Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Sloppy passing as well.
Gave ball away couple of times.

Combine that with missing good chances and you know what time it is…
He also isn’t a leader, that’s KDB and Lukaku.
Shame the so called leaders went missing when it really counted VS France in the world cup semi. It was Hazard who stepped up in that game. Bruno gives the ball away lot and you probably rate him. As usual Hazard getting treated differently to other players.

redrobed

If we could get him dirt cheap I wouldn’t be against a punt on him. If he’s half the player he used to be he’d still be useful as a squad player/better than some of what we’ve got. I remember him saying even while at Chelsea that it was his dream to play for Utd so maybe we could get the best out of him again.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If we could get him dirt cheap I wouldn’t be against a punt on him. If he’s half the player he used to be he’d still be useful as a squad player/better than some of what we’ve got. I remember him saying even while at Chelsea that it was his dream to play for Utd so maybe we could get the best out of him again.
Pretty sure that was a dream you had, not Eden!

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Shame the so called leaders went missing when it really counted VS France in the world cup semi. It was Hazard who stepped up in that game. Bruno gives the ball away lot and you probably rate him. As usual Hazard getting treated differently to other players.
Stepped up? By dribbling blind into alleys? Hazard had no shot on target vs Brazil and France at the world cup but that is somehow stepping up

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Stepped up? By dribbling blind into alleys? Hazard had no shot on target vs Brazil and France at the world cup but that is somehow stepping up
He got voted the second best player in the whole tournament, so i dont know what games you were watching. I didn't even mention Brazil, its almost like you can play well in a football match without scoring. Lukaku and KDB had stinkers VS France.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Sometimes watching the game can be more educational than stats.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Was this the same world cup where the starting forward for the winners didn't have a shot on target all tournament?

cyberman

Yep. Held onto the ball for far too long, slowed everything down and starved Lukaku of service in the name of winning a freekick. Lukaku was on course for the golden boot until Hazard stepped up. Couldn't get a kick then

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He didn't do much other than getting fouled a lot against brazil but he absolutely did step up against france. The reason he kept dribbling into blind alleys late in that game was because he was getting zero help whatsoever from De Bruyne. He tried to put belgium on his shoulders, just wasn't enough. Their best player in that game by a lot

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Was this the same world cup where the starting forward for the winners didn't have a shot on target all tournament?
Like Stephane Guivarch in 98, No one will say Giroud had a good world cup because of that embarrassing stat you posted, but somehow Hazard who did the same in their 2 most important games carried the team on his shoulders

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He didn't do much other than getting fouled a lot against brazil but he absolutely did step up against france. The reason he kept dribbling into blind alleys late in that game was because he was getting zero help whatsoever from De Bruyne. He tried to put belgium on his shoulders, just wasn't enough. Their best player in that game by a lot
Most of Belgium and modern attackers prefer the play to be played early on. That is the opposite of Hazards style as he wants to hold the ball as long as possible, those extra seconds get his attackers into offside positions or get the opponent back in position to recover.
Holding the ball, dribbling backwards into alleys, waiting for fouls won't help a team much. It might be good for his own highlight reels. which he probably cares more about than the overall team win

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't look after himself in his prime? He's only 30 but looks pretty done already.

The Belgian Rooney?

Luke1995

Do Real Madrid fans think he is as bad for them as Sanchez was for us ? Just curious to see if they still have hope he will ''come good''

Bwuk

Do Real Madrid fans think he is as bad for them as Sanchez was for us ? Just curious to see if they still have hope he will ''come good''
Surely Hazard is worse. He was about 100m and on similar wages to Sanchez.

Luke1995

Surely Hazard is worse. He was about 100m and on similar wages to Sanchez.
I don't watch Madrid as much as I did when Ronaldo was there, but I am assuming that Hazard at least has some good games here and there even if the next match he is terrible.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't watch Madrid as much as I did when Ronaldo was there, but I am assuming that Hazard at least has some good games here and there even if the next match he is terrible.
Hazard has only played a full 90mins 5 times in his Madrid career. He is currently at Sanchez level bad cos its not possible to be any worse

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard has only played a full 90mins 5 times in his Madrid career. He is currently at Sanchez level bad cos its not possible to be any worse
Which is insane because in the season prior to the transfer he played 52 games for Chelsea, the majority of them the full 90 minutes.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If ever there was a stat to tell you a player was physically done, that is it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Both were very bad but we're not as bad as Manchester United back then, or even now, but that doesn't say much about Hazard who has been a terrible player for us, probably the worst I can remember from someone of his profile. Hope we get rid of him but I'm not sure anyone will take him now unless he decides to go to MLS or something like that.

He's the closest to Ronaldo the fenomeno.
Two legs and two arms is about all those two have in common.

I'm glad I got this one spot on. He was massively overrated even at his best and as predicted he's failed miserably at Madrid.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City

I'm glad I got this one spot on. He was massively overrated even at his best and as predicted he's failed miserably at Madrid.
Now I know why your name is 29 in binary.

2 + 9 = 11

Nostradamus has 11 letters.

Incredible.

Shark

@NotShark

It's not always that black and white though. Sanchez wasn't overrated at Arsenal just because he declined physically even before moving to United. Sometimes players just decline massively earlier than others rather It's down to injuries or maintaining a professional lifestyle.

tenpoless

Look up the pictures of him when he was fat. He looked like a 35 y.o Brazilian Ronaldo.

Luke1995

Maybe he has mentally checked out of the game. A little bit like Bale, with the difference that Bale can still part-time look like a great player, even if clearly past his peak.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's on huge wages so surely nearly impossible to shift in current climate.

Only if they sub his wages, similar to Bale.

It's one reason why we have very strict rules on contract offers to over 30s. Also see Willian.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's insane to believe that this guy was (rightfully) considered to be one of the top 10 players in the world. His downhill trajectory has been brutal.

Pep's Suit

0 goals + 1 assist in 11 Liga+CL games this season. Hazard, Isco, James, Bale, Coutinho, Dembele. Genuinely don't know who's been the worst of these in last 2.5 year.