Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemanarmy

He shouldn't stay at Chelsea. He would be much more effective in another team, in which he has more freedom to be creative and do less defensive work.

Haddock

Seriously, I want to understand how anyone can think hazard is as good as Neymar?
Moved this here because it has no place in the 'best front three thread'
Because I watch them play instead of counting stats. For him to retain so much flair in a Mourinho set up is remarkable, add to that his decision making in the final third. Nearly every Chelsea move goes through him, teams double mark him and he still produces the goods every week. I'm not knocking Neymar or questioning his fantastic ability, he's a terrific finisher - earlier you mentioned that Suarez wasn't quite as clinical as Aguero or Villa - well I believe Neymar is quite clinical. The argument against Hazard seems to be that he hasn't blitzed the league the way Ronaldo and Suarez did in recent years. (Your comment above hints at this)

But Hazard plays for Mourinho - and that man actively prioritises efficiency at the cost of Personal flair and entertainment and for him to do what he's doing - is a great achievement. Even Ronaldo (and I feel stupid even saying this) became a bit less exciting to watch under Jose. Can one say the same about Hazard? He's improved his end product without sacrificing his unpredictable play for 3 years now. Hazard plays deeper than Neymar - he's got less freedom to move around and more defensive work to do. I would so far as to say there is no team in the league over the last two years which has fully shut out Hazard in a game. He doesn't have Messi on his side to take away some of the pressure either. I hope Chelsea (or any other side he plays for) make him the undoubted main man in the side sooner or later - that would give us an even better indication of how good he is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Completely disagree. Neymar is a level above right now for me. And no, it's not because I'm counting stats and randomly looking at things superficially. In fact I often criticise people for not looking beyond stats. But there's a point where the far gap in superior match winning ability ( Neymar) is just not made up by a better contribution to general play (hazard). Basically Neymar does what he does better than hazard. That's why Neymar looks currently the obvious choice for the next balon dor winner after the big two whereas I don't see that level from hazard at all right now.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Completely disagree. Neymar is a level above right now for me. And no, it's not because I'm counting stats and randomly looking at things superficially. In fact I often criticise people for not looking beyond stats. But there's a point where the far gap in superior match winning ability ( Neymar) is just not made up by a better contribution to general play (hazard). Basically Neymar does what he does better than hazard. That's why Neymar looks currently the obvious choice for the next balon dor winner after the big two whereas I don't see that level from hazard at all right now.
You need to watch more Eden then. Some of the stuff he's done over the last two years has been just ridiculous. Double and triple marked, and just walked through them time after time after time. If he starts scoring the numbers he's capable of (and bear in mind he already scored 19 goals this season) he's going to be unstoppable. There seems to be a real blind spot with some fans about seeing how good he really is and it confuses me. There's a reason he swept the board on individual player honours this year, and thats playing in the same league as Aguero, Sanchez, Silva et al.

amolbhatia50k

You need to watch more Eden then. Some of the stuff he's done over the last two years has been just ridiculous. Double and triple marked, and just walked through them time after time after time. If he starts scoring the numbers he's capable of (and bear in mind he already scored 19 goals this season) he's going to be unstoppable. There seems to be a real blind spot with some fans about seeing how good he really is and it confuses me. There's a reason he swept the board on individual player honours this year, and thats playing in the same league as Aguero, Sanchez, Silva et al.
Come on, now. He's not been that good this year forget last year when no one thought of him as even comparing to the best (Suarez)in this league let alone ridiculous good. Sanchez? Silva? I'm talking about Neymar who will go on to be far superior to those players and already is better.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There also seems to be a confusion between what he has actually accomplished and what he could possibly accomplish. Yes he could score more but he hasn't and for a guy like him, it's the next step. I look at the position he plays, the chances, the talent he has and I think he could have done much better in terms of productivity and game influence.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Come on, now. He's not been that good this year forget last year when no one thought of him as even comparing to the best (Suarez)in this league let alone ridiculous good. Sanchez? Silva? I'm talking about Neymar who will go on to be far superior to those players and already is better.
He was very, very good last season (although a little inconsistent), what over-shadowed it then was simply Suarez having such an incredible season. This season he's scored 19 goals and got 11 assists from the left wing, and was comfortably the key player in the title winning side. He's also improved year on year and shows no signs of slowing down.

