Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

fecks sake. At least it was over quickly.

Can't help but think chelski might have got themselves a good one. Him and mata will be difficult to deal with.

Of course though, chelski dont have the best track record dealing with and developing young players. So hazard better be as good as advertised right from the start or he might have just shat away his career.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
In all seriousness though, it's a fecking strange decision in footballing terms.

Despite being the champions league winners, they were dreadful all season. This definitely points to a big summer spending spree.
Chelsea offered him and his agent the most money, it seems a simple enough situation to me.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Never wanted him anyway. Find it strange though that City and United staid so quiet.

Art

Art the artist
So another summer where we don't have the ability to beat other teams to a world class player. Sad shit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That thread had potential to make a record for amount of posts, almost 9000 posts and it's not even June! :lol:

Anyways, great signing for them, I sort of understand his choice because there he will actually play the number 10 role, presumable Mata will go out to the wing. We probably weren't making promises about him playing where Rooney was playing, and at City he had too much competition. If Chelsea get a good manager for next season they will be a real threat for the premier league.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Assuming they will add a few more they will be proper title challengers next season

To all those happy they won the CL, are declared that their win didn't bother them. A big feck you.....

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Di Matteo is at Stamford Bridge holding a photoshoot around the ground with a laptop, as Hazard communicates live through Skype.

twitter thread suggester
:lol: Been a while since I've wanted a player to flop as much as this fella. On the plus side, he didn't join City.

Leg-End

Great that this one is over, long summer ahead. Who's next?

twitter thread suggester
He was crap in Belgium's last match anyway...

Oh I would have loved for us to sign him. Still, Kagawa looks very exciting as well, hopefully we haven't burned any bridges with this Hazard nonsense.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
In all seriousness I must say I'm gutted we haven't gotten him. He has potential to be one of the best in the world.

Unam333

Must say, for a transfer saga to reach such a fervour AND get concluded before the transfer window is officially open... that's a new one on me. At least no hearts broken at midnight in late summer.
It's a delight really. Not really bothered about Hazard, I'm actually happy we didn't sign him. He would have been too expensive and we can't blow all our money on an unproven foreign youngster playing in an inferior league.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
That thread had potential to make a record for amount of posts, almost 9000 posts and it's not even June! :lol:

Anyways, great signing for them, I sort of understand his choice because there he will actually play the number 10 role, presumable Mata will go out to the wing. We probably weren't making promises about him playing where Rooney was playing, and at City he had too much competition. If Chelsea get a good manager for next season they will be a real threat for the premier league.
Mata plays at his best in the number 10 role. He is nowhere near as effective out wide.

I doubt we even spoke to him.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Spare a thought for dear Glaston who was convinced all of ten days ago that Chelsea wouldn't be spending money this summer and surmising that Tottenham would finish ahead of them next season.

Bless.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Of course he's a good player and he would have been an amazing addition to United's squad, but you can't really cry when a player doesn't sign for your club.

I didn't really want him too much, maybe because I watched Lille's last game of the season and all the circus that was happening after the final whistle there. And the circus on Twitter. And the childish game he had been showing us before his announcement.

It was obvious that it was either Chelsea or City - I knew that Manchester United wouldn't have let its new player to make such an announcement on Twitter.

You can't say now he's a shite player, because he's clearly not. But actually, I'm glad that he's not at United now, because I can't imagine such an attention seeking whore in Ferguson team. He's 21 and he's a promising player with a huge potential - but it doesn't mean you can behave like that.

Siorac

In all seriousness though, it's a fecking strange decision in footballing terms.

Despite being the champions league winners, they were dreadful all season. This definitely points to a big summer spending spree.
Well, Chelsea almost always play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, we almost always play 4-4-2. Getting the number 10 position there is more likely than at United (if Mata is willing to accept a roving role on the left) where Fergie will play his favourite formation in most games and thus shoehorn him onto the wings.

But the fact that they, allegedly, offered a LOT more money than either us or City probably had more of an impact.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
London, playing time, wages : it makes sense.

Instead of blaming Robben I think we should thank him : had he converted his numerous chances, Chelsea wouldn't have won the Champions' League and I'm pretty sure Hazard would have joined City, which would have made it very, very hard for us to win the title next season.

Traub

Chelsea offered him and his agent the most money, it seems a simple enough situation to me.
I doubt United and City offered that much less than Chelsea. Besides that, he is young and if he is as good as we have all been led to believe, he has plenty of years left to be the top earner at United or City.

Status
Not open for further replies.