Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Found your answer yet you glory supporter? Why do you support Madrid?
I find people who go around labelling other football fans glory supporters tend to be really anal and hypocritical.

You say you’re from Manchester and maybe you are, maybe your mam conceived you on the Old Trafford pitch itself, it doesn’t really matter. How old are you pal? Because if you’re young enough that all you’ve just known is Fergie conquering left right and centre, then you’ve never really known lean times have you? And if you’re old enough that you remember being shit, then you’re too old to be gatekeeping who’s a real supporter and who isn’t.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Found your answer yet you glory supporter? Why do you support Madrid?
So you've made another hollow claim, and rather than backing it up, you come up with an absolutely irrelevant question with that stupid, condescending tone of yours? I'll pass.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This clearly isn’t the best hazard at all. Nowhere near. he looks a shadow of himself.

maybe he’s suffering with the pressure right now as it’s a different world than Chelsea, but he’s much better than what he’s shown.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I don't think that United represent something special for each of the thousands of Indians or Asians who support them.
I don't think there's a symbiosis or anything amazing.Maybe when they were kids they liked a certain player,or maybe simply they were the most successful team when they started watching football.
If he is happy supporting/being fan/following Madrid, which is the problem?
In what things are we vile in the political and social level?.
Don't know why are you even replying to that pile on nonsense.

Luke1995

Still early days but I wonder if he made the move too late ? He'll be 29 in January and it's not a great age for a winger who needs pace to do his dribbling.

Madrid plans to have a future with Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo and maybe Odegaard, so Hazard needs to find form soon if he is to stay there for many years.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He looks like he ate thorgan. Sort that out first and he will be fine.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I find people who go around labelling other football fans glory supporters tend to be really anal and hypocritical.

You say you’re from Manchester and maybe you are, maybe your mam conceived you on the Old Trafford pitch itself, it doesn’t really matter. How old are you pal? Because if you’re young enough that all you’ve just known is Fergie conquering left right and centre, then you’ve never really known lean times have you? And if you’re old enough that you remember being shit, then you’re too old to be gatekeeping who’s a real supporter and who isn’t.
Dunno about that mate, compared to the Fergie days these past few years have felt quite lean. :lol::nervous:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Dunno about that mate, compared to the Fergie days these past few years have felt quite lean. :lol::nervous:
Yeah fair point. Not a jab at any United supporters, more that it's easy to point the finger at someone who may have been drawn to a team initially by success, or their players, brand of football etc when you yourself were born in one of the great footballing cities.

Dec9003

Yeah fair point. Not a jab at any United supporters, more that it's easy to point the finger at someone who may have been drawn to a team initially by success, or their players, brand of football etc when you yourself were born in one of the great footballing cities.
Yeah thats fair enough, but as a counter point I was lucky enough to be born in a great footballing city, so everyone who wasn't is plastic. ;)

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
I mean, either way. I'm not sure a United internet forum is the best place to be attacking non-local Madrid fans for being glory hunters. He needs to learn to pick his battles and all that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He won’t have the freedom he has in Chelsea for sure. When player like Bale struggle in Real, won’t be easy life for Hazard there.

thepolice123

I feel like he's still getting used to his teammates ways of playing, there were times when he and Benzema got in each others way, occupying the same space. But I believe he will come good, he's too talented to fail, and people shouldn't expect too many goals, he was never about that in the 1st place.
Bigger talents have failed in Real. Hazard is no exception.

thepolice123

Any examples?
I can easily name a few just off the top of my head.

Sneijder, Robben, Kaka, Owen.

I don't get the angle where he's too talented to fail. I think Real Madrid's history with players have proven that you need more than just talent to succeed there.

Eric7C

I can easily name a few just off the top of my head.

Sneijder, Robben, Kaka, Owen.

I don't get the angle where he's too talented to fail. I think Real Madrid's history with players have proven that you need more than just talent to succeed there.
Fair enough.

I think the only problem for Madrid though is that, except for Kaka, they didn't pay big money for any of them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fans of the Real Madrid's of this world complaining about glory hunting non Spanish supporters crack me up. You think your club would be what it is now, without all the support from outside Madrid? You'd still be getting beaten to Euro cups by the likes of Feyenoord.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fans of the Real Madrid's of this world complaining about glory hunting non Spanish supporters crack me up. You think your club would be what it is now, without all the support from outside Madrid? You'd still be getting beaten to Euro cups by the likes of Feyenoord.
We can't all be despair-hunters like you :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We can't all be despair-hunters like you :D
We were actually still quite good when I was a kid. I'm contemplating switching my allegiance to Ajax now...

Disclaimer: I'd feel horrible without visually adding to this post that I will never ever switch to Ajax. Ever. Yuk. I feel dirty.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We were actually still quite good when I was a kid. I'm contemplating switching my allegiance to Ajax now...

Disclaimer: I'd feel horrible without visually adding to this post that I will never ever switch to Ajax. Ever. Yuk. I feel dirty.
I remember the good old days of Cruz and Tomasson, back when you always beat juventus in CL :drool:

thepolice123

You really think those are all bigger talents than Eden Hazard?
I think Kaka and Owen definitely. Kaka was the best player in the world and Owen a ballon d'Or winner. James is probably as talented as Hazard but struggling to find his position in football.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think Kaka and Owen definitely. Kaka was the best player in the world and Owen a ballon d'Or winner. James is probably as talented as Hazard but struggling to find his position in football.
I can see an argument for Kaka. Owen was a speed merchant and that's it. Once he could not outpace defenders, he was a mediocre forward for Newcastle.

Danilo? Woodgate? Drenthe? Nah, not for me. Crazy list.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I'm from Manchester.

The bold isn't stupid. If you're going to support a foreign club, I would expect it to be down to the club representing something you relate to. Everything Madrid represent on a political and social level is pretty vile if you know the first thing about the club.

You're reluctant to answer, because the reality is your reason is as shallow as "they're successful and sign all the best players."
And if you were from Cornwall you'd support Bodmin Town? Big clubs always hoover up most of the fans; almost everyone is a 'glory hunter' to some degree. Which is preferable to structuring your identity around being the right sort of fan of kicking a ball.

DWelbz19

It is a bit of a weird one. Even at his sparkling best, Hazard was a patchy player. Still, I expected him to hit the ground running a lot better than this.

At Chelsea he got leeway on it for a couple reasons:

1. He was comfortably the best player at Chelsea and often the only bright light in the past 5 years
2. For the neutral, he'd tend to turn it up in bigger games (especially against us) and everyone would have him in their top 5 in the league - deservedly, really.

I think as a player he just really has/had cruised by on his supreme talent. The fact that he waited so long to make the move to Madrid kind of puts it in perspective - he doesn't really live and breathe football like other elites do E.G: [Eden Hazard on whether or not the Ballon D'Or is an objective of his: "Absolutely not. I have 3 Ballons D'Or at home, they are my children." (FF)]

Fair enough, I guess.

Combine these aspects to a club who are in a real tactical mess, and you can see why he's struggling. Not sure how he comes up out of it. He certainly has the capacity in actual ability to do so. People saying he's not a fantastic dribbler and things like that are just being silly.

He's always been a fat cnut too.