Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Luke1995

He's too old. Over the past few years our transfer policy has focused almost exclusively on players either about to enter their prime or those who are clearly pre-prime. Thiago Silva is an obvious exception but as there was no fee that was considered acceptable in terms of risk given his pedigree.
What about Fabregas ? He wasn't exactly in his prime when he was signed. But I can see why signing Hazard would be a risk. His recent injury record is worrying.

Luke1995

Also, Real Madrid fans usually don't have too much patience when a new player don't show results straight away, so maybe the environment is bad for Hazard right now, given the pressure.

Well, if his dream was to play for Madrid, ,he should know that the pressure would come though...

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Has he really been that bad? :lol:
How come? He was unbelievable for Chelsea.
This is when I love when people say junk like “oh so and so would never cut it in the prem” meanwhile guys who dominated in the prem can barely cut it in la liga. Coutinho is another example.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Also, Real Madrid fans usually don't have too much patience when a new player don't show results straight away, so maybe the environment is bad for Hazard right now, given the pressure.

Well, if his dream was to play for Madrid, ,he should know that the pressure would come though...
hazard is constantly out of shape, that’s not pressure that’s laziness. They got rid of one albatross contract of a player who doesn’t care at all in Bale for another one in Hazard.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He suffered a devastating injury on an ankle that had already suffered a devastating injury in the past. He's probably physically crocked, permanently. That's it

Dorris

This is when I love when people say junk like “oh so and so would never cut it in the prem” meanwhile guys who dominated in the prem can barely cut it in la liga. Coutinho is another example.
Coutinho had 6 months of quality in the prem, the rest was averageness scattered with a few worldies that skewed people’s opinions on him. He was nowhere near Hazards level.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's been worse than Sanchez, for sure.
They literally lost Ronaldo and replaced him with another Bale, absolutely crazy.
Worse than Bale. We've played 76 games so far with him. He was out injured for 38

Last edited:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Well maybe because he's a washed out player who lost all motivation? It is obviously not guaranteed a player does well in stronger league and can't do better in other lower leagues and vica versa but EPL, not only for the quality but intensity can cause players decline pretty quickly at some age. Rooney with his physically very demanding style peaked around 25/26 then started a steep decline, Sanchez in the best season for Arsenal at 27/28, also pretty reliant on speed and power. Hazard is a similar story imo, he's now 30 and EPL just sucked him out a lot. Also all those players were main players in their teams.

Going to Madrid is a specific situation too, you no longer are the only star man of the team so, you don't happen to get to the ball as much as before. Naturally you might lose confidence because of that and motivation if you're lazy fecker like Hazard. For him going to Madrid he must have thought he's done it and only shows how unfit he showed up. Also their ageing squad who won it all meant noonereally worked harde nough for the star players like it was at CHelsea for him.

No wonder they are where they are with a manager who solely motivational one and has no real system to clutch at when things go bad. Griezmann as a transfer withing the league is another example, a player who peaked and really became one of many in an aging/no longer top squad build around walking Messi.

I think we will see that more players peak early and fail at bigger stage because of what I mentioned. Football is phisycally and mentally more demanding than ever. Only the best will last longer on top.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well maybe because he's a washed out player who lost all motivation? It is obviously not guaranteed a player does well in stronger league and can't do better in other lower leagues and vica versa but EPL, not only for the quality but intensity can cause players decline pretty quickly at some age. Rooney with his physically very demanding style peaked around 25/26 then started a steep decline, Sanchez in the best season for Arsenal at 27/28, also pretty reliant on speed and power. Hazard is a similar story imo, he's now 30 and EPL just sucked him out a lot. Also all those players were main players in their teams.

Going to Madrid is a specific situation too, you no longer are the only star man of the team so, you don't happen to get to the ball as much as before. Naturally you might lose confidence because of that and motivation if you're lazy fecker like Hazard. For him going to Madrid he must have thought he's done it and only shows how unfit he showed up. Also their ageing squad who won it all meant noonereally worked harde nough for the star players like it was at CHelsea for him.

No wonder they are where they are with a manager who solely motivational one and has no real system to clutch at when things go bad. Griezmann as a transfer withing the league is another example, a player who peaked and really became one of many in an aging/no longer top squad build around walking Messi.

I think we will see that more players peak early and fail at bigger stage because of what I mentioned. Football is phisycally and mentally more demanding than ever. Only the best will last longer on top.
Nope. All of this is bullshit.

Hazard is injured. That's all there is to it. The longest he went without getting injured was 2 months - and not for nothing he was actually looking great before that next injury.

TheReligion

Abusive
He suffered a devastating injury on an ankle that had already suffered a devastating injury in the past. He's probably physically crocked, permanently. That's it
I don't think he was ever as good as people thought anyway to be honest. Not in the same league as the very best like Ronaldo.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Are you OK?
Yeah sure im fine, are you ok?. Anyone who thinks Fernandinho has been better than Hazard cant be ok. I mean the reasons you gave for Fernandinho over Hazard could literally be used for Walker and Zinchenko. Surely you have a better reason to give?.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Hazard is injured. That's all there is to it. The longest he went without getting injured was 2 months - and not for nothing he was actually looking great before that next injury.
I said at the beginning of the season he was looking more and more like a new Kaka case, a once great player who turns out to be unrecoverable.

