Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Nickelodeon

This was reported long back. Total payment including bonus would be around 140-145 million was reported during the time of his sale.

Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign forward Eden Hazard from Chelsea for a fee that could exceed £150m.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48548361
Why would they pay 150 million pounds for a 29 year old in the final year of the contract. There was no real competition. He was good but not 100 million good let alone 150. This sounds extremely sketchy.

I've always been suspicious of the weird transfer fees that Chelsea claim. Morata to Atletico for 58 million, Similar fee for Costa particularly when its clear that Chelsea want to sell. They can highlight Marina all they want but there is something shady about this.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why would they pay 150 million pounds for a 29 year old in the final year of the contract. There was no real competition. He was good but not 100 million good let alone 150. This sounds extremely sketchy.

I've always been suspicious of the weird transfer fees that Chelsea claim. Morata to Atletico for 58 million, Similar fee for Costa particularly when its clear that Chelsea want to sell. They can highlight Marina all they want but there is something shady about this.
Chelsea receive some ridiculous offers for their players, Oscar for 60 million?

murali_red

Yes, it's perplexing

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
My favorite is luiz bought twice for a total of 53 mil (23 mil +30 mil) yet still sold twice for 58 mil (50 mil + 8 mil)
Want Matic sold as part of Luiz deal?

James Peril

They can't be that stupid, can they?
IT would explain our spending Spree, though
No, actually the spending spree is down to being owned by a Russian oil tycoon with burning pockets. Nothing wrong with that (legally), but you kind of lose your right to speculate on business development in an economy otherwise ruined by a global pandemic (morally).

roonster09

Scout
A young matic yes who we eventually bought back for 20 odd before selling for 40 to you.
Yeah so it was not just 53 million. Luiz value depends on how much Matic value was reported by Chelsea and Benfica.

Can't belive PSG paid so much money for him.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah so it was not just 53 million. Luiz value depends on how much Matic value was reported by Chelsea and Benfica.

Considering it was a young matic whose market value was no more than a few million it doesnt detract from the point made. (for arguments sake transfermarket have his mv at 2 mil back then. )

Pep's Suit

3rd most expensive player of all-time and I don't expect him to score more than 6-7 goals this league season. Both Hazard and Jovic been absolutely terrible signings and you have to wonder how much money they also wasted on all those Brahims etc.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

David Luiz played for PSG? Had completely missed that!

roonster09

Scout
Considering it was a young matic whose market value was no more than a few million it doesnt detract from the point made. (for arguments sake transfermarket have his mv at 2 mil back then. )
It wasn't any argument, just one more detail.

Just FYI, Luiz market value was 14 million euros back then but was signed for around 25 million euros. So take the transfermarkt market value with pinch of salt.

It's not a big deal btw and wasn't even any argument.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What is staggering is that he has only one year left on his deal. Ridiculous price.

flappyjay

Is it though? Looks like them and Liverpool are just damn good sellers. Liverpool sold a donkey like Benteke for 30 million, Ings who came from a long term injury and was crap at the time for 25m. Then Bournemouth poured all their money on Solanke and Ibe guys who had done nothing in football .

Then comes us, the special case. We are about to sell more proven Smalling for less than 20m along with experienced international Lingard for less than 20m too.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
No, actually the spending spree is down to being owned by a Russian oil tycoon with burning pockets. Nothing wrong with that (legally), but you kind of lose your right to speculate on business development in an economy otherwise ruined by a global pandemic (morally).
This is such a lame and old bias. Bringing Covid into the matter is just twisted.

CFC have been financially managed perhaps better than any other club in PL and within FFP since Kenyon left and possibly before. Look at some of the other posts on this page.

Their transfer dealings have generally been very good. Their policy seems to be buy young and sell just before the player goes seriously down hill. Mata, Matic, Ramires, Oscar and Hazard were all good deals for Chelsea. How they only lost £9m on Morata was also a master stroke.

roonster09

Scout
This is such a lame and old bias. Bringing Covid into the matter is just twisted.

CFC have been financially managed perhaps better than any other club in PL and within FFP since Kenyon left and possibly before. Look at some of the other posts on this page.

Their transfer dealings have generally been very good. Their policy seems to be buy young and sell just before the player goes seriously down hill. Mata, Matic, Ramires, Oscar and Hazard were all good deals for Chelsea. How they only lost £9m on Morata was also a master stroke.
Didn't you guys post 96 million loss last season?

Chelsea recorded an after tax loss of £96m ($126.3m exchange rate 1.31) for 2018/19. This is a swing of £156m from the previous 12 months when the club generated a record profit of £60m.

