6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorris

Still a proper player. It’s been so long since we had a striker who knows how to lead the line.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I need to watch this game again. He is something else. Not sure how much impact he's going to have but what a great option to have.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is there a no.9 in the recent years of the game who has movement as good as this guy? Just watch him in every attack or half attack, he makes about 4 different runs. Mental.

Didn't think he was as good as everyone else did clearly. We scored 4 but I didn't think he was a massive threat. Messed up his best opportunity not shooting first time and a couple of other times I thought he was hesitant to really attack the box. Put in a great shift though and hold up was good
You've gotta appreciate the quality of the hold up and one touch pass/move which opened up the entire pitch for us on so many occasions (last goal the perfect example). It's been a while since we've had a number 9 capable of that, Martial aint and Lukaku certainly wasn't.
Tonight was a proper number 9 performance, hence why so many posters are purring over it.

Wayne's World

Man he still has the wonderful movement that he still had at PSG and Napoli. Absolute joy to watch at 34, young footballers should be shown videos of how good his movement is when he's inside the box

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Best thing for me today was to see his work ethic, fitness levels and enthusiasm. He still wants to make an impact and really prove himself, as opposed to a BFS type retirement gig.

lost count of the number of times he ran back into his defensive half to offer an outlet.

he will get plenty of games between now and the new year which will mean he’s proper fit and firing for the 2nd half of the season

DickDastardly

Seriously though, he's a freaking fox. Tall lanky quick bastard. Popped out everywhere. Chased the ball, smart closing down, always makes him self available.

He's just what we need to lead the front.

We could easily pull out the 4-3-3 with Martial - Cavani - Rashford front and VDB-Bruno-Fred middle.

We have some much needed smoothness upfront with him.

Brightonian

Worked insanely hard. Unlucky that ball after ball to him either wasn't executed quite right or went the other way than he did. Instrumental in creating the space around him in which Fernandes, Rashford and Martial thrived in the first half, with his runs and hold-up and give-and-gos.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
You've gotta appreciate the quality of the hold up and one touch passing which opened up the entire pitch for us. It's been a while since we've had a number 9 capable of that, Martial aint and Lukaku certainly wasn't.
Tonight was a proper number 9 performance, hence why so many posting are purring over it.
No I did like all that but I thought he could have carried more of a goal threat. It was a bit firmino like

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is there a no.9 in the recent years of the game who has movement as good as this guy? Just watch him in every attack or half attack, he makes about 4 different runs. Mental.
In my opinion, nope. His movement has been the best in the world for a number of years. His finishing being erratic has let him down now and then though

No I did like all that but I thought he could have carried more of a goal threat. It was a bit firmino like
first start in 8/9 months?

perhaps tonight was a bit firminho like, but first start, and having scored 350 goals in his career, I’m not worried.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His strikers instinct will get sharper, but it's nice having the focal point up top. Should've scored and he'll get more involved in the chances with time, but he definitely should be starting more. Tougher games, we'll see, our counter system works quite well, but he needs to be an automatic starter against any team that sits back as we need the focal point since Rashford and Martial like tapping it around too much, far too deep.

Saddy

He should just play one full match per week and sub for the other match but I've no doubts now about his fitness and desire - I'm thinking we could get 2 good seasons out of him.

Never stopped running and closing down even on the edge of our box at the end

Clear 7/10 without scoring

sillwuka

Oh Edison. I really enjoy watching his relentless pressing + intelligent movement.

A player of his calibre could have come in and done the bare minimum living off his name but my god he works his socks off. Gutted he didn't score tonight.

A-man

Knows how to play the game, but has lost his killer instincts in front of the goal (temporarily?).

Why are no corners aiming for him? I remember at PSG he always used to meet the ball at corners and head the ball towards the first post. We need alternatives for hitting it to Maguire.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Top class. I just hope he's got the engine to be able to start games consecutively

ti vu

Knows how to play the game, but has lost his killer instincts in front of the goal (temporarily?).

Why are no corners aiming for him? I remember at PSG he always used to meet the corners and bead the ball towards the first post. We need alternatives for hitting it to Maguire.
Him having the right tool as no 9 help the team, but he himself ain't as physically sharp as he used to be. Kinda like Henrik Larson for us. Would be surprised he can be as prolific as he used to be, or influential in our team. Just make it fluid, serviceable. Will need other to step up to win the games.

Fluctuation0161

His movement is great. Shame he hasn't scored but he is definitely looking like he is starting to warm up into a good option.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His multiple movements in any single attack reminded me of Chicharito.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Exactly what Ole has been after in a striker for the last 2 years. Works his bollocks off and is willing to get clattered just for a sniff at goal. Thought he was great tonight and could’ve had a couple of goals if his team mates were on the same wavelength.

A-man

Him having the right tool as no 9 help the team, but he himself ain't as physically sharp as he used to be. Kinda like Henrik Larson for us. Would be surprised he can be as prolific as he used to be, or influential in our team. Just make it fluid, serviceable. Will need other to step up to win the games.
Yes that’s how he played today, just having him on the pitch makes the whole team more fluid. His movements are wet good. Just wish he score as well ...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Put in another solid shift today with some good passes and some nice movements but we ,as a team ,are still not getting the best out of him yet.

I do think he needs to become abit more selfish too. He looks quite timid in that respect.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cavani until we can sign Haaland :drool:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Unfit my arse! The guy is a Duracell bunny

his link up play, his movement, his flicks, his stepovers, his one touch passing

Top notch. Please play him in the PL ole!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I really liked the cut of his jib. Great performance only lacking a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.