Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Neymar is miles better than Bale and Hazard (who himself is clearly better than Bale).

Despite Spanish clubs dominating CL and EL for years some ppl will never admit which the better league is since 2009. Especially lots of Chelsea fans have some kind of weird complex regarding La Liga and Barca players. Most of them just can't manage ti give credit to that league or team.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Neymar is miles better than Bale and Hazard (who himself is clearly better than Bale).

Despite Spanish clubs dominating CL and EL for years some ppl will never admit which the better league is since 2009. Especially lots of Chelsea fans have some kind of weird complex regarding La Liga and Barca players. Most of them just can't manage ti give credit to that league or team.
Neither Neymar nor Hazard are better than Bale. Only wingers I'd put up there with Bale are Reus and Robben.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd rate the three as

Neymar
Bale
Hazard

Although I think hazard could go up a notch.

amolbhatia50k

Think he'd find it much harder in England than he does in Spain. Don't think he'd be as effective as Hazard or Bale are/were.
Of course. MOST BESTEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLDZ, and all that.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

I used to say that England is the better league, whilst Spain had the better teams. That's what my opinion was for the last 5+ years. With the rise of Atletico and the spirited displays by Villarreal, I've had to revise my opinion. La Liga has been incredible this year, better than last year's. Definitely the best league in the world at the moment.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I'd rate the three as

Neymar
Bale
Hazard

Although I think hazard could go up a notch.
I think Neymar is a future Balon d'Or winner. The best of the three. Not much between Hazard and Bale. Hazard is technically a better player, but Bale edges him on goalscoring (I think they're about even on assists).

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
That's the one who made the Lukaku, Schürrle and de Bruyne deals. Maria something... russian/canadian... (there was a piece on her in german newspaper last year) finalizes all transfer deals for Chelsea ... and apparently the contract negotiations which was new to me.
We should sign her, considering the amount of money she makes for Chelsea.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Obviously all speculation, but it's hardly a what if when Ronaldo tore up the league and set goalscoring records at the age of 22/23, and him and Messi are far better now then what he was then. I mean with Messi we're talking arguably the best all around player ever, and Ronaldo being one of the best goalscorers ever as well. It's a lot closer to a guarantee that they'd replicate the same numbers in the premier league as in La Liga. Bale for example has gotten worse number wise from the premier league to la liga, so why would the others be opposite?
Yeah, but for every Bale there's a Forlan. Didn't he win the golden boot consecutively in Spain? Did feck all over here. Could add Soldado as well.

amolbhatia50k

I think Neymar is a future Balon d'Or winner. The best of the three. Not much between Hazard and Bale. Hazard is technically a better player, but Bale edges him on goalscoring (I think they're about even on assists).
Agree.

Neymar basically looks like he has the makings of being the world's best. He scores a goal a game and looks superb on the ball too. He can be unintelligent at times but that's it.

Bale is better in the air, quicker and a better crosser but when you look at contributions on the pitch now that neymar is a proper goalscorer, he beats bale on most counts.

Hazard needs to up his goalscoring imo.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
the notion that La Liga has more space, that smaller sides there bend over and EPL is the opposite is so 2008...

the spanish teams are much more compact and tactically witty, with and without the ball. whereas english smaller sides play direct football -> hectic pace -> tired defense + less tactically astute team = waaay more space.

ask suarez or costa. the forlan expmple is silly, the two leagues changed so much since then

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Hazard is a better player than Bale and has a higher ceiling.

Liked Phil Neville's comparison that he has put himself in the Robben category but has ways to go before entering the Ronaldo and Messi zone.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hazard and Neymar are a lot more similar in terms of style and technique. Bale is such a different player, I know I personally don't enjoy watching his football as much as the other two.

Rafabio

Liked Phil Neville's comparison that he has put himself in the Robben category but has ways to go before entering the Ronaldo and Messi zone.
I'm not sure he has what it takes to get to that Messi/Ronaldo zone. He's really good but I don't see him getting into that realm. Mou says he can be world's best but he's supposed to say that.

amolbhatia50k

Hazard and Neymar are a lot more similar in terms of style and technique. Bale is such a different player, I know I personally don't enjoy watching his football as much as the other two.
Actually I see neymar and bale as similar. They're both direct and like to instantly drive at teams and go for the kill. The difference being that neymar has much more natural talent and bale more physically impressive.

Hazard on the other hand seems to try and do more play making and is not as impressive when it comes to punishing teams. Granted I've been watching less of hazard. But to me he seems more like ribery in style. Possibly more well rounded than the others in overall play but not as singlehandedly decisive.

kouroux

Actually I see neymar and bale as similar. They're both direct and like to instantly drive at teams and go for the kill. The difference being that neymar has much more natural talent and bale more physically impressive.

Hazard on the other hand seems to try and do more play making and is not as impressive when it comes to punishing teams. Granted I've been watching less of hazard. But to me he seems more like ribery in style. Possibly more well rounded than the others in overall play but not as singlehandedly decisive.
That's the big difference between that make Hazard and Neymar closer in terms of style. They're more enjoyable on the ball than Bale by a mile and that was what I was talking about and not really their directness.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I'm not sure he has what it takes to get to that Messi/Ronaldo zone. He's really good but I don't see him getting into that realm. Mou says he can be world's best but he's supposed to say that.
I don't think he'll reach that level either. May be one or two outstanding seasons in his prime.

amolbhatia50k

Hazard can only be as good as messi in his dreams. Best in the world looks unlikely but its not impossible Once messi fades. Hazard is hugely talented. He will have become a bigger match winner all on his own.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard can only be as good as messi in his dreams. Best in the world looks unlikely but its not impossible Once messi fades. Hazard is hugely talented. He will have become a bigger match winner all on his own.
He doesn't have to though. If he keeps this level for the next 5 years I'll be more than happy.

