Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I hope he keeps it up. A genuine Chelsea legend and it has been sad to his downfall since leaving.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There’s a list for that? :lol:

how many does Lewa have?
There's lists for how many attempted dribbles players make, football fans are nerds nowadays. Nothing gets the modern day football fan harder than a list.

No idea about Lewa. I saw a load of tweets today after Hazard got his 100th about him being 3rd.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Saw the game. He was fantastic but it's ckear he's lost a bit that explosiveness.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Won't get tired of saying this: Hazard hit top form for about a month with us - October-November 2019, before the injury against PSG. Through that period he was consistently the best player on the pitch and we as a team really took off and looked like one of the best sides in the world

Injuries have ruined him, nothing else. Hopefully he can stay fit for a while and be at least 80% of what he used to be. In that case we'd at least have a shot at a deep CL run, with a bit of luck

romufc

He's become the forgotten man. 2 seasons filled with injuries. Cannot get a break, how long until he gives up?

He is not one who will work hard for his fitness, how long has he got before he thinks I cant be bothered with these injuries anymore.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why has he suddenly turned so injury prone?
I think it’s just freak luck at this point. This most recent injury is in the other leg (compared to the one he kept getting injured in). Might be the classic case of: injury ruining flow > rush yourself back from injury > get another > repeat.

He’s getting older too, body maybe can’t take the batterings it did when he was younger — he’s been a professional in grown men’s football since he was about 16.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why has he suddenly turned so injury prone?
Didn't look after himself that well is my guess, not eating super healthy etc...?

Need to treat your body like a temple if want to keep physical level in to your 30s. A lot of players just can't live like that.

Now getting trolled by Burger King also:

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Belgian media reporting he's out for 4 weeks again :(

This is really gonna hurt our NT for the EC

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Chelsea really fleeced us good, they must be laughing at us now.

I dont get it though, he was never very injury prone at Chelsea, he registered over 50 games in each of his last two seasons for them.
And then what, his body just broke down during his flight to Madrid or something? This is absurd.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You would nearly forget about this guy, he has been a massive flop at Real Madrid it has to be said.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I dont get it though, he was never very injury prone at Chelsea, he registered over 50 games in each of his last two seasons for them.
And then what, his body just broke down during his flight to Madrid or something? This is absurd.
Maybe we let him go at the right time. Maybe he would have run into the same injury issues had he stayed. We were gutted to lose home, and up until the final game of the season there was a lingering hope he would sign a new contract.

In hindsight I'm happy with sold him at the exact time we did but I don't rejoice in that. He is genuinely one of my favourite players of all time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

He suffered a serious injury at chelsea that required a titanium plate to fuse his tibia back together. Then he reinjured said tibia in the same way, requiring a new titanium plate in place

My guess is he got scared about reinjuring it again, and that lead to discompensations in how he moves which lead to his muscles not being able to handle the strain

He's broken, permanently, unfortunately

Nick.

"Hazard didn't train with the team today. Why?"

Irwin99

His 100th MOTM award. 3rd highest behind the two freaks.
Where is this data by the way?

I was always curious to see who had the most MOTM awards in PL history. Gerrard would be a good bet. Tony Adams and Ryan Giggs maybe?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's a bit unfair to include on the list of biggest flops players who fail through injury with others who don't, for example Woodgate and Walter Samuel during their time in Madrid, but on a large scale I think he is definitely a top 3.

Dembélé has missed 45% of the games due to injury, and Hazard 54%!.
I wasn't aware of it until I read it yesterday (out of curiosity, Bale 26%). Dembélé had good moments, and even Coutinho,but Hazard has been disappointing injured and uninjured, and if we really paid 160 million, then it has been an absolutely ruinous signing.

For months I thought he would finally wake up, but with so many linked injuries and another lost season it seems difficult to envision a good future.
I feel sorry for him.It is said that he is having a bad time. I hope he can make up for it.
However it is time to think about naive and delusional swaps where we place him in Dortmund or Paris :D

Red Stone

Where is this data by the way?

I was always curious to see who had the most MOTM awards in PL history. Gerrard would be a good bet. Tony Adams and Ryan Giggs maybe?
Henry or Shearer, surely? Maybe Rooney. The first two were involved in almost every goal their teams scored for many seasons in a row, while Rooney also has a huge amount of goals to his name, even if he played second fiddle to the likes of Ronaldo, RvN and RvP for a few years.

Irwin99

Henry or Shearer, surely? Maybe Rooney. The first two were involved in almost every goal their teams scored for many seasons in a row, while Rooney also has a huge amount of goals to his name, even if he played second fiddle to the likes of Ronaldo, RvN and RvP for a few years.
Shearer is a good shout. Henry too, but Shearer for the longevity. Imagine Roy Keane in the mid 90s-00s would have a lot.

flappyjay

Now sympathy for him. He 1.75m tall yet he talks up about starting the season at 80 kg and being able to shed it off quick. That's not a good thing you idiot. When the season starts you should be in good shape not still losing weight from the time off. Rooney also did this and his career fizzled when he reached his 30's, Luke better watch out.