Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Decent performance, but one thing that is glaring about his game. He has three speeds. General movement, charging up and top speed. The time between general movement, charging up and top speed takes an age and he absolutely cannot move laterally at all when he's in either of these modes. It was actually pretty scary today seeing that for the first time. I'm not sure how well he's going to fare playing at the absolute top level for us over the next couple of seasons but it will be something to watch.

Devil may care

Solid game, the triumvirate with Rashford and Martial either side looked promising, made me think of what it could be if we had a prime #9 there like Haaland in the long term.

Name Changed

weso26
I thought he was very good. He may be getting old, but the touch and brain are still there. He works hard also. A great player to have in the squad. And it was between him and Martial at this moment in time, I would play him. Martial needs a kick up the hole.

Web of Bissaka

Natural and for once "we have a CF" <-- if you get what I meant. That's what matters.

Nice to see constant presence at the centre. Martial is far better and has more consistent presence on the left wing, as we already know.

MetoTTT

I'll be amazed if he gets 10 goals in all competitions this season, let alone the league.
You're maybe right but he can have the effect as Giroud at France NT. Never been a Zlatan fan. If Cavani can stay fit he could have a great impact on this team (pressing, work rate, movement, attitude, holding, link up play). We don't need walking players (we have enough of this).

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Judging from his work-rate, movement and show of enthusiasm it doesn't seem he's just here for his last payday. He's not also a washed-up player like a lot of posters thought we signed — a massive upgrade on the very likeable Ighalo.

joedirt87

I thought he played well. Good link up play, stayed central and made runs in the box.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He looks pretty sharp. Looks fit enough too. Which is great.

Grab a few goals in the upcoming matches - and the ball is really rolling (not that he absolutely needs to score in order to make an impact - he isn't a sheer poacher - but it would be nice, and probably good for his confidence).

TrustInOle

His link up play was a joy to watch. Excited to see more of him with Rashford and Martial coming of the wings.

EireRed_GS

He looked sharp and fit. He provided a focal point to the team we have not had yet this season. If he keeps that up, Martial needs to moved aside from the no9 position and play Cavani there. We just look more fluid and productive.

romufc

Even with the success he has had, his desire is still there. I saw him chase all the way to DM at one point. Absolute class.

This is what this team needs, leaders like him and Bruno who set the tone, the rest all look bad if they dont follow.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Even with the success he has had, his desire is still there. I saw him chase all the way to DM at one point. Absolute class.

This is what this team needs, leaders like him and Bruno who set the tone, the rest all look bad if they dont follow.
Yup I came here to say that as well. We haven't seen that kind of aggressive chasing the ball down deep into our side of the pitch since RvP imho. Made me all giddy when he did that. I have no doubt the goals will come soon.

KennyBurner

You mean to tell me its possible for a number 9 to play well without scoring a goal??? The Cafe have been telling me something different the past few weeks.

kidbob

I seen a very good performance from what is a back up striker. Better than Ighalo (but at times Ighalo had the same type of performance) but nothing to suggest that we should deviate from Martial at CF with Mason and Rashford either side. It hasn't been firing yet (especially Martial) but no point forgetting what they did last season in favour of starting a 33 year old who hasn't outperformed this years underperforming Martial. Happy with him as a very good sub option.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I just enjoy having a striker play as a striker.

TheRedHearted

In all honesty, I thought he looked like he was lacking an edge, but we look a far better side with an actual number 9 playing for us rather than a perma-sulking statue.

Hopefully he's still shaking the rustiness off, but a proper, long term no 9 is an absolute priority.
Martial s off form and suddenly everyone forgets what he did for us last season. Quite silly.
Do agree the guy needs some serious man management. He’s an emotional guy and needs to lead a little more with his heart imo. Seems to be stuck in his head at the moment.

RUCK4444

The key will be whether Bruno links better with Cavani than Martial. If he does (seemed to in that last game) then I think Ole makes the change to let Cavani be this season's first choice number 9.

I'd back that as well. If it brings Bruno into play even more and brings more balance to the attack then it needs to happen.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would start him ,Martial and Mason. Southampton will press high up and his movement would cause a lot of problem. We also get a target man to aim for.

Rashford can start against PSG.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
As I said when he signed, he has spent a decade playing for the Uruguayan NT (which requires that as a qualifying attribute) and he wasn't a mercenary looking for a last fat contract sitting on the bench but a club that would challenge him and make him stay fit and firing on all cylinders for Qatar.

The day he stops doing that it will be because his legs are gone.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The key will be whether Bruno links better with Cavani than Martial. If he does (seemed to in that last game) then I think Ole makes the change to let Cavani be this season's first choice number 9.

I'd back that as well. If it brings Bruno into play even more and brings more balance to the attack then it needs to happen.
His first few cameos it was clear nobody could anticipate or read his runs. Getting better but a long way to go. At the risk of everyone losing their minds, I would actually like to see him and Mata at some point (against low block sides) instead of him subbing Mata. Pretty sure they would hit it off straight away.

RUCK4444

His first few cameos it was clear nobody could anticipate or read his runs. Getting better but a long way to go. At the risk of everyone losing their minds, I would actually like to see him and Mata at some point (against low block sides) instead of him subbing Mata. Pretty sure they would hit it off straight away.
His movement is better than any forward in our squad, by a big distance.

Mata being one of the more intelligent in the side would probably do well with him, I agree.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Judging from his work-rate, movement and show of enthusiasm it doesn't seem he's just here for his last payday. He's not also a washed-up player like a lot of posters thought we signed — a massive upgrade on the very likeable Ighalo.
This.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Absolutely agree with this and am glad someone else had the courage to say it out loud! They could work really well together against lower half prem teams for you, keeping your speed merchant forward line fresh for Europe where fast incisive breaks are much more effective.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Absolutely, I wasn’t expecting him to come here and be terrible by any means, I thought he’d be a quality option off the bench but judging by his efforts so far he’s going to be pushing to be a regular starter.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I seen a very good performance from what is a back up striker. Better than Ighalo (but at times Ighalo had the same type of performance) but nothing to suggest that we should deviate from Martial at CF with Mason and Rashford either side. It hasn't been firing yet (especially Martial) but no point forgetting what they did last season in favour of starting a 33 year old who hasn't outperformed this years underperforming Martial. Happy with him as a very good sub option.
You saw that while I saw a proper CF display. While Cavani is fit, on what I’ve seen so far, I’d be starting him in as many games as he can manage. His movement and work rate is very good.

Idxomer

That was amazing 2nd half, shades of Van Persie in the 2012/2013 comeback.

CM

Massive impact. I was losing faith in our player's ability in front of goal, thank feck for Cavani!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Struggling to see any evidence that he’d even be ready to have an impact on Soccer Aid match. Utterly anonymous.

Ighalo will have had a greater positive impact at the club and will seem to have been underused in comparison.
Yep, this was me.

el3mel

Cavaniiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

Fecking class!! Never in doubt about him. Knew he would surprise everyone here.

Top class striker banging them on for us !! Get the feck in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.