Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

JogaBonitoRooney

Also 433 only became popular in the last 10 to 15 years so there's not many to compare him to.

Not sure if he played in a 433 most of his career especially at his peak in Chelsea. He was under conservative managers like Conte and Mourinho. Chelsea are known to not have many prolific goal scorers and play defensively.

His goal scoring and assists record in Chelsea looks pretty solid to me. Too much Messi Ronaldo fanboying from some fans thinking goals mean absolutely evening.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
"Playing in a 433" means absolutely nothing in this context

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Moving the goal posts but ok - DI Maria, Ajen Robben.........
Robben surely had more output that Hazard
I am sure Robben probably scored more CL goals in a season than Hazard scored his entire career

Hughes35

Robben surely had more output that Hazard
I am sure Robben probably scored more CL goals in a season than Hazard scored his entire career
Eden Hazard - 126 goals in 459 games
Robben - 150 Goals in 426 games

Slightly better for Robben but hardly different planets and much of Robbens was for a dominant Bayern team in the Bundesliga.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Eden Hazard - 126 goals in 459 games
Robben - 150 Goals in 426 games

Slightly better for Robben but hardly different planets and much of Robbens was for a dominant Bayern team in the Bundesliga.
The difference is bigger in the CL. Robben has 30 goals while Hazard is at 10. Goals and assists combined it is 25 for Harzard and 55 for Robben. This is looking at totals since Robben obviously has more CL games than Hazard.

heraklion

Eden Hazard claims he was better than Cristiano Ronaldo in ‘pure football’ terms - but admits Lionel Messi is ‘the greatest in history’

"Individually, Messi is perhaps the only one. I loved watching the Barcelona player, less so at the end, but he's the greatest in history. It's impossible to take the ball away from him. Cristiano is a bigger player than me but, in terms of pure football, I honestly don't think so. Neymar, maybe."

www.goal.com/en-us/lists/eden-hazard-cristiano-ronaldo-pure-football-lionel-messi-is-the-greatest/blt2e3504070b3744c7

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is in dreamland, a fantastic dribbler and had a few really fantastic seasons where Chelsea depended on him to carry the ball, but he is nowhere near Ronaldo as a footballer.

Ronaldo, especially the version we saw at United and early Madrid, was a phenomenal footballer who won games by himself. It’s not fair to him to just talk about longevity. Even at Hazard’s very peak, he didn’t touch prime Ronaldo as a player.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Neymar is way above him talent-wise.

They're almost tied in dribbling(I'd give a thin margin to Hazard), but Neymar is a much better passer and finisher, has much better off ball movements and is also a better athlete.

Hazard has Figo's level of talent, I'd say. Neymar is as close as it gets to Maradona and Messi(again, talent-wise, not greatness).

MrEleson

Eden Hazard claims he was better than Cristiano Ronaldo in ‘pure football’ terms - but admits Lionel Messi is ‘the greatest in history’

"Individually, Messi is perhaps the only one. I loved watching the Barcelona player, less so at the end, but he's the greatest in history. It's impossible to take the ball away from him. Cristiano is a bigger player than me but, in terms of pure football, I honestly don't think so. Neymar, maybe."

www.goal.com/en-us/lists/eden-hazard-cristiano-ronaldo-pure-football-lionel-messi-is-the-greatest/blt2e3504070b3744c7
Was Hazard even elite at anything beyond dribbling and ball carrying? Surprised something so ludicrous would come out of a player as lazy and unambitious as he was.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Hazard: «If i wasn’t such a lazy unprofessional twat over the years, consistently showing up for pre-season overweight, i might have potentially turned out better than Ronaldo»

Great.

Alpha 1

I understand his point of view. He is talking about football that purists love, the dribbles, close control, and artistry. Ronaldo's success on the pitch has as much to do with athleticism as pure football.

So interms of "pure football " he says he is better which is not a lie. But the fact is that overall, everything being considered, Ronaldo, was the better footballer.