Under the ownership of Roman Abramovich, Chelsea incurred sizable losses in the early years while enjoying great success on the pitch. Between 2004 and 2013 Chelsea lost over £670m and only recorded a profit in one year - 2011/12 £1m.

From 2014 to 2018 the club essentially broke even with 3 profitable years vs. 2 loss producing years
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...-profit-to-96m-loss-in-one-year/#14b6414a3b4c

Nickelodeon

Is it though? Looks like them and Liverpool are just damn good sellers. Liverpool sold a donkey like Benteke for 30 million, Ings who came from a long term injury and was crap at the time for 25m. Then Bournemouth poured all their money on Solanke and Ibe guys who had done nothing in football .

Then comes us, the special case. We are about to sell more proven Smalling for less than 20m along with experienced international Lingard for less than 20m too.
I don’t know. Call it a bias or whatever, but Liverpool’s sales seem like very stupid judgment calls by the buying clubs rather than a planned conspiracy.

Some examples being: Benteke was awful for Liverpool but he was proven at a PL level and it was a style issue with Liverpool and even though it was still a big amount, at that time you could understand why Palace would buy him.

Ibe had many appearances for Liverpool and was seen as promising but maybe at a lower level PL club. 15 million for him is stupid in hindsight but still sort of plausible. Similarly for Solanke, he was a promising player but unable to do it for Chelsea and Liverpool. 19 million was overpay but you could see why someone would 12-13 which I'm sure would've been the initial fee and milestones wouldn't have been met.

For Chelsea, it was clear that Morata has failed and Costa had fallen out with Conte. To get more than market value for both is sort of unbelievable to the point of shady. And it is a similar set of clubs who have these deals. Both Chelsea and Atletico come in this bracket who have sketchy deals. Both Morata and Costa deals, then couple of players who Atletico sold to China (Carrasco and one more who I can’t recall), Oscar for 60 million. It is happening too frequently to ignore or to say that they sell brilliantly. Seems some sort of ‘you scratch my back’ type of deals that keep happening.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
They have good years and bad years but over time they break even. They operate within FFP.

I was refering more to their transfer activity although I accept I didn't specifically identify that.

The huge expense they are going to this year seems unusual, even for Chelsea. Even though they have a bit of a war chest from the sales of Hazard, Morata and Luiz I think there will be a few sales to balance the acquisition a goalkeeper. I don't think Declan Rice will happen but Mendy for about £30m may. I think they will sell Emerson and maybe even Jorghino. Kante at a push but that would be a big loss. Selling Kante isn't something I agree with but if it meant we could buy Oblak or someone of his calibre I would accept that.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
They have good years and bad years but over time they break even. They operate within FFP.

I was refering more to their transfer activity although I accept I didn't specifically identify that.

The huge expense they are going to this year seems unusual, even for Chelsea. Even though they have a bit of a war chest from the sales of Hazard, Morata and Luiz I think there will be a few sales to balance the acquisition a goalkeeper. I don't think Declan Rice will happen but Mendy for about £30m may. I think they will sell Emerson and maybe even Jorghino. Kante at a push but that would be a big loss. Selling Kante isn't something I agree with but if it meant we could buy Oblak or someone of his calibre I would accept that.
Chelsea are probably the reason for FFP mate.

roonster09

Scout
160 million euros for a player with one year left doesn't sound very credible.
Apparently it's 100 million + add ons, which are performance and team winning trophies related. Belgian reporter said Madrid will pay at least 130 million now as Madrid have won La Liga. Maybe the other bonuses are related to CL wins and Balon d'or shortlists.

roonster09

Scout
The £96m loss was mainly due to the club missing out on champions league the previous season, paying £26m to terminate Conte's contract and the last panic buy of Kepa for £72m
Yeah, that's how the finances are impacted. Missing out on CL, sacking manager and making bad signings for huge money.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently it's 100 million + add ons, which are performance and team winning trophies related. Belgian reporter said Madrid will pay at least 130 million now as Madrid have won La Liga. Maybe the other bonuses are related to CL wins and Balon d'or shortlists.
If he keeps getting injured, we won't :lol:

:(

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Both Hazard and Jovic been absolutely terrible signings and you have to wonder how much money they also wasted on all those Brahims etc.
Hazard met the profile required to play for Madrid after Ronaldo's departure but I was never convinced about Jovic and wanted the club to sign Werner instead. Now it looks like Chelsea are building a strong squad so they're looking alright after having sold Hazard and a difficult season.

SATA

Superb player at Chelsea but Real have really gotten themselves a dud version. 100M down the drain if they don’t sort him out this year. Are his weekly wages higher than Bale?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For somebody that so badly wanted his move to Real Madrid he sure doesn't seem to take it seriously.