Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
96/97 La Liga winners.
97/98 Champions League winners.

You really struggled through the lean times!
TBF there was a 32 years European cup drought at that point, and Madrid is always after that cup, and judged by it.

Imagine Madrid not winning the next one till 2050, the three peat would suddenly seem as old as WWII.

MalcolmTucker

You did not answer where you are from, are you also a glory hunter?
From what I read, he made a joke, even with an emoji, you took it badly and you ended up underestimating him for his country.
He writes here like many others but especially in the football forum. I do not remember seeing him in the United forum reminding that you only have 3 CL.
You can take him seriously because he knows about football and is a good guy
I'm from Altrincham but thanks for your concern.

Giorno and I are only teasing each other - I don't think you need to worry about him, I'm sure he can fight his own battles and it's all in jest.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Giorno and I are only teasing each other - I don't think you need to worry about him, I'm sure he can fight his own battles and it's all in jest.
I know, and he expresses himself better than me.
But I thought it was appropriate to answer you.
And I'll answer you when it pleases me even though it has nothing to do with me

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@MalcolmTucker
I apologize for having answered so rude/mean.
I read it now and I didn't like it.
You did not say anything so serious but being 4 Madridistas I thought I had to defend him a little

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

I like my battles lopsided :devil:

Madridistas, unite! :lol:

(But seriously, let's either stop or take it to general)

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aren't you only 22? Yep, that's irrelevant.

It's 2019 and still some folks bring races and shit into football fandom.
Fandom. :lol:
I was only having a laugh mate, don't worry you're allowed to support Madrid! Glory hunter

Schneckerl

TBF there was a 32 years European cup drought at that point, and Madrid is always after that cup, and judged by it.
Yeah, you've also lost 1 final and 7 SFs in that timeframe. Seems unbelievable from today's perspective.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
22 is plenty old enough to get why you support Madrid. :wenger:
It'd still be less than how long I support the team.

United supporter -at the green age of 22, who was like 2YO in 99- calling others glory hunters... that's cute.

Dec9003

It'd still be less than how long I support the team.

United supporter -at the green age of 22, who was like 2YO in 99- calling others glory hunters... that's cute.
Local United supporter, I take it you're from Madrid? ;)

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Local United supporter, I take it you're from Madrid? ;)
That's irrelevant.

You could've chosen so many clubs from the city, but went for United. What do they call it? ;)

Dec9003

That's irrelevant.

You could've chosen so many clubs from the city, but went for United. What do they call it? ;)
It's definitely relevant mate, you picked Madrid because they win the most.
There's nothing wrong with supporting a club you have no connection to because they win. :D
Also, when you come from a football family in England, you don't choose your club. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There's nothing wrong with supporting a club you have no connection to because they win. :D
Also, when you come from a football family in England, you don't choose your club. :lol:
Spot on, people underestimate this. I didn't have a choice, I was raised on United :lol:

Dec9003

Spot on, people underestimate this. I didn't have a choice, I was raised on United :lol:
Same here, my dad always joked that if I didn't support united I'd be out the door at sixteen... At least I think he was joking. :lol:

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Plenty of folks who support a different team than their dad. At the end of the day you're free to do anything unless you wanna be dad's babyboy.

And sorry to break it for you, but that just makes your dad a glory hunter as well, unless you're directly tied to the founders of the club.

At least your dad and I watched our teams have a lifetime of success, you on the other hand just came too LttP, I wish you good luck though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
As an Irishman myself it is quite astonishing the number of people here (and in general) who seem to, rather coincidentally, have family from Liverpool and Manchester, yet somehow despite Irish people flocking to towns like Sheffield, Luton, and Bristol in their droves back in the sixties and seventies, there's nobody who supports them. How odd.

I support Utd because they were the best team to support when I was 7 or 8 years old and had the best players and Irish players, as I recall, oh and I think my brother supported them to and had a say in it. Anyone who says it's "their father" or "relatives" is talking bollocks. Otherwise I'd be walking down the streets of Dublin and every second old person's voice would be scouse or Mancunian.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Plenty of folks who support a different team than their dad. At the end of the day you're free to do anything unless you wanna be dad's babyboy.

And sorry to break it for you, but that just makes your dad a glory hunter as well, unless you're directly tied to the founders of the club.

