Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

TheReligion

Abusive
That happened once. Now how many times did he run united ragged. Heck he even got herrera sent off in one game.
I don't really ever remember him running us ragged. Was never a best in the world category. Just a very good player. Went missing too often.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
I've missed the good old excuses from Hazard fans crying about Chelsea being this defensive minded side who parked the bus on a weekly basis, which held 'Eden' back..

As for his 'stats' last year.. lets use that key word context..

16 goals - 14 of those were against sides from 10th to 20th. 5 were against sides that got relegated and 4 pens.

15 assists - 11 were against bottom table sides. Even in the game against City, his two assists were from a corner and an overhit pass that went to Kante instead of Pedro. Is that something people are actually trying to hype from last year?

Funny that Conte was very defensive minded, yet under Sarri when Hazards numbers are being praised, they scored 1 more league goal than Contes second season, and 22 less than when they won the league under the 'extremely negative' Conte with 85 goals.

This guy actually won EL POTS and only scored 2 goals and hardly featured in the tournament. Laughable just like the excuses the Chelsea and Hazard fans produce.

I predicted Chelsea would hardly miss him and he would flop at Real. Obviously been injured but remember people claiming Chelsea outside top 8 without him and some claiming he would get 40+ goals/assists at Real this season.

WillianOut

Supports
Chelsea
I've missed the good old excuses from Hazard fans crying about Chelsea being this defensive minded side who parked the bus on a weekly basis, which held 'Eden' back..

As for his 'stats' last year.. lets use that key word context..

16 goals - 14 of those were against sides from 10th to 20th. 5 were against sides that got relegated and 4 pens.

15 assists - 11 were against bottom table sides. Even in the game against City, his two assists were from a corner and an overhit pass that went to Kante instead of Pedro. Is that something people are actually trying to hype from last year?

Funny that Conte was very defensive minded, yet under Sarri when Hazards numbers are being praised, they scored 1 more league goal than Contes second season, and 22 less than when they won the league under the 'extremely negative' Conte with 85 goals.

This guy actually won EL POTS and only scored 2 goals and hardly featured in the tournament. Laughable just like the excuses the Chelsea and Hazard fans produce.

I predicted Chelsea would hardly miss him and he would flop at Real. Obviously been injured but remember people claiming Chelsea outside top 8 without him and some claiming he would get 40+ goals/assists at Real this season.
Despite not quoting my response, this was obviously responding to numerous of the points I made so I’ll correct you on all of this as well. You can focus on who the goals he scored last season were against, but don’t they all often count the same as each other in the end? How about the two goals he scored against Arsenal in the EL final last season? How about the arguably MOTM performance against City where he set up 2 big chances, one mainly for Pedro when we were parking the bus and he was isolated up top? What about all the goals against top opponents in the years before? Also, how are you going to invalidate his assists against City cos one was a set peice and another was a pass across the box intended for anyone to get on the end of? The claims you have made are so ridiculously juvenile I don’t even know why I bother responding, but I’ll continue...

You made some vague point about how we always go on about how negative Conte is and compared his record for league goals to Sarri’s. Well yeah, we had a team full of title winning players in their prime playing football once a week, compared to a team of past their prime players trying to learn a completely new brand of football, obviously we weren’t going to score a shed load of goals.

Even so, linking back to how this relates to Hazard, Hazard still put up by far his best numbers under Sarri. It’s not just the system, it’s also the players you play with, and you’re never going to be helped as a winger who floats central when you have a wing back, Alonso, making underlapping runs, goal hanging. Sarri and Conte were both unreasonably persistent with him, but Sarri eventually learned and even before he did helped Hazard have more chances just by virtue of us actually trying to dominate games. As I said, don’t be surprised when he really starts to reach form when he’s back from injury and lights it up at the Euros.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Bale should be ahead of Hazard and Neymar.
He had spent half of that 5 years either injured or on the bench. Isco, Asensio, Lucas Vazquez were consistently picked over fit Bale throughout the years. In his 7 years at Real Madrid he only once played more than 30 league games in one season.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He had spent half of that 5 years either injured or on the bench. Isco, Asensio, Lucas Vazquez were consistently picked over fit Bale throughout the years. In his 7 years at Real Madrid he only once played more than 30 league games in one season.
Didn’t know we were judging their fitness.

