Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Edu Aguirre is from the chiringuito but in this case I think it could be truth. He is not hammering all day with exclusives. Since he is a friend of Cristiano he tries to be a more serious journalist
It's a failed marriage. It suits both parties to separate. Real Madrid have a problem on their hands though, because no serious club is going to go anywhere near him unless it's a loan or free transfer. He's at rock bottom in his career.

Gonçalo Motta

Pretty sure Chelsea doesn't want him neither at this point. They got his best years and then sold him for a 100M. They probably didn't expect him to decline that fast but it was a smart move.

Buying McHazard back wouldn't make sense for them now.

crossy1686

career ending
Pretty sure Chelsea doesn't want him neither at this point. They got his best years and then sold him for a 100M. They probably didn't expect him to decline that fast but it was a smart move.

Buying McHazard back wouldn't make sense for them now.
Gonna be a loan move with an option to buy surely? Ala Bale

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would Chelsea want him ?
I know he's a legend with the fans but head rules over heart in this instance, unless there's a Bale-esq deal in the offering here.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This Hazard transfer is another reason why Florentino should not be President of Madrid. This is just Bale mk2.

At the moment Florentino's narrative is: Madrid is in big trouble and needs a European Super League to compete with the money in the Premier League and at PSG. However, that's just not true. Madrid (and Barcelona) have wasted money, pretty much as badly or worse than we have since Sir Alex retired.

Madrid spent £319m before the 2019-20 season. Of Hazard, Jovic, Militao, Mendy, Rodrygo etc how many have actually proven to be value for money?

Its not the case that Florentino hasn't had the funds. Its that he's wasted them. Madrid has a healthy income, it just has a President who wants to spend like a sovereign state without being one.

If Florentino wants to fix Madrid the best thing he could do this summer is sign Luis Campos or Monchi. Get someone who can divert the vast resources of the club properly.

Gonçalo Motta

Pretty sure that RM wants to avoid / can't afford another Bale situation and be stuck with the wages of another loaned player. Based on reports, his wages and Bale's combined are at around 1.1M

MLS could be an option since I can't see Hazard bouncing back to a level good enough for a team that is competing for major titles.

Way too injury prone these days and lacks the mentality to get back to a top level imo.

Last edited:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
They aren't rated because they can/could dribble, they are rated because of everything they brought to the game. And yeah, there's a tendency to overrate dribbling.
The Ronaldo vs Messi is a good example of that, one decided to sacrifice dribbling from his game, the other used/uses dribbling to create dangerous opportunities. In the end, both had/have a similar output in terms of game effectiveness.

Being a great dribbler doesn't make you a great player, the same way not being a great dribbler doesn't make you a bad player.

I really like Hazard but based on his current performances, he would struggle to be in the first eleven of any mid-table team. Between injuries and lack of dedication, he's barely a shadow of the player he once was
Missed this one but it’s a terrible post TBH.

There’s a tendency to overrate dribbling? What does that even mean? When a player receives the ball, he can do three things with it: pass, dribble or shoot. This is basic stuff. Now there’s people like your good self trying to claim that one of these three fundamentals doesn’t actually matter that much. I mean……

Sure, being a great dribbler doesn’t make you a great player if you can’t pass and shoot/finish, but it makes you at the very least a good (and dangerous) player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: :lol: He's not even played for them yet has he!?
If we divide his transfer fee by the number of appearances we get about 3M per game, plus whatever they're paying him per week. Extremely costly flop.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Chelsea win on Saturday, could we get another one of these? :D

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Would Chelsea spend big to bring him back? I guess that would mean quite a few would leave?
I can't see it happening at all. I love Hazard but Tuchel likes hard workers and that's not Eden.

I do think quite a few will leave as Tuchel will want to bring in a least a couple of players he wants (and our squad is massive).

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This Hazard transfer is another reason why Florentino should not be President of Madrid. This is just Bale mk2.

At the moment Florentino's narrative is: Madrid is in big trouble and needs a European Super League to compete with the money in the Premier League and at PSG. However, that's just not true. Madrid (and Barcelona) have wasted money, pretty much as badly or worse than we have since Sir Alex retired.

Madrid spent £319m before the 2019-20 season. Of Hazard, Jovic, Militao, Mendy, Rodrygo etc how many have actually proven to be value for money?

Its not the case that Florentino hasn't had the funds. Its that he's wasted them. Madrid has a healthy income, it just has a President who wants to spend like a sovereign state without being one.

If Florentino wants to fix Madrid the best thing he could do this summer is sign Luis Campos or Monchi. Get someone who can divert the vast resources of the club properly.
They didn't spend so much.
Militao can be a good CB and he paid 40 for each brazilian. Not so much and could get the money back easily

Gonçalo Motta

Missed this one but it’s a terrible post TBH.

There’s a tendency to overrate dribbling? What does that even mean? When a player receives the ball, he can do three things with it: pass, dribble or shoot. This is basic stuff. Now there’s people like your good self trying to claim that one of these three fundamentals doesn’t actually matter that much. I mean……

Sure, being a great dribbler doesn’t make you a great player if you can’t pass and shoot/finish, but it makes you at the very least a good (and dangerous) player.
The post itself is explanatory enough. You completely failed to the point and decided to comment stuff I never said.