At least your dad and I watched our teams have a lifetime of success, you on the other hand just came too LttP, I wish you good luck though.
It can happen but it's really hard not to be a supporter of your father's team if he starts to influence you from young age. It happened the same with his own father. I'm from Lisbon and live really close to the Stadium in the Alvalade neighbourhood. One week after being born, my father already made me a "sócio", an associate of the club, with supporter number and everything. With 3 years of age, i was already going to to the Stadium. Some of my best and more vivid memories from my childhood are connected to Sporting, my father and football. I'll never forget seeing Maradona and Napoli live at the Stadium for the UEFA Cup. Or beating Hierro, Laudrup and Zamorano's Madrid in 94. Hundreds of matches at the stadium, all thanks to him. All the kits at christmas or bdays. All the quality time togheter. You can't escape that. Even if the club doesn't win much, like it's Sporting case. In Portugal you say that you can change wife, political party but you never change football club. When if you start from young age, with your father, it's almost impossible. It's part of your DNA.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Eden is missing this greed like Ronaldo and is not a leader. Will be interesting to see, how he will function at Real.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It can happen but it's really hard not to be a supporter of your father's team if he starts to influence you from young age. It happened the same with his own father. I'm from Lisbon and live really close to the Stadium in the Alvalade neighbourhood. One week after being born, my father already made me a "sócio", an associate of the club, with supporter number and everything. With 3 years of age, i was already going to to the Stadium. Some of my best and more vivid memories from my childhood are connected to Sporting, my father and football. I'll never forget seeing Maradona and Napoli live at the Stadium for the UEFA Cup. Or beating Hierro, Laudrup and Zamorano's Madrid in 94. Hundreds of matches at the stadium, all thanks to him. All the kits at christmas or bdays. All the quality time togheter. You can't escape that. Even if the club doesn't win much, like it's Sporting case. In Portugal you say that you can change wife, political party but you never change football club. When if you start from young age, with your father, it's almost impossible. It's part of your DNA.
This.

The notion of being able to pick a football club to support is so weird.

You might like a random club and want them to win but it’s not the same

Dec9003

My dad is 61 years old, he's been supporting United all his life like his dad before him, also my family does have ties to the club, yes.
You on the other hand don't live/aren't from Madrid, but picked them because they win a lot.
Like I said, nothing wrong with that, but you are what you are, and it's funny that it annoys you so much. :lol:

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
My dad is 61 years old, he's been supporting United all his life like his dad before him, also my family does have ties to the club, yes.
You on the other hand don't live/aren't from Madrid, but picked them because they win a lot.
Yeah everyone has ties to the foundation of every big club these days, cool story.

Even if it were true -and the chances are minimal- United (or any mega club) wouldn't have been United without the global support, like the city of Manchester has a population of what, 500K? And that's in 2019. Even if all were United supporters -and they're not- it's peanuts, they wouldn't be able to pay Valencia's wages, let alone managing a club and making a profit.

Rather, they go to anywhere in the world, and there'll be supporters in big numbers, fans who change their schedules and lifestyles totally to follow their team through thick and thin, or attend a match whenever time and budget permits. That doesn't make them lesser fans than a boy who was told to support X team, quite the opposite in fact.

Like I said, nothing wrong with that, but you are what you are, and it's funny that it annoys you so much. :lol:
You might think that way, but all I see is a kid who thinks his dad is stronger than anybody. Nothing wrong with that.

Dec9003

Yeah everyone has ties to the foundation of every big club these days, cool story.

Even if it were true -and the chances are minimal- United (or any mega club) wouldn't have been United without the global support, like the city of Manchester has a population of what, 500K? And that's in 2019. Even if all were United supporters -and they're not- it's peanuts, they wouldn't be able to pay Valencia's wages, let alone managing a club and making a profit.

Rather, they go to anywhere in the world, and there'll be supporters in big numbers, fans who change their schedules and lifestyles totally to follow their team through thick and thin, or attend a match whenever time and budget permits. That doesn't make them lesser fans than a boy who was told to support X team, quite the opposite in fact.

You might think that way, but all I see is a kid who thinks his dad is stronger than anybody. Nothing wrong with that.
It's not that difficult to believe that id have personal ties to my football club, loads of people will have ties with people involved with United.
It's probably only that tough to believe if, like yourself, you have no connection to your club beyond watching them lift champions league trophies on your TV. ;)
@MVBDX and @Dec9003 are both glory hunters pass it on.
Very true.
It's too easy winding Madrid fans up by calling them glory hunters, probably because it's spot on in most cases. :lol:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
99% of fans are gloryhunters.

You, who are reading this post, are a gloryhunter too.

Accept it.

PS: I support City and Liverpool currently, Barcelona in Spain, Chelsea in Europa League universe.

Cait Sith

Don't know about Madrid fans but international Barca "fans" are the worst. There is a poll running on their biggest English speaking forum about how much they will watch Barca next season. Only 40 % say "most matches", the rest wants to cut down one way or the other. Most say they only watch for Messi now or they'll catch the few big CL games. Imagine a fan base throwing their toys out of the pram like that while actually walking everything domestically and making CL semis. :houllier: If they had TRUE barren years like United right now, their international "fan"base would be next to 0.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This.

The notion of being able to pick a football club to support is so weird.

You might like a random club and want them to win but it’s not the same
Not everyone grows up with their dad being an owner of a club and passing that down :lol:

In fact, not everyone even grows up with a father who's a big football fan. Or even present in their lives

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
We're slowly working our way up, keep it up guys. By page 10 we need to know whose father is the hardest of the bunch.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Nah, you’re the typical plastic

passing-wind

He will be quality at Madrid, Eden is entirely a creative player he will spoon feed the strikers so long as their movement can match his contributions. This is why Lukaku is prolific for Belgium it's Hazard / De Bryune feeding him the opportunities.

I feel like the recent rumblings regarding Neymar would have alerted some interest but would Madrid stump up 200+ million ? I don't think so irrespective if Hazard was signed or not.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Not everyone grows up with their dad being an owner of a club and passing that down :lol:
Ah they do, in this thread alone there are thousands of them apparently.