Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Depends how often those off days will come, and when. If he plays out of his mind for 20 games, shreds barcelona in the clasico and then puts in a couple half arsed performances against the likes of eibar and getafe, no one will care. If he puts in those half arsed performances in the clasico though, or if those become a frequent occurrence, then yeah it will be an issue and we'll be on his back

Nobody expects him to be the new cristiano, score 50 goals or anything. But we do expect him to be consistently a top 5-6 player in the world and the catalyst for our successes. Zidane or Figo would be a good benchmark in terms of what we expect from him
Time will only tell.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He could score a second goal in a good counter.
With more initiative than in previous gams and combining well with Benzema and Marcelo

Luke1995

Not looking very good. Used to do well in pre season games at Chelsea.

I think he will be a good signing, but as was the case with Bale, probably won't score 50 goals a season if that's what their fans are expecting.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane plays for the second time with a 352.
I imagine that to give Marcelo/Modric more freedom / oxygen and more prominence to Hazard?, who seems to be moving through the entire attack with Karim. At the moment it is not working too well.

RooneyLegend

I think he will be a good signing, but as was the case with Bale, probably won't score 50 goals a season if that's what their fans are expecting.
Its pre season ffs.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid

No one, fans or others, expects anything close to those numbers. Heck, Messi hasn't done that every other season.

Luke1995

How many Chelsea pre-season games have you honestly watched?
Well I watched a few in 2014 and a few in 2016, he was more sharp than in these Madrid matches so far, perhaps because of a better understanding on-field with his teammates.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Got injured and will miss the opener vs Celta tomorrow. 3 to 4 weeks out

Shark

@NotShark
Have a feeling Hazard is going to be a disaster at Madrid. You really need to start well there from the get go, or the asshole fans will be all over you.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Have a feeling Hazard is going to be a disaster at Madrid. You really need to start well there from the get go, or the asshole fans will be all over you.
He'll be fine, he doesn't pick too many long term injuries like Bale. Any slow start would probably make Zidane's seat hotter.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If he's not plagued by injuries, he's too good to fail.

Well, at least on an individual level, that is. Nowadays it seems you're already a bottler if you don't win the CL every year, no matter how good you've been.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he's not plagued by injuries, he's too good to fail.

Well, at least on an individual level, that is. Nowadays it seems you're already a bottler if you don't win the CL every year, no matter how good you've been.
Well he's already injured. Not a great start to his Madrid career

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
When you're used to hearing 'Chewlsi, Chewlsi, Chewlsi' about five times a game from your fans I suppose anything else will sound pretty boisterous by comparison.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
When you're used to hearing 'Chewlsi, Chewlsi, Chewlsi' about five times a game from your fans I suppose anything else will sound pretty boisterous by comparison.
I may have took that seriously if the go to chant at OT wasn't the wonderfully creative "United, United, United" :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I may have took that seriously if the go to chant at OT wasn't the wonderfully creative "United, United, United" :lol:
Tbh none of the London clubs are particularly creative with their chant's. You lot just sing Chelsea repeatedly, Arsenal do the same. Spurs sing their marching in song but bar that I literally have no idea what else you chant!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Old Trafford is a cauldron of noise, what are you talking about? :nervous:

I must admit having been privy to a fair few United songs while mostly hearing only the main stuff from rival teams (such as those below) I can't really comment on other fans' conduct one way or another. One thing's for certain though, the boys at the Bridge don't wave nearly enough handkerchiefs for Eden's liking.

Tbh none of the London clubs are particularly creative with their chant's. You lot just sing Chelsea repeatedly, Arsenal do the same. Spurs sing their marching in song but bar that I literally have no idea what else you chant!

TheReligion

Abusive
Old Trafford is a cauldron of noise, what are you talking about? :nervous:

I must admit having been privy to a fair few United songs while mostly hearing only the main stuff from rival teams (such as those below) I can't really comment on other fans' conduct one way or another. One thing's for certain though, the boys at the Bridge don't wave nearly enough handkerchiefs for Eden's liking.
It's a London thing I think. Dull as dishwater. Northerners have always been more humourous!