But btw, if you can't pass or shoot how being a great dribbler makes you a good and dangerous player ? :confused: I fail to see where dribbling 3 players but not having the ability to make a proper pass or shoot makes you dangerous. It would be a great show though, pointless but great.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Militao and Mendy are both good value for money. Hard to assess Vinicius and (especially) Rodrygo because of their age; their end product isn't there yet but they contribute. Hazard was a megaflop, but due to injuries. I would have a hard time blaming anyone for that, be it president, manager, or player. Jovic flopped pretty terribly.

The real problem is that the previous three summers failed to add anyone important to the squad (barely even tried) so the club was quite sensitive to any of these signings failing.

Tallis

Militao and Mendy are both good value for money. Hard to assess Vinicius and (especially) Rodrygo because of their age; their end product isn't there yet but they contribute. Hazard was a megaflop, but due to injuries. I would have a hard time blaming anyone for that, be it president, manager, or player. Jovic flopped pretty terribly.

The real problem is that the previous three summers failed to add anyone important to the squad (barely even tried) so the club was quite sensitive to any of these signings failing.
I agree with that. In some ways, the problem has been that RM haven’t invested enough in the squad for the last 5 years or so. They had that big summer of spending but otherwise think they have mostly underinvested.

Gonçalo Motta

I agree with that. In some ways, the problem has been that RM haven’t invested enough in the squad for the last 5 years or so. They had that big summer of spending but otherwise think they have mostly underinvested.
They invested enough but invested in the wrong players

19/20 - 355M spent
18/19 - 162.5M spent
17/18 - 40.5M spent
16/17 - 30M spent

Total - 588M

They won the Champions in both the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons.

Almost 600M in around 5 years is more than enough if you get the right replacements.

They don't have proper replacements for Benzema, Kroos, Modric and Ramos and failed to replace Ronaldo.

Most of the players they bought were complete failures.

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Never struck me as having the mentality to be among the very best. Too laid back. The top pros, have that drive. That obsession, they are almost sociopaths. This guy doesn't fancy the pressure of playing for Madrid.
Yup, and it was obvious even before he went there. He's absolutely the wrong personality type for the Bernabeu, and they should have been able to figure that out for themselves. He's a player that needs a supportive, forgiving environment, where if he goes off form for short periods the manager and fans stay behind him and keep giving him figurative pats on the head and encouragement. If he's happy he's a genius on the pitch, if he's miserable he's a lazy bastard who gives you next to nothing.

He's far and away the most talented player we ever had, but I was really torn when he left. We had quite literally built the entire team around him, which showed with that insane stat from his last season that he contributed HALF of all the goals and assists in the team. That's insane, and it struck me as deeply unhealthy. It also felt like we weren't really moving forward that much as a team. But my god watching him destroy teams with just pure individual skill was a beautiful, beautiful thing to watch. I'm not sure I want him back, but a little part of me does very much.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yup, and it was obvious even before he went there. He's absolutely the wrong personality type for the Bernabeu, and they should have been able to figure that out for themselves. He's a player that needs a supportive, forgiving environment, where if he goes off form for short periods the manager and fans stay behind him and keep giving him figurative pats on the head and encouragement. If he's happy he's a genius on the pitch, if he's miserable he's a lazy bastard who gives you next to nothing.

He's far and away the most talented player we ever had, but I was really torn when he left. We had quite literally built the entire team around him, which showed with that insane stat from his last season that he contributed HALF of all the goals and assists in the team. That's insane, and it struck me as deeply unhealthy. It also felt like we weren't really moving forward that much as a team. But my god watching him destroy teams with just pure individual skill was a beautiful, beautiful thing to watch. I'm not sure I want him back, but a little part of me does very much.
I'd take him back just to experience 10% of his old self one last time.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
The worst transfer in Real Madrid history and one of the worst in general. Can't wait to see him go.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Never struck me as having the mentality to be among the very best. Too laid back. The top pros, have that drive. That obsession, they are almost sociopaths. This guy doesn't fancy the pressure of playing for Madrid.
During his time at Chelsea though he was one of the very best. Thats why Real Madrid paid what they did for him. He just came off an 18 goals an 18 assist season in the premier league, topping nearly every individual stat going and had a very good world cup. Plenty of top players failed at Real Madrid including Robben. Robben was still one of the very best in the world in his position.

Hackman2210

I’d love to say Real Madrid’s transfer policies have been a disaster but then I remember all the ECLs they’ve won. Still Bale and Hazard - £200mil that they will get very little return on. Could be a few years in the wilderness coming up for the meringues.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
It's ridiculously disrespectful to Bale to put him alongside Hazard, they're not comparable at all in terms of what they've contributed to Madrid.

I’d love to say Real Madrid’s transfer policies have been a disaster but then I remember all the ECLs they’ve won. Still Bale and Hazard - £200mil that they will get very little return on. Could be a few years in the wilderness coming up for the meringues.
dont lump Bale in with Hazard. It’s like saying Rooney and Sanchez were both poor signings because they lost their legs at the end. You are ignoring how good Bale was for 4-5 years.