Obviously I'm going to be bias because he's one of ours, but seriously he's absolutely magical. Next year (barring injuries) you'll see why I'm raving as much as I am.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard's way overrated, he hasn't really developed since he arrived from Lille and is often a peripheral figure until he dives for a pen.
Well I've read some ridiculous stuff on the internet in the past, but that deserves a special mention. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

He was very, very good last season (although a little inconsistent), what over-shadowed it then was simply Suarez having such an incredible season. This season he's scored 19 goals and got 11 assists from the left wing, and was comfortably the key player in the title winning side. He's also improved year on year and shows no signs of slowing down.

Obviously I'm going to be bias because he's one of ours, but seriously he's absolutely magical. Next year (barring injuries) you'll see why I'm raving as much as I am.
Then maybe next year he'll finally be as good as you say he is :D

Btw, I do rate his potential very highly.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Hazard's doing it in a joke of a league where the top teams can't even get past the last 16 round of the Champions League

amolbhatia50k

The Belgium international won the PFA Player of the Year award after a stunning season for Chelsea and is now targeting the ultimate individual accolade in the game

Eden Hazard continues to dream about winning the Ballon d’Or, but joked that the talents of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are from another planet.

The 24-year-old inspired Chelsea to a Premier League title victory in 2014-15, scoring 19 goals and providing 13 assists as the Blues spent a record 274 days in first place.

Hazard was voted PFA Player of the Year for his performances, but has not yet realised his goal of being crowned the best player in the world, something he hopes to put right soon despite the two La Liga superstars.

“This has always been my dream, when I first arrived at the training centre of Lille, I said to my coach, Jean-Michel Vandamme, that one day I would become the Ballon d'Or winner,” he is quoted as saying by The Sun.

Barcelona star Messi and Real Madrid talisman Ronaldo have won each of the last seven awards between them and Hazard knows it will be tough to disrupt that run.

“Unfortunately, there are two extraterrestrials in football, Messi and Ronaldo, and it will be hard to dislodge them. I'm working hard for that."
Just read this. I do think he has the technical ability to be that level of player (nor Messi Ronaldo but a winner of this award). But like I said, I think he's a good way off and needs to improve in some areas to be a serious contender.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hazard's match winning ability is on par with Neymar's if not better. If you'd swap them, I think Neymar would struggle to have as big an influence on Chelsea as Hazard has, whereas Hazard would slot right into Barca's team. Suarez would probably have 10 extra goals this season if he played alongside Hazard instead of Neymar. To add to that, Neymar's finishing isn't even that good, yes he scored a feckload of goals this season but he manages to miss a lot of goalscoring opportunities as well.

And this is not a slight on Neymar because I do think he's a better player than Hazard. But what Hazard accomplishes at Chelsea often goed under the radar here. Take him out of that team and their whole creativity is gone. He carries more responsibility and doesn't profit from two of the best players in the world next to him.

amolbhatia50k

Hazard's doing it in a joke of a league where the top teams can't even get past the last 16 round of the Champions League
It's obviously not a joke league. What you could say is that being one of the best players in England isn't that special currently given all the best ones play in Spain.

amolbhatia50k

Hazard's match winning ability is on par with Neymar's if not better. If you'd swap them, I think Neymar would struggle to have as big an influence on Chelsea as Hazard has, whereas Hazard would slot right into Barca's team. Suarez would probably have 10 extra goals this season if he played alongside Hazard instead of Neymar. To add to that, Neymar's finishing isn't even that good, yes he scored a feckload of goals this season but he manages to miss a lot of goalscoring opportunities as well.

And this is not a slight on Neymar because I do think he's a better player than Hazard. But what Hazard accomplishes at Chelsea often goed under the radar here. Take him out of that team and their whole creativity is gone. He carries more responsibility and doesn't profit from two of the best players in the world next to him.
Wait a second hazard's matching winning ability is on par if not better, he'd set up more for Suarez, hed fair better if you traded them, but he's a worse player? :confused:

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
It's obviously not a joke league. What you could say is that being one of the best players in England isn't that special currently given all the best ones play in Spain.
Bit of sarcasm aimed at the jokers who think the likes of the Spanish league is a joke when the Premier League is well below it at the minute.

