that people perform better - for various psychological reasons - when they enjoy what they are doing. Not everyone can be a work-beast like Ronaldo. In fact, only very few are. Those are the people you give an axe and put them in a forest and they will come out only after the entire forrest has been chopped into pieces. For the bigger majority motivation is a key factor, though. And enjoyment helps with motivation.

Not saying he will or will not make it, if he goes to Real. But you can look at things in different lights. A good example here would be Özil who easily is talented enough to be world-class, but clearly lacks the Ronaldo-esque drive, but also the enjoyment on the field to go past the level of Arsenal.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Did you consider that maybe this is the reason why he is so good? That he actually truly enjoys what he is doing and just so happens to be paid for it? It's not exactly a secret that people perform better - for various psychological reasons - when they enjoy what they are doing. Not everyone can be a work-beast like Ronaldo. In fact, only very few are. Those are the people you give an axe and put them in a forest and they will come out only after the entire forrest has been chopped into pieces. For the bigger majority motivation is a key factor, though. And enjoyment helps with motivation.

Not saying he will or will not make it, if he goes to Real. But you can look at things in different lights. A good example here would be Özil who easily is talented enough to be world-class, but clearly lacks the Ronaldo-esque drive, but also the enjoyment on the field to go past the level of Arsenal.
Of course I do not expect a Cristiano, but I would not like that he assumes the attitude of Bale either: I do my job but do not ask me to be the leader.
If Madrid have not spent so much money in years I think they are expecting something special, the face of the project, a candidate for the ballon d'or, an extra step in his career.
Even contradicting his statements I want to think that he is coming to show that he is at another level,and recognition.
I don't think that he leaves his comfort zone (perhaps losing money) simply for fulfilling a child's dream or for changing the league.
Even Isco, also a very special character genuinely believes that he deserves to be a candidate for the ballon d'or.
In my opinion he will need more selfishness to improve his competitiveness.
Whenever I see him entertains me a lot but honestly the only reason I want to sign him is the love and desire he has shown in playing in Madrid.
I think that as a fan I am a little in debt to him.
Seeing the squad I think that will cut the progression of Vinicius and will sentence even more to Isco.

Status
Not open for further replies.