Ederson Moraes

cyberman

But come in for the warm up and watch him ping balls around... Truely a world class talent... As said by Gary Neville

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
But he can play in midfield or something.

Idxomer

Watching him makes you appreciate even more how good Neuer is.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Don't care how good he is on the ball, deserves dropping for today next time out. Shocking positioning for both goals. Need to understand he's a keeper not a sweeper first and foremost

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Him and his entire PR team spent the whole season hyping up his penalty taking skills :lol: :lol: :lol:

thepolice123

His two goalkicks to the stands absolutely killed City in stoppage time. So much for distribution. :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very rash for the goal.

He probably saw Henderson vs Salah and figured he better go to the other extreme.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Good that we're not the only ones whose goalkeepers have glaring faults.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I've said it before, he's a decent keeper with great distribution. He's obviously told to rush immediately and he gets caught out every so often. If Havertz hadn't scored he'd likely have got a red for the deliberate handball.

Nero

Preventing goals is overrated. It's all about hitting those 50 yard passes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Been an absolute joke the last 3 weeks, while the rest of the team have shown great mentality today he's been a nervous wreck.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For a less dominant team, he'd be a disaster of a keeper.

Blood Mage

Apart from Alisson these modern hipster goalkeepers can't half be a liability in high pressure games like today. I'll stick with De Gea over most of them.

ShinjiNinja26

Garbage. So overrated, gets hyped up because he can play a nice pass. If he wasn’t playing for a side so dominant in possession like City he’d be getting exposed every week.

padr81

Supports
Man City
For a less dominant team, he'd be a disaster of a keeper.
100%, maybe not a disaster but he'd be ok at best. I think the last few weeks have put to bed the myth that he doesn't have as many errors in him as Alisson does too, both have errors but Alisson is the far better actual goalkeeper.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Apart from Alisson these modern hipster goalkeepers can't half be a liability in high pressure games like today. I'll stick with De Gea over most of them.
Apart from Alisson? He's the biggest liability of them all

Idxomer

De Gea isn't any good either in high-pressure games.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
100%, maybe not a disaster but he'd be ok at best. I think the last few weeks have put to bed the myth that he doesn't have as many errors in him as Alisson does too, both have errors but Alisson is the far better actual goalkeeper.
Ederson have errors in him but overall he is much better with his feet and distribution than Alisson. Alisson is good, Ederson is spectacular. That being said I'd take Alisson for the total package, his distribution and calmness is more than good enough and a much better keeper. If you swap them around City as a team would be more or less the same, conceding maybe slightly less goals while Liverpool would be a significantly weaker side because they had no shot-stopper to rely on. Eddie would have a field day kicking balls over defences for their front three though

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ederson have errors in him but overall he is much better with his feet and distribution than Alisson. Alisson is good, Ederson is spectacular. That being said I'd take Alisson for the total package, his distribution and calmness is more than good enough and a much better keeper. If you swap them around City as a team would be more or less the same, conceding maybe slightly less goals while Liverpool would be a significantly weaker side because they had no shot-stopper to rely on. Eddie would have a field day kicking balls over defences for their front three though
For sure, agree 100%. Ederson is a far better passer though Alisson is still pretty good but for me where Alisson really stands out is how composed he is compared to Ederson, if a player goes through on 1v1 with Allison you almost expect the save, with Ederson you expect the goal and Eddie also concedes far more saveable shots. Neither have the cat like reflexes of prime DDG. Eddie is just so rash.

charlenefan

Both teams would be worse off imo

padr81

Supports
Man City
Both teams would be worse off imo
I think City might be slightly better off. Liverpool would concede a ton with Ederson in goal, in fact he's probably get 3 or 4 reds a season. We don't play nearly as high a defensive line as they do, nor do we give up nearly as many chances or 1 v 1's.