This can also apply to someone like Neymar.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I understand his point of view. He is talking about football that purists love, the dribbles, close control, and artistry. Ronaldo's success on the pitch has as much to do with athleticism as pure football.

So interms of "pure football " he says he is better which is not a lie. But the fact is that overall, everything being considered, Ronaldo, was the better footballer.

What now?

i can understand the likes of Neymar and Ronaldinho, but Hazard doesn’t surpass a 06/07 Ronaldo

Alpha 1

What now?

i can understand the likes of Neymar and Ronaldinho, but Hazard doesn’t surpass a 06/07 Ronaldo
I agree. 06/07 Cristiano, is for me, his best version despite inferior goal stats compared to subsequent seasons. Infact I'd argue that it is the best individual season I've seen from any United player and arguably any premier league player from a purist point of view. But that is the only season in isolation where his allround play was better then Hazard at his best.

As an overall package with his athleticism, off the ball movement and goalscoring obviously Ronaldo over Hazard any day.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I agree. 06/07 Cristiano, is for me, his best version despite inferior goal stats compared to subsequent seasons. Infact I'd argue that it is the best individual season I've seen from any United player and arguably any premier league player from a purist point of view. But that is the only season in isolation where his allround play was better then Hazard at his best.

As an overall package with his athleticism, off the ball movement and goalscoring obviously Ronaldo over Hazard any day.
I find it somewhat mental that Eden Hazard is being hyped up like this. Apparently he was the best player in the world, he just never showed it.

MrEleson

What’s “pure football” though? Is it just dribbling (literally the only thing Hazard can have a claim to having over Ronaldo despite Ronaldo not even being a slouch himself)?

Does that mean the likes of Ben Arfa and Adama Traore are better “pure footballers” than the likes of Xavi & Pirlo?
Why must football only be enjoyed in one way?

SambaBoy

I'd agree with this wrt Ronaldo. He was such a joy to watch.

He couldn't keep performing that way whilst maintaining the goalscoring record he reached in later seasons. The only person who has come close to that is Ronaldo himself and R9.

Alpha 1

I'd agree with this wrt Ronaldo. He was such a joy to watch.

He couldn't keep performing that way whilst maintaining the goalscoring record he reached in later seasons. The only person who has come close to that is Ronaldo himself and R9.
The likes of Messi, (so many of them) Ronaldinho (04 to 06) and R9 (96 to 98) have all had better seasons in terms of allround play than Cristiano 06/07.

But interms of the premier league, i think that was the best.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, we all knew this already, no?
Yes, in a way. I didn't know Chelsea were completely out of the picture. I always thought it was a 3 way race between Chelsea, United and City but he favoured the Manchester clubs because they both had CL football secured. I didn't know he had Tottenham above us in the pecking order too.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
That’s insulting to Hazard. Prime Hazard was the best player in the league for a few seasons.
He was. In 2019 and 2015 and arguably 2017 he was the best player in the league. But he could have been even more. Insane physical gifts combined with technical ability that would put Salah, Haaland etc to shame. He really could have been someone who narrowly missed out on a Ballon D'Or to the usual Messi/Ronaldo vote, and won CLs and stuff like that.

GiveItToGi...nowait

He was. In 2019 and 2015 and arguably 2017 he was the best player in the league. But he could have been even more. Insane physical gifts combined with technical ability that would put Salah, Haaland etc to shame. He really could have been someone who narrowly missed out on a Ballon D'Or to the usual Messi/Ronaldo vote, and won CLs and stuff like that.
Remember when Chelsea had prime Hazard and then went and bought Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Morata and Zapacosta to play with him :lol:

Playing with those donkeys he was basically a one man team.

mu4c_20le

His own fault for not pushing for a move to Madrid sooner, god knows why he stayed there playing in the Europa League.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Him and Pogba are #1 and #2 of "there, but not quite there" of what they could have really achieved with their ability.
Hazard is not a what might have been. Pogba is.