Ederson Moraes

Phil

To be fair, a lot of keepers do that rushing out thing and feck it up every once in a while. Hopefully he does it regularly.

prateik

He did an Almunia.
/* off to google where Almunia is these days.

edit: For anyone who cares. he retired 3 years ago when he found out he had a rare heart condition... and he is 40..

padr81

Supports
Man City
Claudio teaching him well. "the ball, ederson, you must avoid it at all costs"

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The mistake on Lukaku's goal was dumb but I can't imagine he'll make that one all too often. I think how he handled Rashford was more of an issue. He let himself get caught in no man's land and didn't make himself big. He's still young though - turning 24 shortly - but hopefully he's not a fast learner.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He had a good game barring the Lukaku goal. Is it just me or does he look quite small?

PoTMS

Looks a good keeper (based entirely on one game). Already looks better than Calamity Bravo and Shouty Joe Hart. Hopefully the City goalkeeping coaches gets their hand on him.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
He's going to make a few howlers this season in that typical sweeper keeper fashion but so far he's looked very solid. His positioning and timing has been spot on. Not seen to much of his shot stopping ability just yet.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I do wonder if, after yesterday, he'll hesitate to come out like that again.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Looks decent so far. We never really tested him properly yesterday but his distribution seemed better than Bravo's.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Might be a case like Petr Cech who arguably was never the same after his head injuries.
From what I seen of him he looks a very good buy, his instincts an speed are remarkable off the line. Don't think yesterday will bother him to much, I'm sure he's picked up a good few knocks, and it just looks superficial not like Cech's fractured skull.

Treble

He decided the game yesterday. Looks much better than Bravo.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hasn't been tested but he's looking solid.
Gives their defence so much confidence.

twitter thread suggester
His goal kicks are ridiculous. I don't think any other keeper in the league is able to kick a ball as long as he is.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Worse tattoo than Sane.

He's very good with his feet and generally restarting attacks, has to be said.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Huge upgrade on what they had, he’s being protected from having much to do much like Valdes was at Barca though

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He should let a goal in so he can be criticised as a waste of money but the stubborn swine refuses to oblige :(

FromTheBench

He will feck up a few times doing that sweeper thing, imo but is a big improvement over what they had last season there.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I really don't see how anyone can judge him yet. He's not been put under any pressure. It's only once he has that we'll get a true indication of his quality or mettle.

Mike09

That's a bit of an exaggeration.
I actually think Ederson is better than I thought and I must say he looks better than Courtois. Even though Courtois has very good reflex but he is a bit clumsy sometime.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Impossible to say better than courtois. Having a great start though. Reckon hell be worth a few points for us on last season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was impressed from him the very beginning even during that Lukaku game and he's going from strength to strength at the moment. He's better than De Gea on the ball, very confident.

Still to be majorly tested but signs are he's the real deal.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
His distribution is incredible. Long passes in particular. Benfica scored a few goals thanks to him starting counters with his long kicks.

cyberman

I can't think of a save he's had to make.
Saving what you're supposed to and not fecking up would stand out after everything City had to put up with.

AshfordLad

Class keeper. Find him very very close to DDG overall. His footwork is exceptional. Nothing between him and Neuer with regard to that.

Courtois does not even come close. He is a decent stopper but the was Jesus made him change his game today shows how far behind he is when it comes it top keepers.