For what it’s worth, Giggs only played more than 30 league games 7 times. In 24 seasons.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

Wow, just wow.
Neymar is undoubtedly more talented. He’s just so skittish.

He may be rickety, but Bale shows up.

One of the most underrated players on the planet. 4 CL titles don’t just land in someone’s lap. He’s unplayable on his day. All the talk of golf, injuries, it stops people appreciating what a truly world class player he is.

That 4 year run from his final year at Spurs, to his 3rd year at Real he was on a level that neither Hazard or Neymar have got near.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Didn’t know we were judging their fitness.

For what it’s worth, Giggs only played more than 30 league games 7 times. In 24 seasons.
It’s not only about fitness. He spent enough time on the bench being fit. It’s not even funny to say that he had been in the top-5 players of the last 5 years when he often failed to be a starter in his own team.

Modric, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema & Kroos were more influential in their success (although Bale had shined in the finals). Arguably Di Maria as well, although I’m not sure about that.

UnrelatedPsuedo

It’s not only about fitness. He spent enough time on the bench being fit. It’s not even funny to say that he had been in the top-5 players of the last 5 years when he often failed to be a starter in his own team.

Modric, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema & Kroos were more influential in their success (although Bale had shined in the finals). Arguably Di Maria as well, although I’m not sure about that.
True. But he was also in one of the best teams on the planet. Probably the best cup side.

Hazard had zero competition. Which admittedly is also a plus as he was self motivated.

But I’d take Bale over Hazard. Easily.

Canagel

The underrating of him is crazy on here, some even putting that crock Bale ahead of him have to be on a WUM. Hazard is in a different dimension to him, and reached higher levels than Mane, Salah and KdB who are also getting very overrated.

Last edited:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
The underrating of him is crazy on here, some even putting that crock Bale ahead of him have to be on a WUM. Hazard is in a different dimension to him, and reached higher levels than Mane, Salah and KdB who are also getting very overrated.
Salah reached over 40 goals in his best season, what was Hazards best ever season? Salah and Mane topped the scorers chart in the league last yr. Made back to back CL finals

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That 4 year run from his final year at Spurs, to his 3rd year at Real he was on a level that neither Hazard or Neymar have got near.
Nah. 14/15-16/17 Neymar was better than that. Take Bale's 3 best seasons (12/13-13/14-15/16) and it's close, but Neymar had a higher gear in him

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Neymar is undoubtedly more talented. He’s just so skittish.

He may be rickety, but Bale shows up.

One of the most underrated players on the planet. 4 CL titles don’t just land in someone’s lap. He’s unplayable on his day. All the talk of golf, injuries, it stops people appreciating what a truly world class player he is.

Bale never reached the heights Neymar hit and is still hitting. They're not even in the same stratosphere, I'm sorry. It was completely obvious that Neymar was a far better player when both played in La Liga. And to a lesser extent, the same goes for Hazard. Bale is a great player, no doubt, but Neymar and Hazard are Ballon D'Or material in a no Messi era.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard hasn't hit Bale's level though. Not in CL, not at a superclub, not even internationally. Bale's 2016 Euro > Hazard 2018 WC

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bale never reached the heights Neymar hit and is still hitting. They're not even in the same stratosphere, I'm sorry. It was completely obvious that Neymar was a far better player when both played in La Liga. And to a lesser extent, the same goes for Hazard. Bale is a great player, no doubt, but Neymar and Hazard are Ballon D'Or material in a no Messi era.
Hazard would have never got a Ballon Do'r, Neymar would have if he had stayed at Barca, moving to PSG was a massive mistake as now he has to win the CL for them, and with Mbappe competing with him it might be close who gets it.