NoPace

I really rate Hazard but Ronaldo went 42 in 49 at age 22/23. Hazard's 24 already and never topped 22 in a year. He'll never get to their level as a result, but he could be a Figo type, creating from out wide for himself and others and sneak the best player in the world for a season or two if injury/age ever gets those 2.

crimsonife

But Hazard is somewhat different to Ronaldo. The main role for Ronaldo is basically a striker to score goals while Hazard is supposed to be an attacking midfielder making plays and still scoring a few. I don't think they'll ever be similar in style as Hazard is less physically built.

kouroux

But Hazard is somewhat different to Ronaldo. The main role for Ronaldo is basically a striker to score goals while Hazard is supposed to be an attacking midfielder making plays and still scoring a few. I don't think they'll ever be similar in style as Hazard is less physically built.
Yes and most important he hasn't got (yet) that goalscoring instinct and hunger.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard misses a bit of killer instinct at times, but I have rarely seem a player keep the ball glued to his feet so well he makes defences regardless of skill look like mugs.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard misses a bit of killer instinct at times, but I have rarely seem a player keep the ball glued to his feet so well he makes defences regardless of skill look like mugs.
That's his main asset. He can run with the ball, he can hold it and keep possession. There is a reason he is the most fouled player in the league. He is probably the player who is very hard to attack once he has the ball.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I really rate Hazard but Ronaldo went 42 in 49 at age 22/23. Hazard's 24 already and never topped 22 in a year. He'll never get to their level as a result, but he could be a Figo type, creating from out wide for himself and others and sneak the best player in the world for a season or two if injury/age ever gets those 2.
So you can't be the best player in the world now unless you're the highest scorer?

Raul Madrid

So you can't be the best player in the world now unless you're the highest scorer?
No, you cant be the best player unless you outperform everyone else and are more consistent than everyone else. IMO Ronaldo did this when he was at United and my opinion is also a widely held one backed up by everyone voting for him to have won the Balon D'or and the PFA Player of the Year award two times in a row and the young player of the year award also. Back then the Premier league was much stronger than it is now as evidenced by its results in Europe back then (ie 3 of the 4 semi-finalists being from the Premier league and with United being the best team in the world in 2008 which was the last time a team from the Premier League was the best team in the world).

No, you don't have to be the top scorer to be the best player but when there are players that are putting in ridiculous numbers like 40 and over in addition to demonstrating great ability in others areas (like creating lots of chances for others which is what Ronaldo did/does also) then it would really take one hell of a contribution in the middle third of the pitch (and I am talking about a prime Xavi or Iniesta like contribution) to be held in such high regard. As it stands right now, there are no players in the world that are contributing in the middle third like Xavi and Iniesta did in their best years. I don't see anyone in the world right now that is as good as Ronaldo was during his time in the Premier League apart from perhaps Neymar and obviously Ronaldo and Messi who are better then he was back then.

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
As it stands right now, there are no players in the world that are contributing in the middle third like Xavi and Iniesta did in their best years. I don't see anyone in the world right now that is as good as Ronaldo was during his time in the Premier League apart from perhaps Neymar and obviously Ronaldo and Messi who are better then he was back then.
I don't disagree at all that right now Messi and Ronaldo are clearly the best in the world, I was just taking a bit of issue with the idea that to become that good Hazard has to start turning in those kind of goal numbers. There are other ways to progress as a player.

NoPace

I don't disagree at all that right now Messi and Ronaldo are clearly the best in the world, I was just taking a bit of issue with the idea that to become that good Hazard has to start turning in those kind of goal numbers. There are other ways to progress as a player.
In my opinion, a lot of players have been the best player in the world over the last 20 years and not been at Messi or even Ronaldo's slightly lower level.

If Hazard does keep progressing, a player of his style and position would, I think, peak no later than 27 or 28 and Messi and Ronaldo will still be better at that time, so Hazard likely won't ever be the best, but if he does, I would think it would be for a season, and in the way Figo was, as an all-around attacking force creating for others from out wide and getting a fair share of goals too.

NoPace

Messi is an incredible playmaker and he scores a ton of goals. Not sure it's possible for an attacker to be at his level without doing both.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Messi is an incredible playmaker and he scores a ton of goals. Not sure it's possible for an attacker to be at his level without doing both.
I don't think anyone could rival Messi until he declines with age to be honest. He's the best player who ever lived, and that's setting the bar impossibly high for a competitor.

Devil may care

I thought he was really poor tonight, these are the games where the big players step up and like in the WC he shrank. Credit on his composure with the penalty but overall he didn't affect the game nearly enough or cause Marquinhos enough problems.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I thought he was really poor tonight, these are the games where the big players step up and like in the WC he shrank. Credit on his composure with the penalty but overall he didn't affect the game nearly enough or cause Marquinhos enough problems.
Wouldn't blame him. The entire team was shit. I don't recall us creating a single clear cut chance.

NoPace

I'm inclined to think he was well marked and just didn't get the necessary service. He was also a bit unlucky not to be played in once or twice one 1-2's.

RooneyLegend

Tried to no avail. PSG knew they could deposit most of their defensive resources to his side of the pitch because the other side pretty much poses no threat, through the middle to.

Status
Not open for further replies.