Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cavani needs a run of starts. Unfair to judge him on a couple of cameos.
And hey presto, a start and an assist and two goals. He'll be perfect for this year, perhaps next also. Let's hope we see a lot less of Martial for a while now.

Pace Abuser

I've read for years how this guy is average from the caf experts. That though, was as class a striker performance as you'll see in the EPL.

432JuanMata

Not too bad signing 30+ players from PSG even though the Caf is against it. Top class today proper #9

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When he came in I thought he was a huge upgrade on Ighalo and that he gave us more genuine starting options but I was worried about why he was coming, the fact that he didn't go back to PSG for the Champions League games concerned me that he was more focussed on securing a big, long(ish) term contract and gave up on probably his best chance to win the Champions League to get it.

However he's been terrific in recent games, today has been coming and he already looks really sharp and dynamic which it would have been fair to think might have taken a little longer given his age and the period of time in which he didn't play. You can see how much better United could look with a guy like him starting regularly from now which is promising.
You got it wrong mate. PSG froze him completely, if it were up to him, he would have played every single game even if it meant leaving on a free. He is too much of a pro to do what you thought he did

Tony247

Start him every week. Looks fit in his prime fitness. Proper striker.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
With Martial we aren't winning today. No offense to Martial but Cavani was on a whole different level.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The guy is a natural finisher. We just need our other players to be less selfish.

Foxbatt

Owen said when he joined United that he has the best movements in the box. He was spot on. He should know obviously.
None of our strikers would have scored those two goals.
My only worry is can he play every game?

Strelok

What a striker. My most sincere apologies for thinking you're too old. CAVANI :devil: :devil: :devil:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's past it, isn't he...

His movement and reactions are just beautiful, and something we haven't seen in the box for so long. I really hope Ole just sticks to playing him more regularly, because he is making an impact up front more than any of the other forwards.

Red Stone

God, I've missed having a top class out and out striker in the team. We haven't had one since RVP.

El Zoido

Great player. A consummate professional, fantastic centre forward and exactly what we needed. Martial is not ever scoring those goals.

GenZRed

I thought he was past it when he first arrived but I admit I was wrong. Two great goals today and I just knew when that cross came in for his second goal today that if Cavani made contact it is going in.

Chief123

Cavani, I am so sorry for shitting on you when we failed to get Sancho and you were brought in instead. The number 7 shirt should be retired after you finished wearing it my love.

No brainer to sign him up for next season as well! Looks fitter and sharper than some of our younger players!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We don’t have anyone else who would’ve gambled on those balls in. Shows how much of a difference it makes, superb today.

Status
Not open for further replies.