Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Why does he look so fecking happy ? I mean, his old teammates and all but I swear it looks as if he has qualified to the final with them.
It's a bit irrelevant to judge him for that although he should hold back a bit.

He should however begin to be judged more harshly for what he does on the field, assuming as Zidane said that he was 100%.
Time to offer him to some club, but I imagine that with what he earns he will not want to move and nobody will take the bait

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Definitely going to be the most hated player in Madrid. Since signing for them in 2019 he's scored a grand total of four goals in all competitions. Really annoying how Chelsea (and Liverpool) get so much money for their players.
Limps out of the CL semis while doing feck all and getting hooked and he's pissing himself laughing after the final whistle. He deserves all the stick he gets for that.

Players have friends on opposing sides of course but wait until you get down the tunnel in that situation.

Not really surprised knowing Hazard. Had all the talent in the world to kick on and become an all time great but lacked the mental cutting edge. Still one of the best to ever play in the PL, mind, but he could have gone down as an all-timer.

Don't think anyone mentioned him seriously in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo, unless it was to say that he needs to improve to get to that level. I would argue that on the basis of pure talent alone, he wasn't far off them two but what he lacked was the drive and indomitable will to be the best and that has accelerated his decline.
Hazard was a good player, and clearly his entire career cannot be judged in the player he is now - which will inevitably result in some underrating of his time on England.

Your definition of “one of the best to ever play on the PL” must be very loose. I don’t have time to think about it in detail (so don’t ask), but he’s lucky to be in the top 60 at a guess (and without detailed thought). He’s nowhere near the top.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
He should never have left us, especially going to an ageing team thats won 4 of the last 7 champions leagues. The only way from that is down.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard was a good player, and clearly his entire career cannot be judged in the player he is now - which will inevitably result in some underrating of his time on England.

Your definition of “one of the best to ever play on the PL” must be very loose. I don’t have time to think about it in detail (so don’t ask), but he’s lucky to be in the top 60 at a guess (and without detailed thought). He’s nowhere near the top.

Top 60 seems harsh. Would agree that I was using "best to ever play in the PL" quite loosely though in retrospect! :lol:

Probably would have him top 5 at his position and maybe top 35-45 in the PL? Feel like he is in with a shout for one of the wing positions in the 3rd or 4th best PL XI ever?

Gandalf

It's like Tomas Brolin at Leeds, I remember Howard Wilkinson saying that a couple of months after they signed him he tried to talk to him to figure out why he was so poor and came away with the realization that the player just didn't care about football anymore.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Why does he look so fecking happy ? I mean, his old teammates and all but I swear it looks as if he has qualified to the final with them.
I remember hearing someone who worked with Hazard at Chelsea (I can't remember who) saying the thing about him is that where other players have a ruthless drive to be the best when it comes to football, he's easy-going, content with his life as is and happy to forget about football once he goes home at the end of the day.

Which probably makes him a more likeable and well-balanced person in general life but also someone who is perhaps less devastated by bad results than others might be.

Top 60 seems harsh. Would agree that I was using "best to ever play in the PL" quite loosely though in retrospect! :lol:

Probably would have him top 5 at his position and maybe top 35-45 in the PL? Feel like he is in with a shout for one of the wing positions in the 3rd or 4th best PL XI ever?
fair comeback mind!

I’m not one to say he’s overrated like many are - and of course doing so after 2 years of being poor.

happy to acquiesce to top 30-40 players on the PL.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Lucky to be in the top 60 of PL players? Now I'm really curious what your top 60 is.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
In the category left lateral midfielder/left winger/ in the Premier League: in terms of longevity you are probably right.

Left wingers/forwards - Giggs, Cristiano, Barnes, Ginola, Pires, Barnes (peak before PL), Ljungberg, etc.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Torres
Shevchenko
Carroll
Sanchez
Kepa
Woodgate
Coutinho (esp when you add in him scoring twice for Bayern vs Barca).

whether he’s the worst I don’t know, but he has some good competition!
Kepa is probably worse, at least Hazard is still starting and will kind of contribute to them winning the league if they do

Lucky to be in the top 60 of PL players? Now I'm really curious what your top 60 is.
in fairness I did say I didn’t have time to go into it! But if I just look at United players, we have the following I’d put in or about a top 60.

Schmeichal, VDS, Vidic. Ferdinand, Neville, Evra, Irwin, Stam, Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldo, RVN, Rooney, Cantona.

I think it’s relatively easy to get to 60 - of course it’s all subjective, and as stated, I haven’t actually gone through the process - so it’s not an exact number by any stretch.

Luke1995

He might actually be a worse signing than Sanchez..
Given how high the expectation from Madrid was on him, yes.

But, at least, Hazard had four or five good games.

I can't remember a single good game Sanchez had for United.

Bwuk

Madrid need to get rid. Embarrassing.

Imagine that was one of our players behaving like that.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
fair comeback mind!

I’m not one to say he’s overrated like many are - and of course doing so after 2 years of being poor.

happy to acquiesce to top 30-40 players on the PL.
No absolutely makes sense mate, wasn't trying to have a go or anything and I think you were right to call me out on being a bit OTT!

In the category left lateral midfielder/left winger/ in the Premier League: in terms of longevity you are probably right.

Left wingers/forwards - Giggs, Cristiano, Barnes, Ginola, Pires, Barnes (peak before PL), Ljungberg, etc.
Yeah think Hazard is probably 3rd behind Giggs and CR7, considering peak and longevity.

Given how high the expectation from Madrid was on him, yes.

But, at least, Hazard had four or five good games.

I can't remember a single good game Sanchez had for United.
he scored a header against spurs, that was about it. I can’t speak for Real, but the expectation of Sanchez was absolutely massive. Did Hazard play a piano?

Luke1995

he scored a header against spurs, that was about it. I can’t speak for Real, but the expectation of Sanchez was absolutely massive. Did Hazard play a piano?
I think Hazard will end up in France, Italy or back to Belgium. Can't see a PL team moving for him this summer or Madrid wanting to maintain him.

I think Hazard will end up in France, Italy or back to Belgium. Can't see a PL team moving for him this summer or Madrid wanting to maintain him.
presumably he’s got at least 2 years left on his contract? Massive problem buying these older players, or putting ageing players on massive/ long contracts.

no one is paying a fee for him, given his wages. Real have the same problem they have with Real and that we had with Sanchez.

RyRoc

Worrying thing from a Madrid point of view was today he actually played the role where I think if he's going to have any success it will be - just off the striker , getting into decent pockets, some nice flicks and the occasional turn of pace and goals albeit far less likely than his Chelsea days. Obviously we saw absolutely none of that today. Post match reaction will NOT go down well in Madrid.