Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I understand his face. It must be difficult for a player to fake joy when you haven't played a minute in two games.
For several games I have forgotten about him.
When there is a substitution I think of Rodrygo or I am curious to see Jovic but not Hazard.
This year when he has played I have seen him moving a lot, asking for the ball, trying to be the protagonist but he has not done anything special that justifies being on the team. He is not going to recover Vini's position.
He earns a lot so going out in January would not be easy.
In his day I laughed at Coutinho and Dembelé but I think he is by far the worst price/performance signing in the history of Madrid

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Was it just injuries that ruined him or were there other issues? He was pretty much bossing the premier league when he was at Chelsea and I think some coach even said he could be Messi/Ronaldo level in terms of goals if he applied himself a bit more (or something to that effect).
Probably the LA Liga was a step too high for him and he could only cope in the EPL just like Coutinho

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Probably the LA Liga was a step too high for him and he could only cope in the EPL just like Coutinho
Yeah, the EPL is kind of a fraud league as it seems. Many players who try to make the next step fail. Elite clubs should be careful buying from them. Just last season we had a similar experience when Demarai Gray couldn't cut it at a foreign top club.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
One of those transfers I never understood at all. This was doomed from the beginning. Hazard never looked like he wanted to be there and Real were always ill advised spending that much on a guy who’s already spent his best years somewhere else.
Terrible deal for everyone except Chelsea.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't want him back (unless they offer a Lukaku swap). He's done and it will only serve to give the muppets who thought he wasn't all that in his prime even more ammunition.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bale is hated at Madrid by the fans.

Hazard is just met with indifference and indeed in 3-4 years pretty much everyone will forget he ever played there as memories are all of him in Belgium and Chelsea shirt.

Not sure which is worse tbh. Bale still has a pretty good legacy at Madrid even if it's not enough for their fans anymore.

No idea where Hazard will end up next, certainly no elite club given his fitness record these days.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of those transfers I never understood at all. This was doomed from the beginning. Hazard never looked like he wanted to be there and Real were always ill advised spending that much on a guy who’s already spent his best years somewhere else.
Terrible deal for everyone except Chelsea.
Hazard said many times he's always wanted to win Balon D'or (even though his personality style dosen't really seem to fit with that desire) so just think he thought he'd achieved all he could at Chelsea and obviously winning B D'or is more realistic at Madrid.

Perhaps he's just been unlucky he got injuries straight away as his fitness record was always pretty good at Chelsea.

His timeline is very similar to Kaka going to Real Madrid in 2009 when he faded as top tier player.

romufc

Yeah, the EPL is kind of a fraud league as it seems. Many players who try to make the next step fail. Elite clubs should be careful buying from them. Just last season we had a similar experience when Demarai Gray couldn't cut it at a foreign top club.
Yep, the PL is fraudulent. Gnabry who couldn't make it at relegation WBA is killing it in the Bundesliga. Must be championship standard that league.

Demarai Gray was at Leicester not a top PL club before he left to Bundesliga.

But we all know the Bundesliga is more a farmers league when you have players like Sancho, Werner, Havertz all stat paddling and cannot hack the PL.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yep, the PL is fraudulent. Gnabry who couldn't make it at relegation WBA is killing it in the Bundesliga. Must be championship standard that league.

Demarai Gray was at Leicester not a top PL club before he left to Bundesliga.

But we all know the Bundesliga is more a farmers league when you have players like Sancho, Werner, Havertz all stat paddling and cannot hack the PL.

Oh, the English Premier Protection Alliance is at it again. You guys are so weird. A United fan defending a former Chelsea player, do you have no shame?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep. He's now killing it at a side in 16th.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hazard said many times he's always wanted to win Balon D'or (even though his personality style dosen't really seem to fit with that desire) so just think he thought he'd achieved all he could at Chelsea and obviously winning B D'or is more realistic at Madrid.

romufc

Oh, the English Premier Protection Alliance is at it again. You guys are so weird. A United fan defending a former Chelsea player, do you have no shame?
Oh yeah, I forgot the Germans wont depend any player outside the club they support....

Its no shame, I have no rivalries against Chelsea, if I see a good player I am not ashamed of saying so just because he plays for another team.

Unlike you, cannot take the fact the EPL is far superior than the German League.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Mate if you don't stop the libelous slander at once, I will cease defending your boy Kai and feed him to the wolves.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Was this the same interview where he said its not objective to score more goals, which led to his fans saying he could be a top scorer if wanted to. Seems like he said that many years ago and not 2019 though.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh yeah, I forgot the Germans wont depend any player outside the club they support....

Its no shame, I have no rivalries against Chelsea, if I see a good player I am not ashamed of saying so just because he plays for another team.

Unlike you, cannot take the fact the EPL is far superior than the German League.
The EDL is here, the English Defence League
Coutinho was also a bust at Bayern, He even had to sit for Perisic. I saw that Emmanuel Dennis the mega flop from Koln is one of the top scorers in the English Farmers League

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

There are countless players that went to the EPL and their outputs went up a level or two, like Salah or Son. And the best players who left the league were huge flops at foreign top clubs, like Coutinho, Hazard or Gray. No offense, I'm just opting for buyer clubs to keep that in mind when they think about signing EPL players. Just look at Bruno Fernandes who couldn't cut it in Serie A and is currently one of the best attackers in the EPL. His stats now suggest that the EPL is roughly at the level of the Portuguese league, maybe a bit above it. Don't even get why sou're so offended. Those are rival players to you, you're supposed to hate them.

