6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaykespeare88

Its not just the goals, he's commited and involved all over the pitch. Physically in great condition aswell it seems.

Adamsk7

Today reminded me what a real world class striker is. I’d completely forgotten and was fooling myself that Rashford and Martial were.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Cavani is the 3rd most prolific scorer in top 5 leagues since his debut in Serie A in 2007 (253 goals). Guess who the first two are. Interestingly, he shares his spot with Zlatan.

Cloud7

Those goals are what he’s all about. Movement and finishing. Great stuff.

Even at the tail end of his career he still shows better movement than most other strikers I can think of, like he has throughout his entire career.

LS17

It feels amazing to watch us play with a proper number 9. I'm not sure anybody else even makes them 2 runs for his goals never mind score them, he also links up with Bruno really well. His movement is fantastic, think he has to start when fit and play Martial, Rashford and Greenwood from the wide positions for the time being.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Cavani is the 3rd most prolific scorer in top 5 leagues since his debut in Serie A in 2007 (253 goals). Guess who the first two are. Interestingly, he shares his spot with Zlatan.
Hmmm Lewandowski and Kane (I'm really struggling to think of another other than Lewandowski, maybe Rooney then) ? If not including Messi and Ronaldo.

Suarez I would also guess but I don't think you would include his Ajax goals if it's only top 5.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
This is what a proper natural striker looks like. This whole Martial/Rashford at center forward thing just does not work.

Today Cavani showed how a Center forward with good movement, hold up play and finishing can improve the team no end. That is why Fergie always spent to get the strikers he wanted.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was worried that we were going to end up with another Falcao but it turns out we got another Zlatan Edinson.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Hmmm Lewandowski and Kane (I'm really struggling to think of another other than Lewandowski, maybe Rooney then) ? If not including Messi and Ronaldo.

Suarez I would also guess but I don't think you would include his Ajax goals if it's only top 5.
Messi and Ronaldo included :D

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Sterling developed the clever movement and scored A LOT because of it.
From what I remember he got into exceptional positions from his breakthrough season alongside Suárez and Sturridge, he was just even more profligate then and spent more time trying to set up the more accomplished finishers alongside him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Honestly, considering his age and the fact that he spent most of last season injured i thought he was past it, but boy i was wrong.

One thing was the two beautiful goals, but his work rate is just phenomenal. Constantly harasses their defenders and forces errors and turnovers. Out other attackers can learn a thing or two from him

SirMarcusRashford

Should be starting against PSG and West Ham, if he doesn't and Martial is in his place, i would question the judgements of the 'so called' experts who make footballing decisions at our club (Ole and his staff).

AshRK

Brilliant performance. We seriously need to sign haaland next season. This is what a world xlass number 9 can do.

Brophs

The One and Only
Should be starting against PSG and West Ham, if he doesn't and Martial is in his place, i would question the judgements of the 'so called' experts who make footballing decisions at our club (Ole and his staff).
I really don’t feel like you needed to include the bit in the brackets.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a player, 2 fantastic goals and a great assist. It’s a shame he’s not 5 years younger but we can enjoy him for a year or 2 at least.

what a celebration too :drool:

SirMarcusRashford

I really don’t feel like you needed to include the bit in the brackets.
Why not? You don't agree he should be starting? Most people would say he should, if he doesn't then it's Ole's decision and you have to question that decision and WHY he's not starting him.

There is nothing wrong with what i said and stand by it.

For the record, I'm fully behind Ole as Manchester United manager.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Respected him, gave him time to get fit again and there you go. SAF RVP signing

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I hope if we get a chance to sign someone like Lewy next, people don't start turning up their noses like they did with Edi in the summer. I am sure people can see now how much our green strikeforce needs experience around them.

RedDevil-85

A real quality nr 9 with great movement.
When was the last time one of our strikers scored 2 headed goals in the same game? Feels like an eternity but maybe i just remember badly.
Cavani should give heading lessons to Greenwood and Martial at the training ground :p

Anyway, Cavani must start from now on and i dont care who needs to be benched out of Martial,Greenwood and Rashford, all 3 of them need to step their game up especially Greenwood and Martial.

Must not burn Cavani out but he should be our first choice nr 9.

If he did want Cavani we could have signef him at anytime and not in deadline day.
How many times does it needs mentioning @laughtersassassin that earlier in the window his wage demands made it a massive no no?
However once Atletico also pulled out and the window was closing, his demands dropped significantly and all top teams had already filled that position. It was a massive opportunity that presented itself, sometimes that’s how transfers work out, similar to Auba somehow ending up at Arsenal.
Ole’s a fecking moron if he didn’t want Cavani, and whilst I’m not convinced about the gaffer, he’s not a fecking moron and all former strikers seem to adore Cavani.

No way, I'll miss the beautiful man.

But seriously though, the coaching team needs to be careful!
I’d miss him too! We clearly need to manage him, not just because he’s 33, but a new league, and he’s not played many games this year. OGS has managed him really well so far.

laughtersassassin

How many times does it needs mentioning @laughtersassassin that earlier in the window his wage demands made it a massive no no?
However once Atletico also pulled out and the window was closing, his demands dropped significantly and all top teams had already filled that position. It was a massive opportunity that presented itself, sometimes that’s how transfers work out, similar to Auba somehow ending up at Arsenal.
Ole’s a fecking moron if he didn’t want Cavani, and whilst I’m not convinced about the gaffer, he’s not a fecking moron and all former strikers seem to adore Cavani.
I'm sure he wanted him when we where in the second last day of the window and we hadn't improved the squad. Doubt he was planning to bring him in a month or two before that.

I'm not using this as a point against Ole. Just another example of our recruitment being mental

Status
Not open for further replies.