Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Varun

Staff
He had been flirting with them since 2015. It's a hefty fee but no-one could foresee his injury problems. He had been relatively injury free in his 7 years at Chelsea and he was coming off statistically his best season for Chelsea.
It's his weight that's the issue, not the ankle. Downright bizarre to turn up overweight 2 seasons in a row

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why is he the new Bale? Hazard deserves all the criticism he gets
That's why

Hazard is such a strange player. You finally get your big move to Madrid and you're clowning around instead of giving yourself the best chance.

cyberman

In the sense that he s Madrid favourite whipping boy now bale has left
That's why

Hazard is such a strange player. You finally get your big move to Madrid and you're clowning around instead of giving yourself the best chance.
But whipping boy is someone who is unfairly blamed for the faults of others.
Eden deserves all of this. Id say he has even gotten off lightly

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The people saying he turned up fat at Chelsea as an excuse don't have leg to stand on. You get such a big move to perhaps the most high pressure club in the world and don't have the sense of responsibility to turn up fit.
He had credit in the bank at Chelsea. Doesn't apply here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's his weight that's the issue, not the ankle. Downright bizarre to turn up overweight 2 seasons in a row
No, the ankle is the issue. Him turning up overweight is not unlike people being angry at Bale for playing golf

If Meunier didn't break his ankle nobody would be talking about his weight. He was real quality before the injury

Which is also why you don't spend big on 29 year olds. One big injury in his first season and we've already lost 1 year of what's left of his prime. To say nothing of the fact he seemingly still hasn't recovered from it

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
No, the ankle is the issue. Him turning up overweight is not unlike people being angry at Bale for playing golf

If Meunier didn't break his ankle nobody would be talking about his weight. He was real quality before the injury

Which is also why you don't spend big on 29 year olds. One big injury in his first season and we've already lost 1 year of what's left of his prime. To say nothing of the fact he seemingly still hasn't recovered from it
Another problem is I believe that was the third or fourth time he has fractured/broken that ankle. Essentially, his ankle is now held together by sticky tape and he is a player who has to play to stay fit. I personally do not see him getting back to his best.

Untd55

Is he overweight again? Seriously, the guy has retired in mind and body. He just wanted to live in Madrid while earning a nice fat cheque for a couple of seasons.

Varun

Staff
It would be bizarre if he didn't turn up overweight, he has always done it.

It's like buying a Ferrari and then complaining that it uses a lot of petrol.
:lol:

I was talking about the criticism he's getting. People wouldn't give him all this shit if he was professional and didn't turn up looking like he'd eaten Hazard after getting the move he'd been waiting for years

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Why is he the new Bale? Hazard deserves all the criticism he gets
Yeah, Bale's professionalism is something remarkable, despite getting injured a lot, and would never pull something like turning overweight 2 seasons in a row. That goes without mention that Bale actually performed for Real Madrid and with Hazard the criticism is justified.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Muscle injury in right leg? Meaning what exactly...? Rather a curt statement to put it mildy!

Great transfer this has turned out to be €100m+ down the drain essentially. Thanks Real Madrid...

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
"The Madrid media have a new Gareth Bale, and he's called Eden Hazard. "

I really wonder if Bale ever refuse to train, miss training, turn up late for it, or refuse to play for the team. This basically implied Bale was unprofessional. Zidane not picking Bale or James for games is on him. He may thought they were not good enough to start but you just can't use wording like this to insult players.

The golf thing is stupid. He golfs at his own spare time. MJ golf too. Unless because of the wages i wonder why would anyone want to play for Real Madrid and Barelona with the way how they respect players, even Messi and Suarez are not spared.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

I really wonder if Bale ever refuse to train, miss training, turn up late for it, or refuse to play for the team. This basically implied Bale was unprofessional. Zidane not picking Bale or James for games is on him. He may thought they were not good enough to start but you just can't use wording like this to insult players.
Totally agree, Bale always acted like a professional and this is more an insult to Bale than it is to Hazard. If they're trying to say Hazard is a flop the criticism is understandable but this situation is more reminiscent to Kaka, in terms of fitness, but again Kaká also wasn't unprofessional like Hazard.

United58

The golf thing is stupid. He golfs at his own spare time. MJ golf too. Unless because of the wages i wonder why would anyone want to play for Real Madrid and Barelona with the way how they respect players, even Messi and Suarez are not spared.
The problem with Bale was that many people said the golfing exacerbated his hip injuries - not sure how true it is for him, but I went to school with a guy who played golf and it was very bad for him and his dodgy hip

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The problem with Bale was that many people said the golfing exacerbated his hip injuries - not sure how true it is for him, but I went to school with a guy who played golf and it was very bad for him and his dodgy hip
We know Bale is still playing golf on his spare time right now, and as a professional football player I expect he knows what he is doing for his career.

Edit
My main point actually is the way how Real Madrid and Barcelona treat people, even the legends like Messi, Suaerz and Bale (he contributed on winning 4CL so yes he is a legend for RM) are not spared. They treat people without respect is my point.

United58

We know Bale is still playing golf on his spare time right now, and as a professional football player I expect he knows what he is doing for his career.
Players aren't always 100% diligent with their regimes, though - look at Zidane/Bernardo Silva and their smoking, Rooney and his pints, Hazard and his pies etc.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Great bit of business its turning out to be for us. Love Hazard to bits and really wished he did well at Madrid. If it's true he only signed a 3yr deal with Madrid I'd take him back in summer 2022 in a heartbeat. He can drown in burgers here for all I care.

Needham

Great bit of business its turning out to be for us. Love Hazard to bits and really wished he did well at Madrid. If it's true he only signed a 3yr deal with Madrid I'd take him back in summer 2022 in a heartbeat. He can drown in burgers here for all I care.
Sounds like you'd tap up that ass.

Makelele

Getting kicked up and down in the most physical league in the world for 7 straight years, is bound to create some issues down the line. I believe Hazard has consistently been one of the most fouled players in Europe for a very long time. In retrospect, these injuries shouldn't really be a huge surprise.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Timo Werner now has as many Champions League goals as Eden Hazard.
I don't get all this Eden Hazard criticism...

His experience will be very welcome for Real Madrid in Europa League.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC

Hope he stays fit now for a while (for the sake of our NT)

Jericho

He's almost the opposite of Ronaldo now. Where Ronaldo's mentality drives him on to be the best he can possibly be, Hazard just sabotages himself.