RooneyLegend

While there are fundamental differences in their game and its true people have an incapability of judging players outside their teams, Neymar is ahead of Hazard at this point. He's just a more influential footballer. Hazard for all his talent has issues when it comes to the final third and making the telling contribution when it comes to winning games. His final pass is still pretty inconsistent and his ball striking, while improved, is still pretty average. For the player he is those are the parts of his game that need to be on point. I have no doubt he's going to make the step up, he's so so talented and is pretty much nerveless nowadays. He just needs to develop patters and spots where he can be effective.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Both play fantastic seasons. Hazard is the creative main-man in a fairly defensive team. He also plays a lot deeper and is much more involved in the build-up and controlling matches. Overall he bears more responsibility. All that speaks for Hazard. Still I think Neymar is the slightly better player right now. What sets him apart are his performances for Brazil, where he was the focal point of the whole team. He proved that can be "that guy", but adapted to Barca´s needs.

lifted

He'd need to move to Real Madrid or Barcelona before he'd come close to the Ballon D'or.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Always see people using Neymar's far superior goal scoring stats (which are heavily bloated due to the league he plays in and the players he plays with) but have you actually seen most of the goals he's scored?

I'd say the vast majority of his goals are tap-ins or him on the end of a brilliant through ball where he's 1v1 in acres of space against the keeper. He really doesn't score that many spectacular goals with unbelievable individual technical ability like Messi or CR7 do.

Hazard isn't a pure goal scorer/finisher but I'd guarantee that he'd have a big number of goals in that team with the amount of space Neymar gets due to sides worrying about Messi and Suarez.

Like someone said above, I'm not sure Neymar would be as effective in our team as Hazard has been. Getting hacked down constantly, double and triple marked, and being the absolute center of attention for opposing sides every match. Whereas if Hazard played in that Barca side he'd look even more unplayable than he does in the PL.

Deleted member 78215

Always see people using Neymar's far superior goal scoring stats (which are heavily bloated due to the league he plays in and the players he plays with) but have you actually seen most of the goals he's scored?

I'd say the vast majority of his goals are tap-ins or him on the end of a brilliant through ball where he's 1v1 in acres of space against the keeper. He really doesn't score that many spectacular goals with unbelievable individual technical ability like Messi or CR7 do.

Hazard isn't a pure goal scorer/finisher but I'd guarantee that he'd have a big number of goals in that team with the amount of space Neymar gets due to sides worrying about Messi and Suarez.

Like someone said above, I'm not sure Neymar would be as effective in our team as Hazard has been. Getting hacked down constantly, double and triple marked, and being the absolute center of attention for opposing sides every match. Whereas if Hazard played in that Barca side he'd look even more unplayable than he does in the PL.
Look at what Neymar is doing for Brazil.

He is better than Hazard. I really don't think it's a debatable subject.

Varun

Staff

Neymar is the superior dribbler, why would he fare worse than Hazard if he's double marked? He is no stranger to being the focus of attention either.

Attacking stats would be better for pretty much any attacker at Barca than it would be at Chelsea, its not Stats that make Neymar the better player.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Look at what Neymar is doing for Brazil.

He is better than Hazard. I really don't think it's a debatable subject.
He's certainly a better finisher and more assertive than Hazard. Struggling to think of anything else he's superior at.

People forget that Eden is much more of a facilitator and creative player than a pure goal scorer. He's more comparable to someone like Ribery than he is to CR7.

Deleted member 78215

He's certainly a better finisher and more assertive than Hazard. Struggling to think of anything else he's superior at.

People forget that Eden is much more of a facilitator and creative player than a pure goal scorer. He's more comparable to someone like Ribery than he is to CR7.
Maybe; but in terms of talent, productivity, etc., he's a better player, as Ronaldo is a better player than Ribery.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Neymar is the superior dribbler, why would he fare worse than Hazard if he's double marked? He is no stranger to being the focus of attention either.

Attacking stats would be better for pretty much any attacker at Barca than it would be at Chelsea, its not Stats that make Neymar the better player.
He's not the superior dribbler. Flashier, sure.

Hazard is probably the most effective dribbler in world football. If not, likely just behind Messi.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's not the superior dribbler. Flashier, sure.

Hazard is probably the most effective dribbler in world football. If not, likely just behind Messi.
No player in the world is near as good a dribbler as Messi, you're talking about a player who can beat six or seven players.

Status
Not open for further replies.