Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if people actually believe that kind of drivel when they write it out.
It's not exactly controversial ffs. The guy has insane amounts of talent and ability, but lacked the mental drive to push all the way to the top. His best was as good as anyone not called Messi, but he just didn't push that final mile to really achieve everything he could have. Him coming back from every summer break overweight proves exactly that. In all honesty (and it pains me to say this as a Chelsea fan) the fact he stayed with us through a period where we often weren't seriously challenging also reinforces that point.

justsomebloke

It's not exactly controversial ffs. The guy has insane amounts of talent and ability, but lacked the mental drive to push all the way to the top. His best was as good as anyone not called Messi, but he just didn't push that final mile to really achieve everything he could have. Him coming back from every summer break overweight proves exactly that. In all honesty (and it pains me to say this as a Chelsea fan) the fact he stayed with us through a period where we often weren't seriously challenging also reinforces that point.
The combination of limited commitment to fitness, age, injury history and cost makes him an absolute no-no to me. At age 25, that combination is maybe not a dealbreaker, but at his age it most certainly is. He seems a classic example of a player whose class won't last into his thirties, and who also doesn't bring the kind of intangibles that makes, say, Juan Mata worth keeping around.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He was an exceptional player but still far off the ability of both.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He was an exceptional player but still far off the ability of both.
Hazard in full form was breaktakingly good. He was literally able to demolish teams single handedly. If he had the dedication to try and maintain that kind of form on a consistent basis, he'd absolutely have been up there.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like his Real Madrid career is over. Bottom of the pecking order behind a bunch of players, including guys like Asensio.

Both player and club are supposedly looking for a loan move in January. Chelsea, Newcastle and Juventus have been named as the interested parties.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
New Newcastle player. Imagine Hazard in black and white! Juve would be a great fit as well.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
New Newcastle player. Imagine Hazard in black and white! Juve would be a great fit as well.
Newcastle are getting Bournemouth players this window. Absolutely no chance in hell they will get a single big name in January. If they stay up the summer window could be a little more interesting.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Right, newcastle! They could get Hazard...hopefully

TheLiverBird

Zaha
Bale
Hazard

Wouldn’t be a terrible window for Newcastle (obviously not happening of course)

I hated Hazard at Chelsea, but only because he was so game changingly brilliant, fallen off a cliff at Real, in a sport where we like seeing brilliance, it is ashame too see tbh

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like his Real Madrid career is over. Bottom of the pecking order behind a bunch of players, including guys like Asensio.

Both player and club are supposedly looking for a loan move in January. Chelsea, Newcastle and Juventus have been named as the interested parties.
Genuinely dont think he'd join another prem side

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Never had the drive or commitment to be up there with the best in world, had the skill and ability but not the mindset.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Never had the drive or commitment to be up there with the best in world, had the skill and ability but not the mindset.
I mean, Hazard has been one of the best players in the world. He wasn't the best but people are exaggerating a little bit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I always found this really weird. It was his 'dream' like Cristiano's, but he looks like he never give a shit since joining there.

I know he had some injury problems, but I just can't believe the difference between him at Chelsea and this guy now. So weird.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He's out, I'd think.

The last time Ancelotti joined RM, he was immediately asked to politely tell Kaká to feck off. They couldn't do that to Hazard this summer due to lack of signings, but I'd imagine that after Vinicius Jr. started becoming productive, Carlo was told what's what.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's out, I'd think.

The last time Ancelotti joined RM, he was immediately asked to politely tell Kaká to feck off. They couldn't do that to Hazard this summer due to lack of signings, but I'd imagine that after Vinicius Jr. started becoming productive, Carlo was told what's what.
Can't think of too many big clubs wanting him.

Maybe a new "project" like Newcastle or back to Chelsea. Or even PSG.

KeanoMagicHat

Isn't it far worse, they spent hundreds of millions in transfer fee, he has a higher wage and he did even less.
It's weird too because Hazard left Chelsea after one of his best ever seasons and was man of the match in the Europa League final. By comparison the signs with Alexis Sanchez were there before he signed in January, he'd been poor for Arsenal for 4 months.