charlenefan

I think City might be slightly better off. Liverpool would concede a ton with Ederson in goal, in fact he's probably get 3 or 4 reds a season. We don't play nearly as high a defensive line as they do, nor do we give up nearly as many chances or 1 v 1's.
But you rely so much on Ederson's distribution

padr81

Supports
Man City
But you rely so much on Ederson's distribution
We do but I think outside of the long balls over the top Alissons pro's would outweigh the cons. Today for example I think Alisson doesn't panic for West Hams first goal.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
For sure, agree 100%. Ederson is a far better passer though Alisson is still pretty good but for me where Alisson really stands out is how composed he is compared to Ederson, if a player goes through on 1v1 with Allison you almost expect the save, with Ederson you expect the goal and Eddie also concedes far more saveable shots. Neither have the cat like reflexes of prime DDG. Eddie is just so rash.
Alisson is absolutely fantastic at coming out and making his goal smaller, he is so so hard to beat one on one. His positioning on the line is also impeccable. Eddie, I actually think is pretty decent at coming out one on one, but on the line it's like he is not actually there at times, he reacts way to slow to everything that is happening around him in the box unless he has the ball at his feet for some reason.

It used to be the case that Eddies ratio looked worse because we conceded less chances but they were pretty clear cut while Liverpool used to be very defensively minded a couple of seasons ago but now with their high-line they concede several clear-cut chances every game where Alisson bails them out so no excuses now.

Personally I'm a bit keen on that Maignan fella from Milan

padr81

Supports
Man City
Alisson is absolutely fantastic at coming out and making his goal smaller, he is so so hard to beat one on one. His positioning on the line is also impeccable. Eddie, I actually think is pretty decent at coming out one on one, but on the line it's like he is not actually there at times, he reacts way to slow to everything that is happening around him in the box unless he has the ball at his feet for some reason.

It used to be the case that Eddies ratio looked worse because we conceded less chances but they were pretty clear cut while Liverpool used to be very defensively minded a couple of seasons ago but now with their high-line they concede several clear-cut chances every game where Alisson bails them out so no excuses now.

Personally I'm a bit keen on that Maignan fella from Milan
Maignan looks great but despite his flaws I don't think we need to change Eddie, for me only Alisson would make us better. Honestly having watched a fair bit of Ireland living here, I'd be tempted to see how Bazunu develops over the next couple of years, good with his feet and has done really well on both loans and at International level.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Maignan looks great but despite his flaws I don't think we need to change Eddie, for me only Alisson would make us better. Honestly having watched a fair bit of Ireland living here, I'd be tempted to see how Bazunu develops over the next couple of years, good with his feet and has done really well on both loans and at International level.
Over a season I agree, I think Eddies pros outweighs his cons. But over the last few months I have started developing a feeling that he absolutely can be a liability on the biggest stage against the best teams. Watching Courtouis filling every inch of the goal at the Bernabeu and then watching Eddie stand rooted to his spot twice in injury time was infuriating, and also the goal Jota punted straight through him at the Etihad was criminal but we are just so used to it by now.

I really like Bazunu, he could really do with a decent loan higher up in the divisions next year for a team that play sonewhat similiar to us.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Over a season I agree, I think Eddies pros outweighs his cons. But over the last few months I have started developing a feeling that he absolutely can be a liability on the biggest stage against the best teams. Watching Courtouis filling every inch of the goal at the Bernabeu and then watching Eddie stand rooted to his spot twice in injury time was infuriating, and also the goal Jots punted straight through him at the Etihad was criminal but we are just so used to it by now.

I really like Bazunu, he could really do with a decent loan higher up in the divisions next year for a team that play sonewhat similiar to us.
Yeah I think high end championship or lower PL. If Palace didn't have Guaita that'd be an ideal loan for him.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
As great as VVD is, if we don’t have Alisson we probably don’t have a title race.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Been an absolute joke the last 3 weeks, while the rest of the team have shown great mentality today he's been a nervous wreck.
Agree - his form has been really poor ever since the 2-2 at the Etihad imo.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A tad unrelated to the discussion but he's definitely in the run for the ugliest footballer ever.

Anyway I think he suits City just fine(though maybe a more cat like keeper would have kept one of those 2 goals by Rodrygo out?) But Allison is definitely clear, much better even though he's slightly worse in distribution.

Swordsman

is he only good at sweeping and distribution ?

If DDG was playing at goal. im pretty sure a couple of goal scoring chances will be denied.

Last edited: