Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hazard has been used plenty of times as a #10, but he just never plays well there.

Also I'm pretty sure he complained when Sarri used him there too. He said he prefers operating from the left.
It’s a bit like playing Ribery (who is still my go-to Hazard comp) as a #10. It looks good on paper and should work, but it never did.

jackal&hyde

Our own Roy Keane singled him out for having the wrong attitude during his time at Chelsea. People think Keano is over the top but he sees things that others don't.
He was fantastic at Chelsea. Wish he was with United and had the same "bad attitude".

jackal&hyde

Is there a player Roy Keane has not whined about since he sold his soul and became a rent-a-moan gobshite for Sky?
To be fair, that attitude served him well in his career. He was uncompromising and demanded the very best out of everyone. He seems to lack the ability of understanding that one can be a great player without that relentless focus and this is strange because he played with Cantona that was the definition of a talent based player that was working on individualism.

I love him and i think there is great value in his way of thinking but there is a reason he is not a good manager.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He was fantastic at Chelsea. Wish he was with United and had the same "bad attitude".
Hazard has indeed been fantastic

The point is you can be fantastic at young age not taking care much of yourself and at some point when you get older epigenetics will make the difference between a player declining at 30 years old or 5 years later. Look at Ronaldo or Jesus Navas for instance. They are extremely focused on their profession and very thin and fit at 35 years old and it's paying dividends. Hazard has really no excuse.

jackal&hyde

Hazard has indeed been fantastic

The point is you can be fantastic at young age not taking care much of yourself and at some point when you get older epigenetics will make the difference between a player declining at 30 years old or 5 years later. Look at Ronaldo or Jesus Navas for instance. They are extremely focused on their profession and very thin and fit at 35 years old and it's paying dividends. Hazard has really no excuse.
Yes but look at George Best. While the player is at the club and performs, that is all that matters. Chelsea got the best of Hazard, if Real does not, it's their problem.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Our own Roy Keane singled him out for having the wrong attitude during his time at Chelsea. People think Keano is over the top but he sees things that others don't.
Not really commenting on his time at Madrid as haven't followed him but his "bad attitude" at Chelsea seems to be based on half a season where he was carrying an injury.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard has been used plenty of times as a #10, but he just never plays well there.

Also I'm pretty sure he complained when Sarri used him there too. He said he prefers operating from the left.
He requested the number 10 shirt at Chelsea, and 2018 said he liked the false 9 role. He's not necessarily the best judge of where he should be playing. He's always been best as a left winger. The problem at Chelsea was that he was so superior to his teammates that managers generally wanted him at the heart of everything, and out on one wing that's less likely.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He requested the number 10 shirt at Chelsea, and 2018 said he liked the false 9 role. He's not necessarily the best judge of where he should be playing. He's always been best as a left winger. The problem at Chelsea was that he was so superior to his teammates that managers generally wanted him at the heart of everything, and out on one wing that's less likely.
The false 9 could actually be a very interesting position for him. I generally agree that you want a player of Hazard's quality in closer proximity to the goal.

Lee565

Could he possibly end up a worse signing for madrid than Sanchez was for us?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The false 9 could actually be a very interesting position for him. I generally agree that you want a player of Hazard's quality in closer proximity to the goal.
Could be but it didn't really work out. The problem is although he scores a lot of goals, he's not an instinctive poacher. He's much better with a bit of time to create a goal and craft something out of nothing, and after watching him play pretty much every attacking role during his years at Chelsea the left wing has always been where the best comes out of him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not to be pedantic but he is a left inside forward not a left winger. The term winger needs to stop being used so loosely in the modern game.

A winger has his stronger foot being the same as the wing he is on so that he can get to the byline and whip in out swinging crosses.

An inside forward such as Hazard, cuts in onto his right foot from the left and vice versa.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not to be pedantic but he is a left inside forward not a left winger. The term winger needs to stop being used so loosely in the modern game.

A winger has his stronger foot being the same as the wing he is on so that he can get to the byline and whip in out swinging crosses.

An inside forward such as Hazard, cuts in onto his right foot from the left and vice versa.
Robben was always referred to as an inverted winger and not an inside forward, so i am not sure that yours is the official definition. ;)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is there a player Roy Keane has not whined about since he sold his soul and became a rent-a-moan gobshite for Sky?
Ronaldo and Beckham. Two flashy players but Keane said their application was second to none.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He went under surgeon in March, if he's still feeling pain in September then I'd lose all hope already. Smells of Kaka in 2009 and 2010 to me. He depends on having his best shape to shine, he is not recovering well from injuries and is not young anymore.

On the top of that if he doesn't know how important reducing body fat is for a player his age at this stage, I don't think there is much that can be done. He was criticized last season and he's repeating the same errors again. The lack of awareness is very concerning, I just hope Zidane knows better.
Don't scare me with Kaka haha.
Although Chelsea fans have already noted that he was quite complacent, I thought he would be more motivated after dreaming so much about his signing.
And Zidane, seeing how tough he is with the players he does not want, seemed to have absolute faith in him, I wonder how long it will last, because Vinicius comes like a bull, and it is an important season for him, and for Hazard, who said that he would be judged for his second season

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Don't scare me with Kaka haha.
Although Chelsea fans have already noted that he was quite complacent, I thought he would be more motivated after dreaming so much about his signing.
And Zidane, seeing how tough he is with the players he does not want, seemed to have absolute faith in him, I wonder how long it will last, because Vinicius comes like a bull, and it is an important season for him, and for Hazard, who said that he would be judged for his second season
It's true Zidane is very tough with players, and even though he's been a blessing for the club both as a player and coach, he's also as biased as the next guy. Also remember he made a big bet to bring Hazard at 28 years old for huge money so for now he has no alternative but trying to get the best out of him. However, the reality is last season Hazard got his best form well past November and that he never recovered it after his injury. Now it turns out he's back to training with excessive body fat (again), one year older and feeling pain in the ankle that was operated in March? I could lie and say I expect him to revert the situation, but it's very clear for everyone to see he's not making the right noises.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He'll go to Arsenal next year and DT and co will act like they've poached him from us in his prime.

Luke1995

It's a bit depressing reading all about his Real Madrid failures.

What are some of your favorite Hazard footballing moments ? Whether it be for Lille, Chelsea or Belgium

A recent one is his performance in the 2018 World Cup against Brazil. Belgium often was laughed at for never making it past the quarter finals but Hazard put on a solid performance after previously failing to do so against Argentina in 2014 on the same quarter finals stage. Even though i'm brazilian I found Hazard performance that day breathtaking.

For Chelsea, again, even though i'm obviously a Manchester United fan, Eden always used to play well against Liverpool, there was one goal he scored in the 2015-16 season that was incredible, he went past four or five players before firing a stunning shot into the net...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe the one goal from last season stat even if he did have two bad injuries.

Given Real Madrid demands for personality from their star players he could always start asking to take the penalties given the incredible amount Real Madrid get but guess that would cause a civil war in the dressing room taking them off Ramos. Perhaps though if he has a difficult start to the season he might be allowed to take one to get him off and running.

Big year for him but will probably help not having fans in Bernabeu for a while I suspect.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Most talented player ever to wear a Chelsea shirt, but I knew the Real move would be a fecking terrible choice from him. He lacks the ambition and drive that propels the GOAT contention players to the very, very top, and he's very much a player who needs football to be fun. Hazard mixed with the Bernabeu boo-boys is a horrible combination, that is going to suck his love of the game right out of him.

el3mel

Can't believe the one goal from last season stat even if he did have two bad injuries.

Given Real Madrid demands for personality from their star players he could always start asking to take the penalties given the incredible amount Real Madrid get but guess that would cause a civil war in the dressing room taking them off Ramos. Perhaps though if he has a difficult start to the season he might be allowed to take one to get him off and running.

Big year for him but will probably help not having fans in Bernabeu for a while I suspect.
What, I really couldn't believe this one goal thing till I actually double checked it after I saw your post. I knew nothing about his Madrid tenure bar that he was injured a lot but this is an absolutely shocking stat.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Look at bale and how much he achieved at real and still left like persona non grata. Imagine Hazard will be gone in January or next summer.

DarkLord

Look at bale and how much he achieved at real and still left like persona non grata. Imagine Hazard will be gone in January or next summer.
Funny that he costs more than Bale and has only just one season left. Contender to end up as Real Madrid's biggest flop in their history, similar to Kaka.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kaka had a good first season before everything went downhill

Looks like Hazard has skipped that part too
He got injured. During that stretch leading up to and including the PSG game when he was on form our attack was spectacular(and that on top of the exceptional defence), we really looked not only the best team in Spain but a genuine CL contender...

Hopefully he makes a full recovery

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Funny that he costs more than Bale and has only just one season left. Contender to end up as Real Madrid's biggest flop in their history, similar to Kaka.
He only signed a 3 year deal? Strange one that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Surprises me that Real Madrid couldn't resist the temptation. He gave his prime years to Chelsea, what exactly were Real hoping to still get out of him?

Reminds me of Sanchez who gave his prime years to Barca and Arsenal.

You sign these players when they're 21/22 years old and get years of joy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Surprises me that Real Madrid couldn't resist the temptation. He gave his prime years to Chelsea, what exactly were Real hoping to still get out of him?

Reminds me of Sanchez who gave his prime years to Barca and Arsenal.

You sign these players when they're 21/22 years old and get years of joy.
He had been flirting with them since 2015. It's a hefty fee but no-one could foresee his injury problems. He had been relatively injury free in his 7 years at Chelsea and he was coming off statistically his best season for Chelsea.

RashyForPM

He had been flirting with them since 2015. It's a hefty fee but no-one could foresee his injury problems. He had been relatively injury free in his 7 years at Chelsea and he was coming off statistically his best season for Chelsea.
You just proved his point tbf. Everything you described here is the equivalent of Sanchez, bar the flirting part.

Varun

Staff
It's his weight that's the issue, not the ankle. Downright bizarre to turn up overweight 2 seasons in a row

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
We've really done well out of this transfer, a good 6 out of 7 seasons from him and then a huge fee for him to flop at Real. Whilst it's a fact he's struggling at Real it's bizarre so many people are now tarnishing Hazards PL legacy.

People often cite consistency, well he's only ever had one bad season in 7. Not only that, he won by far the most MOTM awards during his 7 seasons than any other player in the league. Not even close.

He's won the PL twice, the FA and league cup as well as the Europa League twice. Individually he's won major awards every season bar one. Players rate him, managers rate him, pundits rate him. Everyone except the armchair experts who believe your entire career is as good as your last game.

Yes he's frustrating at times but he's been simply magical to watch and dragged Chelsea through on numerous occasions