Mate if you don't stop the libelous slander at once, I will cease defending your boy Kai and feed him to the wolves.
Better feed Hazard to them, that way they have enough to feast on at least.

romufc

Coutinho was also a bust at Bayern, He even had to sit for Perisic. I saw that Emmanuel Dennis the mega flop from Koln is one of the top scorers in the English Farmers League
If you say it one more time, people might believe you that the PL is a farmers league. :lol: :lol:

romufc

There are countless players that went to the EPL and their outputs went up a level or two, like Salah or Son. And the best players who left the league were huge flops at foreign top clubs, like Coutinho, Hazard or Gray. No offense, I'm just opting for buyer clubs to keep that in mind when they think about signing EPL players. Just look at Bruno Fernandes who couldn't cut it in Serie A and is currently one of the best attackers in the EPL. His stats now suggest that the EPL is roughly at the level of the Portuguese league, maybe a bit above it.
Oh yes, I forget that players cannot improve.

Best players who left the league are flops? Lets see
Gareth Bale, Modric, Pique, Suarez, Ronaldo are the levels who were flops.

In recent years, every player that comes out of Germany looks like a dud.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Just imagine what Anthony Modeste would do to EPL defenses. It's not even funny.

Is it the players who improved or the lower level of the league and defenses that made them look better? You never know. Just saying that top clubs should be careful when buying players from the EPL

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Best players who left the league are flops? Lets see
Gareth Bale, Modric, Pique, Suarez, Ronaldo are the levels who were flops.

KDB, Son and Auba off the top of my head were massive success stories in recent years moving from the Bundesliga

romufc

Just imagine what Anthony Modeste would do to EPL defenses. It's not even funny.

Is it the players who improved or the lower level of the league and defenses that made them look better? You never know. Just saying that top clubs should be careful when buying players from the EPL
Oh yeah just like what Gnabry is doing to defences, couldn't even play against relegation battlers, now in the top scorers for Bayern

Yep, I agree with you top clubs should be careful. I guess Dortmund are not a top club? they bought from the championship and is one of the best players in the Bundesliga

Its mainly because German teams can't actually afford top players from the PL.

P.S even Ralf a German who has been in German football for years said he is surprised at the quality of the PL, where the teams in bottom 3 would probably be top half teams in the Bundesliga.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Oh yeah just like what Gnabry is doing to defences, couldn't even play against relegation battlers, now in the top scorers for Bayern

Yep, I agree with you top clubs should be careful. I guess Dortmund are not a top club? they bought from the championship and is one of the best players in the Bundesliga
That has primarily to do with the unrivalled ability of Bundesliga clubs to develop players. You can thank us later for cleaning what you messed up.

romufc

That has primarily to do with the unrivalled ability of Bundesliga clubs to develop players. You can thank us later for cleaning what you messed up.

What did I mess up?

At least in the PL, teams have the hope of winning the PL.

Bundesliga, Bayern play for CL and no one really has a chance of the league, even if they do come close, they probably take their best player and manager to make sure the integrity of the rest of the league is secure.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If you say it one more time, people might believe you that the PL is a farmers league. :lol: :lol:
That's not (from what I can gather) what he's saying per se. More the logic of cherry picking examples could make the PL look shit the same way it does the other leagues.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
That's not (from what I can gather) what he's saying per se. More the logic of cherry picking examples could make the PL look shit the same way it does the other leagues.
Don't ruin the fun

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Didn't an ex-Bundesliga player win the best player in the English farmers league back to back
Last season he beat another ex Bundesliga Gundogan

Pintu

What did I mess up?

Bundesliga, Bayern play for CL and no one really has a chance of the league, even if they do come close, they probably take their best player and manager to make sure the integrity of the rest of the league is secure.
I wish. But the reality is the Emirati club wins it by January.

Gnabry scored 4 goals when his Bayern visited one mighty representative of the EPL in Champions league and trashed it at home.

Last edited:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Gnabry scored 4 goals when his Bayern visited an mighty representative of the EPL in Champions league and trashed it at home.
Gnabry has 11 career CL goals, over half of that was scored in 2 visits to London vs Chelsea and Spurs

dbs235

Don't particularly wish Madrid success so in a way it's a good thing but I'm definitely sad for Hazard himself. He's only scored 5 goals for them :eek:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So it is no hope of winning something meaningful vs hope of winning something insignificant, right? It's not as if EPL teams had a chance of winning the Bundesliga either.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bale is hated at Madrid by the fans.

Hazard is just met with indifference and indeed in 3-4 years pretty much everyone will forget he ever played there as memories are all of him in Belgium and Chelsea shirt.

Not sure which is worse tbh. Bale still has a pretty good legacy at Madrid even if it's not enough for their fans anymore.

No idea where Hazard will end up next, certainly no elite club given his fitness record these days.
To hate you must first love