I just don't see anything to make me think different after all these months. If he keeps on like this, the best strikeforce will be something like Asensio-Benzema-Lucas and that's very concerning itself.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Kaka in his last and worst year scored and assisted around double than hazard in one year and a half.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yeah sure im fine, are you ok?. Anyone who thinks Fernandinho has been better than Hazard cant be ok. I mean the reasons you gave for Fernandinho over Hazard could literally be used for Walker and Zinchenko. Surely you have a better reason to give?.
How can they?

The ability of Fernandhino to stop City being overrun in midfield playing Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Silva and KDB is crazy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kaka in his last and worst year scored and assisted around double than hazard in one year and a half.
Kaka played in 27 games in his last and worst season. Hazard has played in 32 in total. Kaka didn't get injured literally every 4 games...

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Coutinho had 6 months of quality in the prem, the rest was averageness scattered with a few worldies that skewed people’s opinions on him. He was nowhere near Hazards level.
no, but he was better than just 6 months in the prem and still very good for liverpool.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
no, but he was better than just 6 months in the prem and still very good for liverpool.
He was good, but I think everyone who had watched him over the years were pretty much amazed at how much Barcelona spent on him, he was never worth that.

GodlovesUnited

He was good, but I think everyone who had watched him over the years were pretty much amazed at how much Barcelona spent on him, he was never worth that.
Only 6 months is an overstatement, but I’d agree he was always a moments player who relied on scoring from range to impact games. Hazard’s CV based on his performances at Lille, Chelsea, and in the most recent World Cup was more impressive at the time of his transfer.

They’ve both been disappointing, but with Hazard, at least you can say his failure has been down to injuries.

dinostar77

Madrid willing to part ways with Hazard, even offering him to PSG in their attempts to land Mbappe. Chelsea did a number on Madrid getting €150mil off them. Really hasn't lived up to expectations at Madrid.

Cloud7

United fans are a weird bunch sometimes. Hazard was arguably the best left winger in the PL of the last decade.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
As much as I love him, this place went as far as saying he and Bale were as good or could do better than Cristiano. Both have failed dismally to even lace Ronaldo's boots. Shows you how much "dribbling" is overrated in Football really.
At this point is even a disservice to Bale to compare him with Hazard, at least their time as Real Madrid players. Even Kaka did better than he was done so far but let's see if he can turn it around and although I'm not super optimistic I do want him to become good for us.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What about Fabregas ? He wasn't exactly in his prime when he was signed. But I can see why signing Hazard would be a risk. His recent injury record is worrying.
Actually Cesc was signed when he'd just turned 27 - very much in his prime. Hazard is 30 and has years and years of being the most fouled player in Europe whilst he was at Chelsea. Between that and his cavalier approach to fitness he was always likely to age poorly.

RooneyLegend

There were a lot of theories as to why he wouldn't be great for Madrid and it seems those naysayers are going to stick to their reasoning no matter what has transpired.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

All these excuses. The only thing is Hazard does not have the talent level to be handed the keys to Madrid

Hazard is not more talented than Kroos, Modric, Ramos Bale Benzema Marcelo Cortouis who had to do donkey work at Madrid, Hazard is used to operating in a team where everyone does the hard work and they pass to him to do whatever he wants
At Chelsea Kante will work and pass the ball to Hazard who tries a few tricks if it does work and he loses the ball, Kante/Matic repeats the sequence again. In Madrid he won't get that level of respect and deference. Currently, only CR7, Messi and probably Neymar would get that type of pass

Being in a star in EPL is a different ball game from being in Barca Madrid, Bale that was treated like trash was EPL best player twice. Fabregas too couldnt survive

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Madrid willing to part ways with Hazard, even offering him to PSG in their attempts to land Mbappe. Chelsea did a number on Madrid getting €150mil off them. Really hasn't lived up to expectations at Madrid.
Biggest transfer bust of all time? He has done feck all.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All these excuses. The only thing is Hazard does not have the talent level to be handed the keys to Madrid

Hazard is not more talented than Kroos, Modric, Ramos Bale Benzema Marcelo Cortouis who had to do donkey work at Madrid, Hazard is used to operating in a team where everyone does the hard work and they pass to him to do whatever he wants
At Chelsea Kante will work and pass the ball to Hazard who tries a few tricks if it does work and he loses the ball, Kante/Matic repeats the sequence again. In Madrid he won't get that level of respect and deference. Currently, only CR7, Messi and probably Neymar would get that type of pass

Being in a star in EPL is a different ball game from being in Barca Madrid, Bale that was treated like trash was EPL best player twice. Fabregas too couldnt survive
Again. How that did any of that impact Meunier breaking his foot, then suffering an injury on an ankle already kept together by a titanium plate(requiring surgery), only getting back post-lockdown and from there getting injured every other week? Hazard played 5 games in a row twice in the summer, and never so far this season. He literally can't stay fit for more than 5 games right now

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I wonder what it is with world class players falling off a cliff. Kaka, Bale, Sanchez, Hazard, Torres, etc.

It must be mental right? Like, they must be so assured of their ability to dominate players and then lose so much of that drive once they get demotivated/realise their body no longer allows them to do it.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Hazard is clearly very talented and was great for Chelsea but not sure he was ever seriously compared to Ronaldo. I believe even Chelsea fans had to admit after a while that he didn’t have Ronaldo’s mentality and desire to be the best. Ronaldo after one of his rare injuries turned up at Madrid training ground around 4 in the morning whereas Hazard regularly turns up overweight.