Yes Hazard has the technical skills to make your draw drop, but game defining moments he sorely lacks - theres more to football than just technical ability, just as theres more to football than pace/power.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
In the past 10yrs, I will say Neymar is still the closest to the Messi/Ronaldo level (though a huge gulf) followed by Mbappe then the level of Salah, Mane, Bale Robben Suarez Lewandoski Aguero

Hazard is kind of on the Ribery, Nani Zlatan Reus level good players on their day but not consistent enough at the top level

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hazard would have never got a Ballon Do'r, Neymar would have if he had stayed at Barca, moving to PSG was a massive mistake as now he has to win the CL for them, and with Mbappe competing with him it might be close who gets it.

Yes Hazard has the technical skills to make your draw drop, but game defining moments he sorely lacks - theres more to football than just technical ability, just as theres more to football than pace/power.

I said in a no-Messi era ;) Neymar is still the best of the rest, true, but just take a look at the winners before Cristiano got his first one. Among them names like Figo or Rivaldo who were world class players but also not on Neymar's level.

He's got all the talent in the world and in a way that's why people underrate him, same with Neymar. They dislike their respective attitudes and thus downplay their performances. Trophies, like always, obviously also play a part (IMO the dumbest metric to judge an individual). If Bale hadn't won the CL with Madrid and played that final, people would call him a failure. And it's not even as if he was even close to being Madrid's most important player. Cristiano, Modric, Kroos, Marcelo, Ramos and even Casemiro played much bigger parts in it. Bale is probably on the same level of influence as Benzema and Isco during those campaigns.

Thing is, if Bale played in the same team as Neymar or Hazard for a sustained period, nobody would even think of calling him a better player.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Feel free to comment on these 'higher levels' and when they were achieved.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
@zehni see your point, I just think we're too far apart on our own opinions to ever come close to an agreement! :lol:

Though I would say a peak Bale/Hazard in the same team would be similar to Neymar/Mbappe - Neymar clearly the more technically gifted and Mbappe is explosive and direct - I know you're going to prefer Neymar while I prefer Mbappe, football is all about preferences.

Stiliyan

Supports
Real Madrid
Neymar is better than both Hazard and Bale. At the moment it is easy to say - Hazard is close to his peak and before his injury he was playing very well while watching Bale nowadays is real painful.
Overall evaluating their careers so fat Bale's goal scoring abilities and probably more important is the fact that he played for top club since 2013 give him an edge over Hazard. But he declined very early and depending of what Hazard can achieve in the following years, things can change.
Right now I prefer Hazard.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
How is he doing at Madrid?
Does it seem like they will still be in for Pogba?
He is injured. It took him a lot of time to start playing well but he managed to do so after some months. He showed great understanding with Benzema.

I don't think Pogba is a priority at the moment. Kroos, Odegaard, Valverde, Casemiro and possibly Camavinga and Van de Beek (I guess Modric will leave sooner or later) means midfield will be complete in years to come. It would be far more interesting for Madrid to focus on talented forwards.

Luke1995

He could still have one more big season in him like Van Persie had. 2020/21 season will be very important for him

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Looks like a flop at the moment
It was easy to see what was happening before he signed. Real Madrid fans have unrealistic expectations (see Bale, or even booing Ronaldo). So that was always going to be an obstacle.

Couple that with the fact that he isn’t the type of player to produce big numbers, that he isn’t the most disciplined (see weight issues). Then add to that the fact that he can be inconsistent and drift in and out of games, and it was a recipe for disaster.

Chelsea fans adored him for his dribbling and ability to do amazing things at times. He had reached cult status. He should have foreseen this himself, and maybe been more honest with himself about how hard he was really willing to work.

Coming back overweight after pre-season was naive in the extreme.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
1 goal all season, didn’t realise that until now. If he continues his bad form and injuries, who would Madrid sell him to?

Shark

@NotShark
He’s been a disaster of a signing for Madrid. Hazard never should have left the PL either.

bakalhau

Out until mid April at least.

Looks like the number 7 is cursed at Real Madrid

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
1 goal all season, didn’t realise that until now. If he continues his bad form and injuries, who would Madrid sell him to?
That's the point I made in an other thread, he barely played more than Pogba but the way things are reported you wouldn't think that a superstar like Hazard is having that type of season.

Josh 76

Eden Hazard had a couple of good season's in the PL, but when people start comparing him with Ronlado and Messi, it's laughable.