JPRouve

Scout
It's weird too because Hazard left Chelsea after one of his best ever seasons and was man of the match in the Europa League final. By comparison the signs with Alexis Sanchez were there before he signed in January, he'd been poor for Arsenal for 4 months.
I wouldn't call it strange because Hazard had his annual summer ballooning but this time he also started the season with an hamstring injury and then a few months later a broken foot. While one couldn't predict when the wheels would come off, it was always going to happen at some point, the thing that saved his career was his durability and he lost it. It's also worth remembering that Hazard has been playing heavy minutes since he is 17 years old, he is one of the wonderkids.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He's out, I'd think.

Its telling that even now that he is fit, Ancelotti barely plays him, which i think is the correct decision btw, trying to shoehorn this version of Hazard into the team is a waste of time.

Ancelotti recognizes a finished player when he sees one, it seems.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Can't think of too many big clubs wanting him.

Maybe a new "project" like Newcastle or back to Chelsea. Or even PSG.
Can't see us taking him back, unless Roman is feeling sentimental. Our teams used to be built around him to get the best out of him during his prime, and there's feck all chance of Tuchel doing that with current Hazard. I just don't think you can stick Eden in our current setup and expect anything positive to come out of it.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's out, I'd think.

Doesn't Hazard make €25-30m a year?

The most I would be willing to bid for him is a Gareth Bale 1 year loan with Real paying 50% of his salary.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I mean, Hazard has been one of the best players in the world. He wasn't the best but people are exaggerating a little bit.
Maybe was a bit harsh, he was one of the worlds best, probably sub consciously comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo and lets face it no one is near that level and might not be for years to come.

JPRouve

Scout
Maybe was a bit harsh, he was one of the worlds best, probably sub consciously comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo and lets face it no one is near that level and might not be for years to come.
It's normal, we all do that. I think that people still underestimate the height that the likes of Ribéry, Robben, Rooney, Suarez and Hazard reached. We have been spoiled with Ronaldo and Messi.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Time to bring him bring him home. If only his club would release him and let him go :D

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s hard not to say that was an absolutely cracking piece of business from Chelsea.

Sign him, reaches club legend status, sell for a massive profit when he is physically spent.

Irwin99

Was it just injuries that ruined him or were there other issues? He was pretty much bossing the premier league when he was at Chelsea and I think some coach even said he could be Messi/Ronaldo level in terms of goals if he applied himself a bit more (or something to that effect).

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Was it just injuries that ruined him or were there other issues? He was pretty much bossing the premier league when he was at Chelsea and I think some coach even said he could be Messi/Ronaldo level in terms of goals if he applied himself a bit more (or something to that effect).
Definitely injuries.

But yes he didn’t have a elite mentality like a Ronaldo. He was a Rooney mentality of “I’m good, I’m rich. Let’s indulge in cigarettes and burgers. Who cares”. Both players might not have been Ronaldo level but they both could and should have done more, they just never had that mindset to take them up that extra level.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is aging and his physical attributes regressed. He didn't change his style of play to adjust so he is no longer the player he was. He is lazy in training and doesn't take good care of his body as well. He is finished as a winger or forward.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He fought a lot to leave Chelsea and forced the move

Like Ronaldo at United
He left in the end with the fans' blessing. We all knew Real Madrid had been his dream since he was a child. He gave us 7 wonderful seasons filled with success and joyful entertainment. I'm a sentimental guy. I love Eden Hazard and I would bring him home without hesitation.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He left in the end with the fans' blessing. We all knew Real Madrid had been his dream since he was a child. He gave us 7 wonderful seasons filled with success and joyful entertainment. I'm a sentimental guy. I love Eden Hazard and I would bring him home without hesitation.
Plus if we have someone out wide who can actually beat a man that'd be a breath of fresh air!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Feeling sentimental about Mata and Matic?