Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazard: I've made a decision

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

He's done it again — remember his PR "masterclass" when he announced his Chelsea transfer via his twitter?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I think he will sign a new contract, Vinicius Junior is playing in his position at RM now and developing very well.

Hazard obviously wants to go to RM, if they're not interested I think he'll stay. Family are well settled and I doubt he would bother to uproot to go anywhere else. Prepared to be wrong..

Question has always been if Madrid will come in for him or not?

Cloud7

He loves being cryptic about his future doesn’t he, old Eden? Wonder if he’ll be able to top Griezmann’s video announcing he’s staying at Atletico.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll stay. Not hearing enough noise about Madrid anyway. They're probably after goalscorers.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"I have decided to join the winner between Leicester and Manchester United last sunday"

In Rainbows

On one hand, him going to Real Madrid means one less club that will go after Sancho. On the other hand, Hazard staying with Chelsea means one less English club to convince Sancho.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Also, such a great time of the season to announce stunts like these. Guess he'll announce he's going to stay (as RM is seemingly not interested)? Otherwise I can't see his team/manager being too happy with him disrupting the dressing room like this. (then again, he probably only cares about himself anyway).

izec

He will stay. Remember Griezmann doing similar, even worse with his docu, but he stayed. Same here. If he was moving, no way would he come out like this. You can do that with Lille, but i doubt he would do it at a relatively big club.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
On one hand, him going to Real Madrid means one less club that will go after Sancho. On the other hand, Hazard staying with Chelsea means one less English club to convince Sancho.
I don't see a player who went to Germany to get playing time look forward to coming back to Chelsea of all clubs.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Hazard living true to his name. As annoying as Griezmann. Worse than Rooney by miles.

Not surprising Chelsea are so inconsistent when their best player is a little diva bitch.

Trizy

What a dick, completely disrespecting Chelsea for what feels like years. Some times it's just not worth keeping a player regardless of how good they are.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is so obviously going to sign a new contract with Chelsea.

Aloysius's Back 3

I find him a very overrated player.

Has a wonderful football ability that comes almost natural to him - yet has done hardly anything significant with it.

Lacks a winning mentality that you normally attribute to these type of skills.

Its not the fact that he hasn't won anything - because he has; but I attribute that to Chelsea the football club more so than him. That's not normally the case with other CL's where you can pin point stand out players from start to the end of the tournament which were in absolute form.

RedDevil@84

So all the begging for Real to come and take him did not work? New contract at Chelsea then?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Has a wonderful football ability that comes almost natural to him - yet has done hardly anything significant with it.

Its not the fact that he hasn't won anything - because he has; but I attribute that to Chelsea the football club more so than him. That's not normally the case with other CL's where you can pin point stand out players from start to the end of the tournament which were in absolute form.
I am wondering how he would cope at a Real Madrid. The pressure there is on another level. Not sure it is his style.

Kapardin

He's done it again — remember his PR "masterclass" when he announced his Chelsea transfer via his twitter?
If you know what you are gonna do, announce it. If you don't wanna announce it, then there is no point saying you know what you are gonna do.

amolbhatia50k

No team in the PL is as on dependent on a player as Chelsea is on Hazard IMO. Their recent success has mostly been down to him or Costa or luck (CL).

mav_9me

He is staying. Expect a new contract announcement soon. Didn't look like Real were desperate for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Eden Hazard : "le decision" special 30 minute show on why he's decided to stay at a club that'll give him SHITLOADS of cash. Stay tuned.

In Rainbows

I don't see a player who went to Germany to get playing time look forward to coming back to Chelsea of all clubs.
Wouldn't take much convincing if they had sold Hazard, Hudson Odoi, and Willian. All players are rumored to be leaving, though they also did buy Pulisic.

amolbhatia50k

I think he will stay at Chelsea because he loves being the centre of attention and he will disappear at Real.
I don't think he'll disappear. He'll excel wherever he goes. But he's not the goalscorer Madrid need.

Toad

Good player but I just don’t think anyone cares that much about him for him to pull these PR stunts all the time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think he'll disappear. He'll excel wherever he goes. But he's not the goalscorer Madrid need.
No they need someone who will score a bucket load of goals. Also, yes he is important to Chelsea, but think that its more down to the quality of that Chelsea team. Harry Kane is now a bigger name, but Spurs have coped relatively well without him and Alli.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s a weird one, he has all the natural talent to consistent be a top 10, top 15 player in the world (which he is), but he’s never applied himself further. I just don’t think he had or has the mentality to be the greatest. Quotes like this show it, for instance;

He’s happy being one of the best rather than the very best. Fair enough, really. He’ll be remembered extremely favourable in history; Belgium’s best ever player, a top 5 Chelsea player, and a phenomenon during his time at Lille.

crossy1686

career ending
He wants the attention the best get without actually working to be the best.
I remember when Ronaldo was doing similar stuff like this with us when Madrid were sniffing around and it was infuriating. Not that I care about the Chelsea fan plight but they have every right to be raging about this. I'd want him gone ASAP, you don't need ego's like that around your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.